seeking_brilliance

☎️The Lucid Dreaming Hotline?

463 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Do you still keep a dream journal?  Do you have someone to tell your dreams to?  

Do you recall what caused you to remember that you were dreaming? Like did something whacky happen that you said "I must be dreaming!" or did you randomly have the remembrence with nothing particular happening at all? 

How long did it last?

If you could have a lucid dream tonight, what would you do? 

Yes I still keep a dream journal. Though my use of it vacillates widely because some days I remember tons of dreams and some days I cant remember any.

It lasted just a minute or two at most probably. It was noticing that I had to pee that alerted me to my dreamstate. I observed my perspective in the dream walking along the side of a road next to a fence. From within the dream I was able to consider whether or not I should wake up to go to the bathroom. And eventually after holding on to the dream for as long I could I consciously chose to wake up and go to the bathroom. When I went back to bed I almost was able to return to the same place in the dream. It was like I could perceive the same place I had been dreaming about begin to materialize in frot of my eyes once again. But I couldn't quite go all the way with it and eventually gave up.

I'm not actually sure what I would plan to do during a lucid dream if I had one. Probably just walk around and observe things I guess.

Edited by eggopm3

Jason is anyone who accept to materialize as a beautiful woman under me while I do business in the lucid dream, obviously ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

9 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

this is the perfect time to begin using as many methods of attracting lucidity as you can handle.

Sensei, what do you suggest? I am aware of looking at the clock twice, checking numbers twice, being conscious in social situations which can turn out to be weird like dreams, being conscious when confused or in stress...

examples of how they became more creative

Much more details like the dust in the air or individual 'hairs' of the carpet. The social dynamics become more nuanced and less simplistic: A group of people is now seen to be more concisting of individual people whereas before the people were just lumped together. The story lines gets more twisted.

Do you see images when you are drifting off and /waking up?

Always. There is always a story line appearing. Doing that since being a teenager.

By the way this is a very coveted technique... 

Yeah, that happend back in August and I didn't even tried to. I just love to come back into dreamland after waking up in early the morning. Experiencing them seems to be more desired than being lucid. I have a dream journal since March btw.

vacation every now and then

lol I am doing that since childhood. My imagination is very vivid and reality replacing; I was in my own fantasyland especially in teen years and I have my vacations are every evening.

We can work on both if you'd like.

Sure! I gotta take up the habit again of feeling into my intention to lucid dream before bedtime.

8 hours ago, SoonHei said:

imma take your lucid dreaming and turn it into lucid living ?

Aaaaaahhh nooooooooo

giphy.gif

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 10/20/2020 at 10:31 PM, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse you will greatly benefit from a foundation of vivid dreaming. It's in these vivid dreams where you can do the reality checks.  The goal should be to remember at least one dream per night, if not all six. Dream journaling will fix this, along with memory recall exercises and games. 

In the meantime you can use other methods like WBTB, (wake back to bed) or WILD ( wake induced lucid Dreaming), to consciously enter the 'dream land'. or attempting a body exit into Astral. 

You can also perform reality checks thoroughout the day, and if you'd like I can help tailor one to your preference. 

Ok, I got you... I will begin a dream journal. I knew I have to do it, but for laziness (probably) I didn't do it. I will put a notebook on my nightstand so first thing in the morning I'll do is to take notes about what I remember of my dream.

I knew also about those techniques, I am doing reality checks but also not as often as I should. I will try to make reality checks every hour during the day.

I let you know what happens!!! Thanks!!!

:)

@Shin  This is the only Jason I know:

friday-the-13th-jason-voorhees.jpg

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I forgot to mention, my reality checks are to check how many finger do I have. Looking at my hands from time to time.

I ask myself if I am dreaming and I take a look to anything weird in the environment.

I try to look for signs and see if I can read what it is written on them...

Not more than that, I will check other methods too.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

10 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

other methods

Become conscious right now.

Now think back. What have done before became conscious being here in this moment? Anything unusual or have you even just materialized or teleported to this instant?

Life Purpose journey

@abrakamowse I recommend one of these pens :

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K9FP2HH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_iaBKFbK89R0FT?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

So that you can write at any time of night. If you always wait till morning the threads of recall may be too frayed. 

Those are good reality checks, another one is to pinch your nose and see if you can still breathe.  But actually performing the check is only half the practice. What do you use for reminders? That was what I was offering to tailor to your preference. You can do anything that might be repetitive during a normal day. So one idea is just to set alarms on your phone or watch. There are also apps that will do this for you. You can also perform a reality check every time you pass through a door, or every time you look up at the sky. You should pick something that holds a bit of meaning to you, for stronger effect. 

An alternative to dream journaling, or at least a great supplement, is to have someone to tell your dreams too. IMO verbalising your dreams is more powerful than writing them down. Do you have someone you could tell your dreams to on a regular basis? 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

8 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

Become conscious right now.

Now think back. What have done before became conscious being here in this moment? Anything unusual or have you even just materialized or teleported to this instant?

That's a good one ?. I'll get to your reply soon, I'm at work. 

13 hours ago, eggopm3 said:

Yes I still keep a dream journal. Though my use of it vacillates widely because some days I remember tons of dreams and some days I cant remember any.

Ok that's cool. I don't always remember dreams every night.  Have you tried taking 5-htp before bed? 

13 hours ago, eggopm3 said:

It lasted just a minute or two at most probably. It was noticing that I had to pee that alerted me to my dreamstate. I observed my perspective in the dream walking along the side of a road next to a fence. From within the dream I was able to consider whether or not I should wake up to go to the bathroom. And eventually after holding on to the dream for as long I could I consciously chose to wake up and go to the bathroom. When I went back to bed I almost was able to return to the same place in the dream. It was like I could perceive the same place I had been dreaming about begin to materialize in frot of my eyes once again. But I couldn't quite go all the way with it and eventually gave up.

Awesome. So you had a spontaneous realization based on circumstances instead of recognising a dream sign and performing a reality check. There's many ways to skin a tiger.  However, do you have experience with reality check practice, and would you like help with a customised plan? 

Also sounds like you attempted a WBTB but it teetered out. We can work on improving this skill. 

14 hours ago, eggopm3 said:

I'm not actually sure what I would plan to do during a lucid dream if I had one. Probably just walk around and observe things I guess.

That absolutely fine. I still do that. If you'd like we could come up with a cool dream goal like teleportation. 

I've had one lucid dream quite immediately after I created intention to become lucid, where when I questioned the happenings in the dream I got yanked out and shot out through what I percieved was the atmosphere, whole body shaking violently, rumbling in my ears, without any vessle, with light, flames and sparks all around me with blindning flashes, that eventually reduced and transitioned into floating in starless space, transitioning into travelling through a wormhole-like spiral tunnel with lights around me, eventually to end up just floating on my back in the void. Tried to move my arms but was paralyzed. After a while I felt ready to open my eyes, still percieving being on my back, and when I opened my eyes/woke up I found myself having slept on my side, which was very surreal. 

Amazing experience. 

Since this was the second or third night I went to bed with the intention to become lucid, it felt like it was going to be easy from there on. 

That was, I don't know, 6 months ago. Spent a few months straight trying to become lucid again but it has not happened, which is quite disappointing. 

The only difference is that with the intention to become lucid, I always remember my dreams very clearly, and after waking up and going back to sleep, dreaming starts immediately. But still, no awareness inside the dreams :|

I haven't invested into this though, just read some books but I don't journal the dreams in the night, nor have I tried other techniques mentioned in the books to increase the likeliness of succeeding. I'm a bit too invested in getting my usual 5-6 hours of sleep.

Still, I would like to think that I can learn to master this before too long. 

