Lebowski

Severe ocd

35 posts in this topic

idk, i havent tried it yet.

I found belly breathing helps ocd. Also a really really good hypnotherapist can fix it.

OCD is a malignant form of high consciousness that results from repressing and denying low consciousness.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

6 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

OCD is a malignant form of high consciousness that results from repressing and denying low consciousness.

Tell me more about that. I have OCD but thats a first time i am hearing that. What do you mean by that?

33 minutes ago, evgn said:

Tell me more about that. I have OCD but thats a first time i am hearing that. What do you mean by that?

It's one way to define OCD, out of many other ways which I don't recall at the time. What it means is that OCD develops when you prematurely push high awareness into areas which you don't yet understand the underlying dynamics of. For example, obsessive gay thoughts which some men experience. Regardless of the actual sexual orientation of the man, the reason why these thoughts can cause obsession for him is because they are judgements which were supposed to be a high form of consciousness that is necessary in order to survive within a heterosexual society (during childhood perhaps). However, if this chain is missing, the high consciousness judgement will not be high consciousness anymore because it won't be based on the fact that the judgement existed in the first for survival purposes, but instead the initial judgement will be judged by a new judgement which is collected from society unconsciously. So, repressing and denying old survival patterns in favor of the new social norms in this case will cause OCD.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

20 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I have horrible ocd should I use 5 meo to cure?

I have suffered in the past from pure OCD.  The obsessions not the compulsions.  I would try meditation and self inquiry first.  Don't ask me why but your OCD may provide a spiritual gift.

What is the severity - mild, or severe?

Are you able to go meta on an OCD thought and label it as OCD yet?

Anyways they call it the Doubt Disorder.  It is the constant feeling of a lack of certainty.  Awakening is total certainty - so when you awake you will be cured for the time you are in a mystical state of consciousness.  When you come back your OCD should be better as you will have increased your baseline consciousness level.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

20 hours ago, Gesundheit said:
21 hours ago, evgn said:

It's one way to define OCD, out of many other ways which I don't recall at the time. What it means is that OCD develops when you prematurely push high awareness into areas which you don't yet understand the underlying dynamics of. For example, obsessive gay thoughts which some men experience. Regardless of the actual sexual orientation of the man, the reason why these thoughts can cause obsession for him is because they are judgements which were supposed to be a high form of consciousness that is necessary in order to survive within a heterosexual society (during childhood perhaps). However, if this chain is missing, the high consciousness judgement will not be high consciousness anymore because it won't be based on the fact that the judgement existed in the first for survival purposes, but instead the initial judgement will be judged by a new judgement which is collected from society unconsciously. So, repressing and denying old survival patterns in favor of the new social norms in this case will cause OCD.

How would that be applied to hygiene for example?

On 22.10.2020 at 3:04 AM, Lebowski said:

I have horrible ocd should I use 5 meo to cure?

I cannot speak on 5Meo but have you done the method of staying with it for 1 second longer and then extending over time the staying with the impulse for longer and longer?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

If you decide to do psychedelics, make sure to follow all the safety measures. 

@Loving Radiance With hygiene I think the root unconscious problem is perfectionism. You fill in the blanks.

My ocd comes from hatred. What to do in this case

@Lebowski Better write @User to notificate the people you feel that they might have insightful perspectives on this because many just don't automatically follow a thread they replied to.

Have you already done the method for some time?

On 23.10.2020 at 6:24 PM, Loving Radiance said:

the method of staying with it for 1 second longer and then extending over time the staying with the impulse for longer and longer?

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Lebowski  Have you tried to see the situation that makes you angry from a different perspective than yours? Or changing your perspective?

20 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Still sounds vague to me. I can't think of any OCD that has to do with hatred so I can't offer anything. Can you give us some specifics if possible?

I found mushrooms to be the most effective myself. The OCD actually will temporarily completely go away. Not a complete cure, but it could help you move in the right direction. 

If you can work on building your awareness as well will be a huge benefit. I have found consistent mediation, good nutrition, etc to be really helpful.

On 10/24/2020 at 0:41 PM, Lebowski said:

Since you know at least what emotion it is coming from that will help a lot. I would try to work on getting to the root of why you hate the things that are coming to mind. 

I would possibly suggest trying to remove stimulants too. I found these to be very counter productive for working on OCD. 

35 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Resisting thoughts that come up

Sounds counter intuitive, but you can try to just allow yourself to have the thoughts. A lot of the negative impact is really coming from your resisting it. Not saying to act on the thoughts. Just acknowledging that they are just thoughts. I use to get stuck in a lot of thought loops with OCD. I found this to be quite practical. Comes back to also working on mindfulness as much as possible. Just don't beat yourself up for having the thoughts. Allow them to just be and accept them. 

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

Resisting thoughts that come up

That's the basic definition of an OCD. Without resistance there would be no problem.

I have a question though, why are you being so vague? It won't hurt to talk about it a little bit more. If you want encouragement, I have experienced a severe OCD in the past and have overcome it for the most part. It's hygiene OCD where I kept washing my hands and feet thinking that they're not clean enough. It wasn't because I feared bacteria or anything like that. It was because I was a perfectionist religious nutcase. Luckily I was able to work my way out of religion and out of most of its accessories during the past few years. I learned to increase my awareness in the moment and integrate my shadows. I was able to reach very advanced levels of tranquillity and peace of mind afterwards and I am very grateful for that. I don't know if you feel bad about yourself for having an OCD, but it's not an uncommon issue. A lot of people have some kind of it at some point in their lives, and a lot of them overcome it. So don't worry, it only gets better.

The only solution to the OCD is don't act on it.  To the thoughts themselves you can't do anything you can't stop them. But you can stop the OCD action. And when you do the thoughts will decrease or lose their power over you. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho