Tim R

For f*ck's sake Leo

111 posts in this topic

I will say that Leo has come off has incongruent ever since I joined the forum.  I thought that he walked the walk.  But in some ways he acts worse than old friends of mine who I want nothing to do with anymore.  

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Tim R That was a very strategic reply. It's obvious that person is deeply asleep and needs a rude awakening.

There is no reasoning with that person.

That's kind of my approach on the dating forum, almost got banned :P

I agree 100% with you, some people are just so lost that reason alone won't do it, some strong awakening has to happen. 

Edited by Recursoinominado

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I don't understand.

@Carl-Richard It's not out of proportion to ask (although I was being sarcastic) whether we'd also get to call people dumb to "wake them up" from their deeply deluded state of mind. 

Leo claims this to be his intention, whenever you see him do this sort of thing.

I (and apparently a few other people) don't quite buy into this explanation, since 

a) it doesn't target the right people

b) it's not done the right way

Or have you witnessed a case where it actually worked? 

"How can you be so dumb?" or "People who buy into conspiracies are some of the dumbest people in our society." 

"Oh thanks, man! Now that you've been rude to me I can see that I was deluded, thanks again!"

This just doesn't fly. 

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

Ahhhh I just remembered this iconic Actualized video:

Good old days ❤️❤️❤️

This was painful to watch. One of the most arrogant things I've seen in a long time. Very disheartening. 

@Tim R It's just that some statements are less meaningful than others and some are more or less fitting in a given situation. It seems like you're trying to extract meaning out of "how can you be so dumb?" as if it was a non-duality oneliner.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

@Tim R It's just that some statements are less meaningful than others and some are more or less fitting in a given situation. It seems like you're trying to extract meaning out of "how can you be so dumb?" as if it was a non-duality oneliner.

Now I'm the one who doesn't understand?

Could you elaborate please?

21 minutes ago, Nahm said:

God can be so dumb. 

No problem.

Exactly.

Maybe Leo is just trying to live his message of 'everything is love', I don't know... It might just be his way to express himself, or also just a stage he needs to go through. 

When he said that he would pay a lot of money to get rid of dumb people, you might take this seriously and start thinking like that is horrible, but also see that Leo has done so much research into how dumbness kills and endangers and tortures, directly and indirectly. Thanks to dumb people people in power, many unpleasant things can happen that you can hardly avoid. I feel for the people who hate him for saying that but also I find it kinda understandable, because I live with people from different backgrounds who are affected by dumb people and could die any given day just because other people 'dumb'.

Also I guess it is good that we have a mix of people, some are better at being sensitive and caring, some are better at pointing out things seemingly violently (but often lovingly too). 

I think most people here have no problem to consider them self being dumb, problem comes from someone else calling you dumb ,  don't call me dumb you dumb dumb. 

Edited by Claymoree

8 hours ago, Tim R said:

unnamed.PNG

I just read quickly read over this post but when I saw this picture I had to laugh so hard xD

Just now, Nahm said:

@Claymoree

Hey! If anyone is dumb here it’s me!

Haha, I don't think that anyone here considers you dumb, leave it to professionals! :D 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

Yeah maybe it's something in his personality type.. But even then he has to put some effort into being careful what is coming out of his mouth.. You can't have thousands idk perhaps millions of followers and supposedly teach high consciousness material and then go on insulting everyone.. I don't see any spiritual teacher doing that. Or any successful youtuber. 

It's going to get worst before it gets better.

I'm saying this because I'm an INTP like Leo and I'm also trying to change that because I see that most people cannot handle it. It's very difficult as we are naturally very intellectual and easily find discrepancies within arguments. We want to fix these discrepancies to make things better and therefore we quickly notify stupidity when we find it. That's one of the flaws of the INTP.

Leo is currently making progress, that's why there seems to be a little more turbulence. It will get better, just give him the time to improve.

1 hour ago, Tim R said:

Or have you witnessed a case where it actually worked?

It works for me, it makes me question my views by trying to understand why someone is calling me dumb.

2 minutes ago, Raphael said:

It's going to get worst before it gets better.

I'm saying this because I'm an INTP like Leo and I'm also trying to change that because I see that most people cannot handle it. It's very difficult as we are naturally very intellectual and easily find discrepancies within arguments. We want to fix these discrepancies to make things better and therefore we quickly notify stupidity when we find it. That's one of the flaws of the INTP.

Leo is currently making progress, that's why there seems to be a little more turbulence. It will get better, just give him the time to improve.

The only thing that is a problem is how he justifies his behavior.  While I do agree that you don’t want to be put on a pedestal as a spiritual teacher, it is no excuse to act the way that he does.  

58 minutes ago, Tim R said:

Now I'm the one who doesn't understand?

Could you elaborate please?

You don't watch somebody sneeze and then analyze that sneeze along the lines of whether or not it's something you should use as a guiding principle in your own life etc.. In other words, it's kinda trivial.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Leo Gura You are so dumb. Atleast someone isn't triggered.

OP so bored he/she starts backing up sentimental feelings of a person who clearly didnt watch the whole video. 

OP so gulliable.

Edited by encapsulated