Edited by Eph75

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

2 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

I've had one lucid dream quite immediately after I created intention to become lucid, where when I questioned the happening of the dream I got yanked out and shot out through what I percieved was the atmosphere, without any vessle, with light, flames and sparks all around me with blindning flashes, that eventually reduced and transitioned into floating in starless space, transitioning into travelling through a wormhole-like spiral tunnel with lights around me, eventually to end up just floating on my back in the void. Tried to move my arms but was paralyzed. After a while I felt ready to open my eyes, still percieving being on my back, and when I opened my eyes/woke up I found myself having slept on my side, which was very surreal. 

That is f*ing amazing. ?

This is the kind of stuff I would do in my imagination as a teen. Just beautiful. I think a dream would be more immersive than imagination.

Life Purpose journey

13 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

Sensei, what do you suggest? I am aware of looking at the clock twice, checking numbers twice, being conscious in social situations which can turn out to be weird like dreams, being conscious when confused or in stress

Ok good you know some great reality checks, but what about your reminders? What did/do you do for reminders to even perform the reality checks? Every time you looked at clock? Or at numbers?  What else?

Much more details like the dust in the air or individual 'hairs' of the carpet. The social dynamics become more nuanced and less simplistic: A group of people is now seen to be more concisting of individual people whereas before the people were just lumped together. The story lines gets more twisted.

Months ago I had a semi lucid dream, actually I'd say I went more meta than lucid, and it started drizzling. I could see the drizzle so clearly!

Always. There is always a story line appearing. Doing that since being a teenager.

So you see the first dream of the night forming? But when you transition you lose all memory and create new ones? Or do you black out for even just a second and then come back as the dream self? This is an important detail because you must be able to remain conscious through out the entire transition. Even the shortest blackout is enough to kill you. If you aren't sure, check tonight. 

Experiencing them seems to be more desired than being lucid.

I feel that!! Yeah I kind of naturally stopped attracting lucid Dreaming for a while because I was missing the  story lines so much!! I absolutely love my non lucid dreams!!! 

lol I am doing that since childhood. My imagination is very vivid and reality replacing; I was in my own fantasyland especially in teen years and I have my vacations are every evening.

Haha cool. Though trust me it's a bit different experience when lucid and you can go anywhere you wish. Funny enough I still haven't really taken advantage of this. 

Sure! I gotta take up the habit again of feeling into my intention to lucid dream before bedtime.

I have some YouTube videos that can help with that. I made them myself, and I had to use a customised synthetic voice to narrate them, but if you can get past that I think you'd enjoy. 

Here's one you can use for programming at any time of day. I recommend headphones because some have said the voice is too quiet. Technically you don't have to hear exactly what it's saying for it to work. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

@Eph75

Dream bug

Dream bug ?

Dream bug ?

Dream bug ?

Dream bug ?

Dream bug ?

@Eph75 that's a cool experience!  If you don't want to enter the dream consciously, you need to trigger yourself to question if you are dreaming. Reality checks are useless if you don't know to use them while dreaming. The reality check practice when awake is mostly just to trigger - -" am I dreaming?" while asleep - - and then you perform a reality check. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

On 10/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, AtheisticNonduality said:

Most people don't know that lucid dreams can be AS VIVID AS REAL LIFE.

It's really crazy and that's what blew my mind completely. I felt that it was even more clear than real life.

In the dream I remember thinking "when I wake up, how am I going to tell the difference btw this and real life"... it was crazy hehehe...

@abrakamowse and you think you're not dreaming now?

The beyond is what you are

The beyond is where you are

The beyond is where you live

From the beyond you dream your dreams, and from the beyond you dream this now.

Come to where there's no sleeping and you will find only dreaming.

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I have always wanted to have text in the "4 corners" of the vision saying LUCID DREAM, while in the lucid dreaming mode, so one can go wonky as they want and a quick check is present at all times.

Kinda like that Windows SAFE MODE look lol

Screenshot_20201023-160355~3.png

Edited by SoonHei

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny