from chaos into self

How to awaken?

44 posts in this topic

I want to meditate. I have lots of free time. Normally I do mantra meditation. What should I do to experience awakening????

Screenshot_20201022-173018_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-172840_Gallery.jpg

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@from chaos into self have you done self inquiry?  This is extremely powerful in discovering what you are and what you are not.  Another technique i use is the do nothing.  When a thought comes in just realize that and let it pass.  Bring awareness back onto awareness.  Another is concentration.  Focus on a single object and keep it there as long as you can.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Seeing That Frees by Rob Burbea. There is no liberation though, because there's only liberation -- perhaps keep that in mind. But the jhanas are a hell of a fun time. Actually so much fun it's impossible to describe. Self inquiry can also encourage quite a bit of apparent effortless peace and satisfaction. You never do any of it though, because there is no you.

Edited by The0Self

26 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

I want to meditate. I have lots of free time. Normally I do mantra meditation. What should I do to experience awakening????

Look and notice who or what wants awakening?

Can you find a real individual that wants to awaken?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

33 minutes ago, from chaos into self said:

what have you tried?

Leo says no one is awake because awakening is death.  No one is awake inside the dream. Because they are still inside the dream. To wake up is to wake up. To exit the dream. Inside the dream there ain't no waking up. Just different degrees of lucidity (consciousness).  That's within the Leoism.  In advaita vedanta the most direct teaching is you can't possibly become that which is already all that there is. So one way is to realize you are already awake and this is it. Other way is to kill entire universe and duality. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Leo says no one is awake because awakening is death.  No one is awake inside the dream. Because they are still inside the dream. To wake up is to wake up. To exit the dream. Inside the dream there ain't no waking up. Just different degrees of lucidity (consciousness).  That's within the Leoism.  In advaita vedanta the most direct teaching is you can't possibly become that which is already all that there is. So one way is to realize you are already awake and this is it. Other way is to kill entire universe and duality. 

This makes sense

Look for that which is looking. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Indentify, visualize, be counciouss, observe, the ego. I think it's easyer if you have a problematic ego who makes you suffer

Edited by Breakingthewall

Leoism ??????

I hope this won't become a thing, and if it does It's gonna be one of the best laugh of my life ????

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

You are referring to permanent enlightenment and you are right there is no such thing while in form.  For that is eternal formlessness.  I have stated that early on when i first joined the forum.  But if you have an enlightenment, and come back - yes you are in the dream but you have previously broken out - like Neo in the Matrix going back into the Matrix.  What you call it is relative of course.  But you are lucid dreaming at that point - so it is awake while dreaming.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

Screenshot_20201022-173018_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20201022-172840_Gallery.jpg

Where are those exercises from? 

13 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

You are referring to permanent enlightenment and you are right there is no such thing while in form.  For that is eternal formlessness.  I have stated that early on when i first joined the forum.  But if you have an enlightenment, and come back - yes you are in the dream but you have previously broken out - like Neo in the Matrix going back into the Matrix.  What you call it is relative of course.  But you are lucid dreaming at that point - so it is awake while dreaming.

Actually there is no outside the dream or inside the dream.. 'that' is the dream.  So I'm actually in more agreement with the traditional advaita conception of Awakening.. I don't agree with the Leoism.  Awakening is no brainer.. It's now or never cuz there is nothing but now.   If you accept that there is infinite degrees of consciousness.. Then you can keep yourself asleep by constantly pushing awakening to the endless future. Or you can realize whatever degree of consciousness you are at is as awake as it gets. And it doesn't matter either way. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

20 hours ago, from chaos into self said:

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@from chaos into self

Begin noticing what you are already noticing, but pretending you are not noticing. 

Feel reactional thinking, without reacting. 

Feel subtle thoughts of judgement, without judging. 

Feel thoughts that feel good & inspire - and actually just do that. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 hours ago, Rilles said:

Look for that which is looking. 

If that is all there is then I’ve already had an awakening. I just need to practice..... it....

thanks for all the responses guys

1 hour ago, from chaos into self said:

If that is all there is then I’ve already had an awakening. I just need to practice..... it....

thanks for all the responses guys

That thought right there is what the mind shows you yes. But attaching to this thought will keep you right where you are.

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~