Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raze

Gender brain differences may explain gender imbalance in the spirituality community

43 posts in this topic

I’ve seen people pointing out the gender imbalance in the spirituality and consciousness community. Namely that women seem more interested in the subject, but most of the teachers and masters are men. It’s possible this is partially explained in brain differences.

https://www.education.com/slideshow/brain-differences-between-boys-girls/spatial-sense/

Relevant information:

1. Fact: A girl's brain has 15 to 20 percent more activity than a boy's brain at a given time.

2. Fact: Boys' brains have more gray matter. Girls' brains have more white matter.

Explanation: Gray matter localizes brain activity in a single part of the brain, rather than spreading to other parts of the brain. White matter connects brain activity to different parts of the brain, including emotion centers.

3. Fact: Boys' brains enter a rest state more times a day than girls' brains.

4. Fact: The hippocampus, a memory center in the brain, is more active in girls than in boys.

Explanation: Girls better recall emotional and relational experiences than boys. These recollections guide girls to multitask in memory and daily life.

5. Fact: Girls' brain lobes (occipital, parietal, temporal, and frontal) are more active than the lobes of a boy.

Explanation: There are more connections in girls' brains between memory and sensations. Girls have a greater sensorial experience, and they more strongly connect their experiences to feelings, memories, and senses.

So this could mean women are naturally more interested in spirituality because they are more connected to their emotions and have higher brain activity and are more motivated to learn stillness. Whereas for the men who become interested in it, they are naturally slightly better at focusing and stilling the mind, so they get the hang out of it faster and are more likely to go far enough to become a teacher or master.

(I’m not saying this is the only reason)

3 hours ago, Raze said:

I’ve seen people pointing out the gender imbalance in the spirituality and consciousness community. Namely that women seem more interested in the subject, but most of the teachers and masters are men. It’s possible this is partially explained in brain differences.

https://www.education.com/slideshow/brain-differences-between-boys-girls/spatial-sense/

Relevant information:

So this could mean women are naturally more interested in spirituality because they are more connected to their emotions and have higher brain activity and are more motivated to learn stillness. Whereas for the men who become interested in it, they are naturally slightly better at focusing and stilling the mind, so they get the hang out of it faster and are more likely to go far enough to become a teacher or master.

(I’m not saying this is the only reason)

Brains are imaginary my friend they play no role in things such as this 

Women are more intuitive than men, and they are more right-brained or whole-brained whereas men are more left-brained analytical. This certainly affects consciousness work. Many men are closed off from spirituality because they are so mechanical, rational, and autistic-like.

Many women even have psychic intuitive abilities. Which is why women are much more into horoscopes and other woo-woo stuff. Men have a hard time understanding this because men try to grasp everything rationally, which off course is far too limited.

But men can also be a lot more serious when they get into spirituality. They can be more hardcore about it than women. And hardcore discipline is important to get serious results. Women tend to be too fluffy and lovey-dovey in their approach, which produces less results like serious awakening.

Each style has its pros and cons.

Edit: Please note, these are gross generalizations. There will be plenty of exceptions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

People gravitate towards teachers who emanate what they want. In our society we worship emotional equanimity and mistake focus and equanimity for enlightenment.

Focus and being scatter brained are not what they seem, when you go deep into nonduality. They are opposites only to the mind, going beyond the mind does not mean having a focused mind. It is not transcending mind. It means going backwards and through mind, including mind. 

The reason you see more male teachers and more successful teachers are male is because people misunderstand and project what they want from enlightenment onto it. There are also a lot of reasons that women are programmed to want to help and do their work for free without seeking any recognition. A master is not a master until you see him as such. "Master" is a projection of the mind, also coincidently, has strong connotations of being male. 

Ah, duality is a bitch. Or master. Whatever. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Just now, Loving Radiance said:

Coming to the origin you mean?

Yeah, but when you have believed that you are transcending the mind and you let go of your belief of rising above "something" over time, then the word backwards becomes an incredibly helpful pointer. 

The beginning is the end. Strange loops don't only go in one direction. I mean did you imagine they only went clockwise? xD OH, no. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw The difference between your channel and Leo’s channel is a good example of this gender imbalance. All of Leo’s videos are tailored towards understanding reality as it is, and giving techniques for how to achieve enlightenment. Very simple.

Your channel on the other hand is more scattered. There is no goal to your videos, no techniques for enlightenment, no practicality. I could barely watch them without thinking ‘what’s the point of watching this video. How will this help me?’ Hence you get close to no views.

Men talk about wisdom; women weave it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Edogowa Conan If only I believed enlightenment were a practical goal, maybe I would do a better job manufacturing and marketing it.  

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Edogowa Conan If only I believed enlightenment were a practical goal,

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But men can also be a lot more serious when they get into spirituality. They can be more hardcore about it than women. And hardcore discipline is important to get serious results. Women tend to be too fluffy and lovey-dovey in their approach, which produces less results like serious awakening.

Case closed.

Awww, well fuck! When I was a kid I was devoutly Christian and I thought I'd like to talk about spirituality but only men are allowed to be preachers. Guess I should have just accepted my complete inadequacy way back then. Maybe next life I'll finally be born with a dick. :S I mean, a good brain. 

My youtube channel is a fairly new hobby that I'm really passionate about and am having a blast exploring and learning. I have less than 4 hours 5 days a week to run my business and do a youtube video I have young kids and limited childcare because of the pandemic. Comparing me with Leo who has been making videos and building actualized.org for years before he even got into spirituality, WITH a background in marketing is just... 

Well, why?

@mandyjw This is an example of why conceptual divisions can be distracting. Yes, biological factors like gender can influence how we process and share information. But in the ultimate sense, gender is meaningless. We are all the same intelligence.

You already know this, but the best way for you to teach is to be true to your own experience. As Leo has pointed out, people watch his videos more when he is authentic. Which means that sometimes he is not authentic. Teaching is not about gender; it's about authenticity.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

My youtube channel is a fairly new hobby that I'm really passionate about and am having a blast exploring and learning

Link pls :)

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

26 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Link pls :)

My expressions of scatterbrained fuckery can be accessed by clicking the Light on Earth link in my signature. 

@mandyjw lol OK thanks. 

Very weird I saw your videos early on before I even join this forum.. Never knew it was you. :D

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@mandyjw Oh snap! I was binge watching a ton of your videos not too long ago, I had no idea you were here.  :P I was actually going to comment and ask if you were on the forum already.  

@mandyjw

I remember when it really dawned that I indeed create reality I went on & on for a hot minute about it to the mrs. (for like months), my wife fired back by pointing at our kids and said “when a fucking human falls out of your vagina after ten months in your gut (she likes pointing out it’s really ten months), you come talk to me about creating reality”. She had her ‘quote fingers’ in the air when she said “create reality”. ? I remember thinking how stupid she was. What kids?! xD

(That can be taken a few ways, isn’t it?)

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Yep, that's absolutely hilarious but I also really want to slap you. 

@mandyjw

Oh boy. Sound just like her. Have a two grams of penis envy already and forgetaboutit. xD Jk!! Jk!!! Jk!!! Maybe I was wrong to think she was stupid. ??‍♂️ Maybe she’s experiencing something I don’t know the first thing about. Well I know the first thing in this case, but...you know.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE