SQAAD

Leo What's your opinion about Donald Hoffman?

16 posts in this topic

Leo , what do you think about Donald Hoffman as a scientists and some of his claims? He seems like a groundbreaking scientist to me who thinks outside the box. He also considers the possibility of Consciousness being as fundamental. This is radical comparing to most scientists.

Here are some of his quotes from this video:

In our simulations creatures that saw the Truth were never more fit than creatures of equal complexity that never saw any truth and were just chasing the fitness points (survival).

The fitness points that govern evolution DON'T contain any information about the structure of an objective world.

Whatever the structure of the objective world might be , evolution won't show it to you. Instead evolution will shape you with a virtual reality that is useful for winning the game.

Space and time themselves are not fundamental reality. They're just a data structure whos purpose is to keep us alive.

We all get interfaces. None of us gets to see the truth.

Edited by SQAAD

He might be better than Richard Dawkins or Daniel Dennett, but he's still totally wrong.

Interfaces can be jailbroken to reach Absolute Truth. Interfaces are an illusion. And evolution is an illusion.

"None of us get to see truth" << this is the greatest falsehood of all time. I see truth right now.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura He also argues that spacetime is not fundamental reality and that neurons don't even exist when they are not perceived.

I think he is going somewhere.. I don't know if such a fundamental reality actually exists though...

27 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He might be better than Richard Dawkins or Daniel Dennett, but he's still totally wrong.

Ahahaha it's kinda unrelated but the scientist i dislike the most is Lawrence Krauss. He seems to me like the most arrogant scientist  on the internet and is very fundamentalist about his positions. Maybe i am projecting that arrogance though.

Edited by SQAAD

The problem here is that Stage Green postmodernists contradict themselves when they say the absolute truth is relative truth. :P 

He's from UCI? That's was my school

He's the one i recommended in my comment on your video today, leo. I guess you already knew of him. Another synchronicity. Hello!?

Unconditional love is all there is. 

Imagine a scale from 1 to 10.

Fundamentalist religion is a 2.

Ordinary science is a 7.

Hoffman is a 9.

And what's I'm trying to teach is 100,000.

That so high a number one starts worrying about inflation 

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

I interpret the idea that we don't see reality but only interfaces as a shot against the materialist's conception of reality. It's not that there is no reality at all, but it's just a way of communicating the deceptive nature of the model. In this model, "interfaces" becomes the new reality. 

It's still another conceptual mindtrap, but in a sense it's atleast going in the right direction: critiquing absolutistic views and establishing relativity.

However, you don't get to Truth by just moving towards more relativity. It only serves as a means to free your mind from limiting perspectives. To truly arrive at Truth, you must at some point start to move out along a new axis: away from concepts and into Being.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

I interpret the idea that we don't see reality but only interfaces as a shot against the materialist's conception of reality.

No, that is straight up materialism.

The materialist fundamentally believes that there is a objective external reality outside of human perceptions but that human perceptions are not it, and that we will probably never reach "it". But it is there.

"Interfaces" is a materialist notion.

What is missed by all these people is that perception IS Absolute Truth! Perception is NOT an interface at all. Interface assumes some "other" thing which is being interfaced with. But ff course no such thing can exist if reality is ONE.

The interface IS reality. What else would it be? Ta-da!

Do following and see the truth right now.

Truth is here, right now.

If you abide to reality, you can realize truth now within 1 minute.

Keep doing as mentioned below and in a process you will feel joyful, blissful and ultimately become enlightened

Being purified by his intelligence and controlling the mind with determination

giving up the objects of sense gratification

being freed from attachment and hatred

one who lives in a secluded place

who eats little

who controls his body mind and power of speech

who is always in trance

who is detached, free from false ego, false strength, false pride, lust, anger, and

acceptance of material things, free from false proprietorship, and peaceful

—such a person is

certainly elevated to the highest position and remains in Bliss, Paramanand forever.

Once you do above in totality, in a process you suddenly start feeling joy within which keeps growing for longer and longer time.

From here everything happens automatically and you remain in Bliss.

Change your life style, implement above 100% for 15 days, you don't need anything from outside.

1 hour ago, Reciprocality said:

That so high a number one starts worrying about inflation 

Number is infinite.

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No, that is straight up materialism.

The materialist fundamentally believes that there is a objective external reality outside of human perceptions but that human perceptions are not it, and that we will probably never reach "it". But it is there.

"Interfaces" is a materialist notion.

What is missed by all these people is that perception IS Absolute Truth! Perception is NOT an interface at all. Interface assumes some "other" thing which is being interfaced with. But ff course no such thing can exist if reality is ONE.

The interface IS reality. What else would it be? Ta-da!

I am that

Next

am that

Next

That

Next

Reality

@Leo Gura I should've specified that I mean it takes a shot at the "common" materialist notions, but yes it technically just becomes a different type of materialist mindtrap in the end.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

22 hours ago, SQAAD said:

In our simulations creatures that saw the Truth were never more fit than creatures of equal complexity that never saw any truth and were just chasing the fitness points (survival).

The fitness points that govern evolution DON'T contain any information about the structure of an objective world.

Whatever the structure of the objective world might be , evolution won't show it to you. Instead evolution will shape you with a virtual reality that is useful for winning the game.

Space and time themselves are not fundamental reality. They're just a data structure whos purpose is to keep us alive.

We all get interfaces. None of us gets to see the truth.

Spot on. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE