Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
VeganAwake

The ego is separation

13 posts in this topic

"The solution is not to fight for peace or conquer nature, but to simply recognize the truth; that the very existence of the ego structure creates duality, a split between self and other, mine and yours, man and nature, inner and outer. The ego is violence; it requires a barrier, a boundary from the other in order to be. Without ego there is no war against anything. There is no hubris, there is no overreaching nature to create profit. These external crises in our world reflect a serious inner crises; we don’t know who we are. We are completely identified with our egoic identities, consumed by fears and are cut off from our true nature. Races, religions, countries, political affiliations, any group that we belong to, all reinforce our egoic identities.

Almost every group that exists on the planet today wants to claim its perspective as true and correct, as we do on an individual level. By claiming the truth as its own, the group perpetuates its own existence in the same way that an ego or self structure defines itself against other".

-- Samadhi (Maya illusion of the self)

Edited by VeganAwake
Add video

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

True, but ... without my ego I have no survival instinct, my parents wouldn't have worked so hard for our family, I wouldn't strive for mine. So, yes, ego is conflict, but without it, can the human race survive? 

This is somewhat romanticised for the sake of the video. It gives of the vibe of ""ego" shouldn't be," "ego bad, no ego good." There is no ego, the one who tries to find the one is the one. It is all a play of the eternal dao, as they say. Freedom is the end of fighting agaisnt the fight between good and evil. 

3 hours ago, traveler said:

This is somewhat romanticised for the sake of the video. It gives of the vibe of ""ego" shouldn't be," "ego bad, no ego good." There is no ego, the one who tries to find the one is the one. It is all a play of the eternal dao, as they say. Freedom is the end of fighting agaisnt the fight between good and evil. 

And that's what's being experienced there bud.

It felt perfectly spot on here.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, silene said:

True, but ... without my ego I have no survival instinct, my parents wouldn't have worked so hard for our family, I wouldn't strive for mine. So, yes, ego is conflict, but without it, can the human race survive? 

Nothing needs it (the I AM). It’s not actually there.

13 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

And that's what's being experienced there bud.

It felt perfectly spot on here.

Yes of course, and that is a great way of putting it. Neither of us can tell the truth, we are just different expressions of the same thing. The concepts doesn’t matter at all.

17 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Nothing needs it (the I AM). It’s not actually there.

Yes, it's not here actually, but it it is here imaginatively. And that imagination creates this whole drama which I’m trying to defend. The whole of human history and evolution sprang from it. Without it, what would life be like, a SD turquoise human species, is I suppose what I'm trying to understand. 

4 hours ago, silene said:

Yeah, the ego makes you fight, survive, but the price is bitter. Look the human society, is based in the ego, and is surviving, very successfully, but look the human unhappiness , is huge

13 minutes ago, silene said:

Yes, it's not here actually, but it it is here imaginatively. And that imagination creates this whole drama which I’m trying to defend. The whole of human history and evolution sprang from it. Without it, what would life be like, a SD turquoise human species, is I suppose what I'm trying to understand. 

Well, nothing really sprang from anything. There's just infinite everything, which can include the appearance of cause and effect; literally anything.

2 hours ago, traveler said:

Yes of course, and that is a great way of putting it. Neither of us can tell the truth, we are just different expressions of the same thing. The concepts doesn’t matter at all.

Absolutely, and truth seems to be an ever-changing infinite potential rather than something solid(truth is constant change)...so truth is THIS or What IS. Quick story: My friend told me over the phone that he was excited to experience the natural self without ego, I told him the natural self is the ego... How can what's happening be argued with as unnatural right?...

So in that sense identification as an individual and or awakening are equally natural(as in one isn't better than the other).

There is nothing unnatural, there's just THIS or the Dao.

Every path is the path ❤

8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Absolutely, and truth seems to be an ever-changing infinite potential rather than something solid(truth is constant change)...so truth is THIS or What IS. Quick story: My friend told me over the phone that he was excited to experience the natural self without ego, I told him the natural self is the ego... How can what's happening be argued with as unnatural right?...

So in that sense identification as an individual and or awakening are equally natural(as in one isn't better than the other).

There is nothing unnatural, there's just THIS or the Dao.

Every path is the path ❤

Hehe yes ? It is so simple, yet totally unknowable and indescribable because there is no distance between you and it. 

6 hours ago, traveler said:

Hehe yes ? It is so simple, yet totally unknowable and indescribable because there is no distance between you and it. 

Totally...it seems to hide by being everything ?

Well yeah, we knew that already

just kiddin tho bro. thanks for the remainder