preventingdiabetes

How do I find my authentic desires?

11 posts in this topic

I'm currently making a dreamboard, but I can't distinguish the authenticity of my desires. 

How can I listen to my heart or my higher self to know what I authentically want? 

I feel emotionally disconnected from myself. 

After realising that all of my ambitions prior to studying the material here were all negatively motivated. 

Living my Life Purpose to avoid working a 9-5. 

Living my Life Purpose because I can't imagine doing anything else. 

Living my Life Purpose because I want to be financially stable. 

This is back when I had no idea what a Life Purpose was.

I just got lucky with having a lot of talent and trusting my inner muse hence my success in what I'm doing. But the passion later died out and turned into these negative motivations.

Now that I've realised that these were negative motivations, my ambition died. 

I used to get my joy from judging other people's positions and being "grateful" that I'm in a better position, and that it could be worse. 

Now that I've realised that this is a toxic perspective, I've been feeling empty since I'm so used to this paradigm.

No joy, no pleasure, no sadness, no grief, no boredom.

Nothing.

Is this for the better? Is this just the process of myself rewiring? 

@preventingdiabetes Just out of curiosity, how old are you? What you've described here resonates with me. I went through it several years ago. It was a rather bumpy ride, so hang in there.

You didn't elaborate on your inauthentic desires or misguided efforts so I can't make specific advice. Perhaps you want validation, money, power, or were fueled by avoidance or the promise of comfort... I'm not sure. Nor did you share your strengths or interests. Perhaps you can chime in.

That said, the following advice is pretty much universal. It is guaranteed to be authentic because it's all an expression of love (self-love that is)...

Focus on taking care of your health. Get good sleep, exercise, meditate, eat nutritious meals, give up all addictions. Also, make sure you have a good crew of friends you enjoy being around and that treat you well. The idea here is that you want to be taking excellent care of yourself. What could be more authentic than that? Start there and figure out where you want to go next. This should keep you busy for a while.

Edited by ivory

Authenticity happens between thoughts.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Desire is just a human thing. So do human things and you'll figure it out.

For me its consciousness expansion, its taken me a while to arrive at that though so in general its too unrelatable to state as a title and it would take too long to explain because I haven't found any single text that adequately describes an appropriate path there so I'm creating my own.

With all authenticity here, to make it authentic that's what you'll have to do with your journey.

It doesn't matter though. It really doesn't. If anything that'll help you be real with yourself, really find inner honesty about what you want by helping yourself to let go of any anxiety there that may actually be covering up deeper intuitions.

Otherwise just sharing random photos haha, exercises like this [ so maybe try doing random image searches and see what you're drawn to ] .

climbing.jpgwoman.jpgpiano.jpghomeless_man_help_1254558898.jpgmoney.jpgconsciousness.jpgmansion.jpgidea.jpg

Edited by Origins

4 minutes ago, Origins said:

woman.jpg

Dear forum nofappers, I'll pray for you and your misfortunes.

Not actually my first choice but I agree with your sentiment, apologies in advance for all those heterosexual males and bi/les females (+any noteworthy sex and orientation I missed) that skipped their prefrontal cortex training in their early years (without them knowing nor teachers or parents that was actually the purpose of primary and secondary years)! :SxD

1 minute ago, Origins said:

Not actually my first choice but I agree with your sentiment, apologies in advance for all those heterosexual males and bi/les females (+any noteworthy sex and orientation I missed) that skipped their prefrontal cortex training in their early years (without them knowing nor teachers or parents that was actually the purpose of primary and secondary years)! :SxD

WHY ARE YOU APOLOGIZING??? xD

Haha

It actually gives me an idea, I'll contemplate how I may be able to start working on my propaganda for it so that it becomes more widely available to people (haha which could include some swimsuit models who knows --- but more artsy stuff there).

But yeah, just a proper story that builds the neural pathways in peoples minds so that they have an easier time at grasping the greater essences.

I see spiral, ego development, related as really truncated and simplistic these days. What they attempt is really ambitious which comparatively succeeds its predecessors but is still really below its potential

But this isn't my thread let's keep things on track for @preventingdiabetes ;)

Why not use the negative motivation until you get enough clarity for more positive ones to surface? I don't see the point in judging motivations as negative or positive.

Just do whatever you feel like now and later, when you grow more spiritually, your authentic desires would surface. The negative ones will naturally drop away.