Guest SirVladimir

100 Days of Shamanic Breathing

38 posts in this topic

@SirVladimir you are right, it's too slow for shamanic breathing, even at 2x, but I think could be good training for beginners 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 10/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

@SirVladimir you are right, it's too slow for shamanic breathing, even at 2x, but I think could be good training for beginners 

Apologies, missed your response from Sunday. 

Beginners who are disconnected from their bodies may benefit from such exercises. (I qualify for this category, as, in my default setting, I get stuck in the head & forget about the body.) Spirituality in general helps you reconnect detached pieces of yourself. But when someone is beginning with physical exercises, such as shamanic breathing, a lifetime of treating 'the healthier child', the intellect, catches up & can vastly limit their performance. When I started, I remember having no understanding of 'how' to push air into the belly. It was outside my intellect's borders. Learning breathwork was like learning how to ride a bike. Starting slowly with a video might not be a bad idea, after all, for beginners... To get a grasp of the breathing cycle.

When it automatizes, a whole new dimension opens up. 

If you occasionally play video games, try pausing the game, doing shamanic breathing for five minutes, and then going back in. It's unbelievable what deconstructing your beliefs prior to playing does to you. I wrote an insight about this a year ago, actually. 

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/36269-insight-the-world-as-a-thought-dragons-exist/

If you dare, go for something like Alien Isolation. Being aboard a retro space station, literally, deeply satisfies my need to become an astronaut. ^_^ The quote in your signature is incredibly relevant: My Imagination is a Monastery and I am its Monk. Exploring this infinite blob of possibilities is exciting.

Yeah good training wheels for breathing in conscious rhythm.  I definitely need it. This video at 2x speed put me in a good trance with audible hallucinations, before I conked out. To be fair I was in warm bath (shallow) with lots of Epsom salt. And a bit of pot ?

21 hours ago, SirVladimir said:

If you dare, go for something like Alien Isolation. Being aboard a retro space station, literally, deeply satisfies my need to become an astronaut. 

I could even pull it up on my playstation  vr headset for extra thrills ?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

4 hours ago, tezk said:

Did you experience any strong emotional purifications? 

@tezk Yes. Prior to indulging in shamanic breathing, years ago I believed purification = firewalking on stepping stones of hell and being mercifully redeemed at the finish line. I couldn't be more wrong. True healing happens through love and forgiveness. Shamanic breathing revealed my human-self to be a transparent, one-dimensional layer that beclouded the temple beyond (within). 

@SirVladimir  How do you manage the energy?

As of now I have to relax after 5min as the energy in the body feels too much to hold.

Initially after 30min I was in a calm meditative state and goddess love revealed herself to me in the first few days. In the present my body isn't even wanting to last that long. Exhaustion is not a thing but rather the energy. Energy feels not good and could be interpreted as corrupted.

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Loving Radiance Hard to say. The overwhelmingness was a stepping stone for me a long ago. Before then, I hadn't been able to embrace it, to surrender to it - or how it had felt like - to pierce it. But I had kept breathing despite the cramps, until a switch flipped in the body and I suddenly "leveled up".

Have you tried dancing when you're in that state? SB has truly shown me the beauty of the body's moves, of gliding through the air like a gondola. No judgement. Pure enjoyment. 

Ever noticed an overwhelming desire to eat?

is this worth committing to daily? I've done it before and it's powerful but only do it occasionally. are there periods of a plateau ?

Edited by Lyubov

Just now, Lyubov said:

is this worth committing to daily? I've done it before and it's powerful but only do it occasionally. are there periods of a plateau ?

Figured out lp, became Jesus, saw beauty beyond measurement... Definitely worth it. Ego backlashes have been imminent. Proceed with caution. You may wake up one morning after SB and be like, "Fuck, I haven't figured out this and that..." That'll be your backlash.

32 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

Hard to say. The overwhelmingness was a stepping stone for me a long ago. Before then, I hadn't been able to embrace it, to surrender to it - or how it had felt like - to pierce it. But I had kept breathing despite the cramps, until a switch flipped in the body and I suddenly "leveled up".

Have you tried dancing when you're in that state? SB has truly shown me the beauty of the body's moves, of gliding through the air like a gondola. No judgement. Pure enjoyment. 

Ever noticed an overwhelming desire to eat?

It feels not good to hold this energy. What helps is stopping the breath completely and just playng dead.

Dancing before SB and after is the same. Pure enjoyment. No judgement, flowing where it feels good to go. Childlike in playing with energy.

No spike in hunger/appetite.

23 minutes ago, SirVladimir said:

You may wake up one morning after SB and be like, "Fuck, I haven't figured out this and that..." That'll be your backlash.

How then do you differentiate between sensing your holes (being hollow; that the foundation is not set) and distracting yourself?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

19 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

How then do you differentiate between sensing your holes (being hollow; that the foundation is not set) and distracting yourself?

Authenticity. Recognition that the backlash is there for a reason. It's not the enemy. It's like a shadow monster craving for attention, for it has been mistreated and longing for love. Wisdom brings clarity and vice versa. The terms coincide.

Thank you for this post!

Do you breath in and out through the nose when you do it?

On 1/13/2021 at 10:39 AM, SirVladimir said:

With one of my online breathing groups, we end by dancing to a Bill Withers song. It feels so fluid to dance after breatwork and to coordinate conscious breath with dance.

Lately, I’ve been integrating more conscious breathing into regular life. It’s taken my yoga to another level. 

23 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

With one of my online breathing groups, we end by dancing to a Bill Withers song. It feels so fluid to dance after breatwork and to coordinate conscious breath with dance.

Totally feel you. Listening to Lovely Day after SB, ime, feels like driving into the sunrise - wind in the hair - while tuning in to a fictional Radio Earth and vibin' along. Your arms on the steering wheel, the vast gilded landscape, the car tires – everything is suddenly dancing, all at once, all as one. 

Edited by SirVladimir

Note to anyone reading this thread in the future:

We have happened to have an insightful discussion in the topic below, therefore I am linking it here as well. You may find valuable information about SB there too.

That thread inspired me to start doing shamanic breathing every day :)

30 min Shamanic Tribal Drumming Music with Breath Rhythm:

Me & My World is the imagination of The Nothing.