ColeMC01

Can a guy be happy with an average girl

75 posts in this topic

I have a simple question. Can a guy be happy with a girl that he considers to be average looking (so is average looking for his tastes not for society) and she has average personality according to what he values on a girl. So if i made a list of what i like in a girl she would be just okay or average. Can a guy still be happy with a girl like this or will it be miserable? Take into account that they guy is not needy and quite detached but kind in general

@ColeMC01 Are you asking because you are an average guy?

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Make sure that you get everything you want in life or else you will be 

45 minutes ago, ColeMC01 said:

miserable

lmfao

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Ananta According to society i am not. I am quite good but i am asking this so would appreciate an answer. You can be great guy and suck at getting girls 

@ColeMC01 you said this-  "decent looking (not good though)" on a recent thread, soooo your an average guy I'd say. So, mostly you will attract other average women to you.

If that's a problem then perhaps if your were rich or had a great personality you could attract better then yourself.

Edited by Ananta

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@ColeMC01 also, if you can be happy with what you consider "average" is really up to you. It's a personal decision. If you love her and want to be with her, average or not, then you will be happy. 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

1 minute ago, electroBeam said:

@ColeMC01 is there really such a thing as an average girl?

Right? I don't see ppl that way. Some guys that should be hot I guess I see the flaws others don't and they aren't always hot to me.

I love decent, kind, smart ppl and typically an attraction shines through whatever body type. However, if someone is ugly on the inside that shines through too.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

There is no such thing as average in absolutist sense. I meant average FOR ME. So if i had a list of things i want in someone that person is average in those things. The things differ from person to person. Saying because with all girls i know and got to know in recent years only like 1-2 i actually really would consider amaizing girls in accordance to what i like in someone. 2/50 that is kinda bad rate. So if you get with someone that is average regarding your criteria could you still be happy with them?

Edited by ColeMC01

@Ananta I am bit above average around 6/10 if 5 is average but this thread is not about looks but about personality. I did mention looks but that is to little importance since if you like someone personality they will become beautiful anyways physicaly, at least to me it happens

Edited by ColeMC01

@ColeMC01 what do you want to hear?? Wait for the amazing girl or you won't be happy? Or yep, go for average you'll be fine?

Seriously,  at the end of the day. It's still your call. You need to meet the girl and go from there.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

3 minutes ago, ColeMC01 said:

this thread is not about looks but about personality

Then from the OP first post-

1 hour ago, ColeMC01 said:

Can a guy be happy with a girl that he considers to be average looking (so is average looking for his tastes not for society)

Hmmm ? 

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

9 minutes ago, ColeMC01 said:

There is no such thing as average in absolutist sense.

Thanks for acknowledging that, I wasn't trying to be a non dual snob though. I'm talking purely relative.

12 minutes ago, ColeMC01 said:

I meant average FOR ME. So if i had a list of things i want in someone that person is average in those things. The things differ from person to person. Saying because with all girls i know and got to know in recent years only like 1-2 i actually really would consider amaizing girls in accordance to what i like in someone. 2/50 that is kinda bad rate. So if you get with someone that is average regarding your criteria could you still be happy with them?

I understand what you mean. Totally disregard this if it doesn't resonate but... when you're on your deathbed, is focusing your time on good rates and bad rates for your definition of amazing women going to be something you'll wish you did? And at the end of the day, is thinking about what you believe an average woman is, and what an amazing woman is, really related to what you truly want which is to feel deep love from a partner? Is this thinking really valuable? Even if you think the people you hang out with are below your standards, isn't the learning opportunity, the opportunity to explore new perspectives, the opportunity to connect with another human being, way more productive and enjoyable then thinking about what your standards are?

18 minutes ago, ColeMC01 said:

I did mention looks but that is to little importance since if you like someone personality they will become beautiful anyways physicaly, at least to me it happens

I see you put this entire edit "above" my posts. Anyways....then, that answers your questions. Make sure you love the persons personality and you are good to go!

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Ananta Has it ever happened to you to meet a girl for some time and think: she s okay nothing special personality wise and then to fall for her and be happy? That is my question

1 minute ago, ColeMC01 said:

@Ananta Has it ever happened to you to meet a girl for some time and think: she s okay nothing special personality wise and then to fall for her and be happy? That is my question

Wellll, my username used to be Anna1, so I'm a girl, lol. I changed it with my former mod status.

Anyways, a person can grow on you. You can start to love aspects of them that you originally thought were weaknesses or didn't think were as interesting. 

So, yeah, it can happen.

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Can you be happy with an average car?

Can you be happy with an average meal?

Relationships don't make you happy. Happiness is an emotional state that comes and goes. Instead of trying to find happiness somewhere outside, connect with the happiness that is inside of you. ❤️