Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nate0068

Whats it like to loose attachment to the illusion of life

9 posts in this topic

Last night i had a realization of how discovering enlightenment would change my life as far as being attached to things when i got a glimpse of what enlightenment was it made me realize that I really dont have to be attached to my life not even surviving matters an I really saw that or got a glimpse just trying to swallow it fully and really embody it.so how has it gone for people that have really lost attachment to live

Life free from attachments is not nihilistic. It is the path to enduring wisdom, peace, and happiness. And it is only realized through regular effort and personal growth. I've only had a taste so far, but it is the most delicious feast of my life. Slowly my attachments are dissolving, along with the suffering that they create.

Read the second chapter of the Bhagavad Gita if you want a real answer to your question:

You have the right to work, but never to the fruit of work. You should never engage in action for the sake of reward, nor should you long for inaction…Seek refuge in the attitude of detachment and you will amass the wealth of spiritual awareness. Those who are motivated only by desire for the fruits of action are miserable, for they are constantly anxious about the results of what they do.

Bhagavad Gita 2:47,49

When you move amidst the world of sense, free from attachment and aversion alike, there comes the peace in which all sorrows end, and you live in the wisdom of the Self. 

Bhagavad Gita 2:64

On this path effort never goes to waste, and there is no failure. Even a little effort toward spiritual awareness will protect you from the greatest fear.

Bhagavad Gita 2:40

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

23 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Life free from attachments is not nihilistic. It is the path to enduring wisdom, peace, and happiness. And it is only realized through regular effort and personal growth. I've only had a taste so far, but it is the most delicious feast of my life. Slowly my attachments are dissolving, along with the suffering that they create.

Read the second chapter of the Bhagavad Gita if you want a real answer to your question:

I love your posts man. Keep it up. 

It feels like inmortality. Unfortunately most human beings, even ones who have had awakenings, never truly lose attachment to life.

It takes a lot of selfeshness to let go of the illusion.

It feels like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.  Whenever I get too caught up in the illusion I remember who I really am and feel good again.

7 hours ago, Nate0068 said:

Last night i had a realization of how discovering enlightenment would change my life as far as being attached to things when i got a glimpse of what enlightenment was it made me realize that I really dont have to be attached to my life not even surviving matters an I really saw that or got a glimpse just trying to swallow it fully and really embody it.so how has it gone for people that have really lost attachment to live

It will really diminish or completely remove your fear of death because you grasp directly that death is an illusion.

That said You as God put yourself in this form.  Form at its core is an attachment.   No need to demonize form.  Some attachments are healthy its just that you will no longer have those deep tormenting existential fears.  Enjoy life, while simultaneously embodying your eternal nature.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@KaRzual  namaste.png

Edited by Moksha

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.