SpYITB

disturbing post from a year ago

43 posts in this topic

one thing i don't understand about what people say about god just forgetting endlessly - 

boredom and solipsism are just feelings(for lack of a better word) that people and maybe all sentient beings experience, for example, we don't feel boredom or existential angst from solipsistic thoughts during deep sleep, or when we were babies. why should "god" experience such a mundane emotion such as existential terror at being alone? if god or universal consciousness or whatever you call it exists, maybe it can experience things that we as fragments of god trapped in a human body, as you guys so claim we are, cannot conceive of or fathom

Edited by SpYITB

Let the guy with the smallest ego speak first.

Stay cool & dry.

What to make of it? It was this guy's experience and ofcourse there is no end to infinity.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

And why is it disturbing for you?:)

- Pseudo-dionysius 

i don't like the idea that everything the universal consciousness does is to relieve itself of an eternity of boredom. that seems wrong/makes no sense on so many levels.  

why would it be way more scary if these guys are delusional?

Well from my own experiences i can verify alot of what he is talking about and what Leo is saying and other spiritual teachers, but for me it was also a really scary experience.

So I also found out that human experience and life is perfect as it is, otherwise we wouldn't be here. 

Conciousness can take on whatever form or state or world.  

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@SpYITB and you won't get any closer to anything just thinking about this. Who or what is doing the thinking? The ego likes to claim everything and it wants 100% control. But it is not possible. Surrender and watch what happens,  the beatiful thing that is reality will reveal itself. 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

It would warn you to not take too much pschycodelics and keep traditional path. I don´t see any of those arkah theravada guys saying they desire they didn´t have all that experiences and go back to their ordinary previous life.  

I love that post, I had the exact same experiences as him, especially the "yet there are infinite degrees of awakening more left", and the "I realised that this whole spiritual path is just ONE story of infinite other meaningless stories" and the "I experienced that no matter what I do, even if I kill myself, I will be reborn infinite times more." and definitely the "BUT that infinity is so infinite, that is finite. Basically, that INFINITY will feel like blink of the eye, and you will get "bored" and will reborn "instantly", after you get bored being formless. READ THAT AGAIN."

And you know what? In the end the only one that was true was the 2nd one, and possibly the first...

and how do you know his other "awakenings"/"insights" were false?

The user DOtheWork recently created a thread, and unfortunately it got locked as soon as I posted my reply, so I have to post it here:

@DoTheWork 

This is NOT "total awakening". When one is always living in the present in the moment, boredom simply doesn't exist.

This is a classic example of ego thinking it totally "awakened".

Take a break from psychedelics and work on observing your own ego-mechanism. 

This is a very serious issue, because a lot of people with big "spiritual" egos who start doing powerful psychedelics, very frequently delude themselves during the trips. What happens? The ego sneaks through the backdoor and starts to overtake the narrative. People report "channeling", talking with "entities", , living in many different dimensions at the same time, etc - not recognizing the imagery that they see and experience during the trips is just part of divine imagination.

Because of this, a lot of people including LEO,  delude themselves very heavily and think that they have "directly" experience something, when it was just their ego operating. (example: Channeling God, keyword "channeling" )

This is coming from somebody who has done a lot of psychedelics (including 20 5-MEO DMT trips and 40+ N, N-DMT). 

It is a huge trap (one of many), that even LEO as you can see is not immune to.

whoareyou Posted September 17, 2019 (edited) 

@RedLine haha everybody got an opinion about everything, everybody knows whats right and whats wrong. 

This one is deluded but I am not and so forth, how about focusing on your own path and look for yourself?:) 

Sometime you maybe will recognize that the only authority is YOU. Doesen't matter what everyone else is saying, ive seen you trying to debunk peoples insight and about GOD and so forth, and you said you study real researchers on buddhism for example, why don't you trust your own way instead of listening to others and taking them on as beliefs? 

- Pseudo-dionysius 

2 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

@RedLine haha everybody got an opinion about everything, everybody knows whats right and whats wrong. 

This one is deluded but I am not and so forth, how about focusing on your own path and look for yourself?:) 

Sometime you maybe will recognize that the only authority is YOU. Doesen't matter what everyone else is saying, ive seen you trying to debunk peoples insight and about GOD and so forth, and you said you study real researchers on buddhism for example, why don't you trust your own way instead of listening to others and taking them on as beliefs? 

Did I try to debunk insights about God? wtf

I think you totally misunderstood my posts in this forum. Maybe because of my dry way to write. I just try to express differente perspectives that make sense to me. I am not 100% sure about anything and I am open to everything. Thats how contemplation and also science work.

I didn´t say the guy is deluded nor @DoTheWork by the way.

I don’t know. It’s their experience. Doesn’t sound like an enjoyable or pleasant one. Seems devoid of any conscious embodiment of love. Perhaps too much psychedelics and choosing to walk down a path that isn’t actually serving them in this life? I’m not experiencing that POV so I can’t say. Hope they are doing well though. 

1 minute ago, OBEler said:

Why did @DoTheWork want to close the thread? I dont get it

because he wanted to do the work.

isn't that obvious? ... duh

Edited by electroBeam

@RedLine I agree, when someone lives in the present moment, boredom doesn't exist or is at least largely deminished. Reality is to be experienced with curiosity and expressed with creativity. We ourselves being that divine expression of it. 

Wow that was interesting to read, thanks for sharing! It feels like maybe his ego/I-thought is still alive, and he is still seeking, he hasn't found it yet. However, I don't know because there are reasons to think he may be correct:

My teacher is like an avatar, he was born enlightened, has never taken drugs, and can enter a state where he is aware of everything in the universe. He spent 6 months in that state and said that it felt very lonely, so he went back to being more normal and not knowing everything in that way.

The new-agers sometimes talk about that some of us, the old souls, the starseeds, are basically bored light-beings who chose to incarnate here, even though things are kind of crazy here on earth, because sometimes this is more fun than being in that higher dimension where everything is love all the time.

Sometimes when I look at people who are not spiritually awake or enlightened but just awesome, happy people, I feel that they are still very enlightened and perfect in a way, perhaps more than some more awake people.

However I do think there are states of enlightenment that some yogis have attained that feels good and perfect for hundreds of years, maybe even forever.