dflores321

Why are spiritual teachers against psychedelics?

107 posts in this topic

On 21/10/2020 at 0:53 AM, Natasha said:

Leo will go down in history as a pioneer Psychonaut for spirituality.

It’s funny, Leo’s videos will probably have hundreds of millions of views in a few decades or centuries. 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

What do you guys think is something a guru would miss out on if he never took a psychedelic? 

What do you guys think is something a psychonaut would miss out on from never having a spiritual practice? 

5 minutes ago, Spiral Wizard said:

It’s funny, Leo’s videos will probably have hundreds of millions of views in a few decades or centuries. 

@Spiral Wizard definitely, him being called crazy is actually a confirmation of this. 

"As long as you're enthralled by a lifeless form, you're not free."

-A Buddha

2 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

What do you guys think is something a guru would miss out on if he never took a psychedelic?  

A true ego death.  A deeper awakening.

3 minutes ago, dflores321 said:

What do you guys think is something a psychonaut would miss out on from never having a spiritual practice? 

An opportunity to have an awakening all on his or her own.

2 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

Hahaha....

You wish.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

2 hours ago, dflores321 said:

Psychedelics are a tool.  It is a tool in the toolbox.  If you kill a bear with a bow did you need the gun you brought?

The Path to Truth is walked Alone.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

If you kill a bear with a bow did you need the gun you brought?

But what about that T-Rex? Will your bow bag that?

Sometimes you need a stick of dynamite. ;)

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Hahaha....

You wish.

If you think what you’re doing will never be popular, you’re dead wrong. Your message isn’t grounded in hopelessness, so it’ll always have a chance. It means something to people. It’s consciousness and life purpose for God’s sake.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But what about that T-Rex? Will your bow bag that?

whats beyond love?

38 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

whats beyond love?

More love.

Is there an echo in here?

8 hours ago, dflores321 said:

I heard Adyashanti took shrooms and said his experience didn't change that much.

8 hours ago, dflores321 said:

likely nothing or perhaps a distortion of content and the senses, visuals like patterns, level of consciousness would likely stay the same for most of the really advanced gurus. the psychadelic isn't doing anything but giving a pass to enter new realms of consciousness and raising it as well. many gurus can already do this during yoga. aside from what it may do to the body I don't think most would be affected. Ram Dass' guru said the same about not having an effect as did Adyashanti. 

Edited by Lyubov

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The "you" here does not sound like a metaphor ;)

Anyway, how about complete self-destruction? No stick of dynamite, no nuclear missiles. A self-destruct button that sends you into annihilation with no coming back.

https://www.livereal.com/spiritual/practical-spiritual-experiments/spiritual-autolysis/

"The technique is called Spiritual Autolysis. Autolysis means self-digestion, and spiritual means...hell, I don't really know. Let's say it means that level of self which encompasses the mental, physical and emotional aspects. Put the two words together and you have a process through which you feed yourself, one piece at a time, into the purifying digestive fires."

Edited by Gesundheit

Late to the party. Psychedelics are like dynamite. They can unearth and clear a lot of debris. Leaving you room for all sorts of new growth. But used without respect and taken willy nilly you can blow out a foundational structure leaving you lost in the dark. Depending on your life situation that can set you back more than it will propel you forward. I can think of a handful of people that would benefit greatly from psychs, but on the other hand I can count just as many people that I would never suggest them to. They are stage blue/orange people that are cemented in their current world view, and will shatter if they come within arms reach of psychedelics. 

I think alot of gurus are aware of this and just dont talk about them or slightly discourage them because improper use of them by their followers can mean disaster for their career as a guru. They just play it safe I think despite knowing their powerful potential of positive impact. Gurus aren't insusceptible to survival needs lol. Lucky we have Leo being transparent and open as possible about psychs. That's better than the stance taken by most gurus I've come across. It always seems to be one of the two. 1. They are truly ignorant and dogmatic about their use. 2. They are trying to survive their identity/career and dont talk about them, thus being inauthentic. 

Edited by RickyBalboa

9 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

We'll call it Leonism.

We'll build statues and buildings in which we will commemorate his life and powerful speeches.

We'll wish we could ever be as pure and selfless as he was.

Oh wait ... 😂

There is a candle in your heart, ready to be kindled
There is a void in your soul, ready to be filled

You feel it, don't you ? - Rumi

On this forum it's pretty safe to talk about it being love all the time. Love is not our ideas of connection, connection requires separation to be prior to it.

Connection for kumbaya type yoga peeps, means the feeling of love and togetherness. 

Connection for truth seekers, means understanding with the mind.

If what is prior to it is not-separation (Love) our ideas of connection (what we thought was love or truth) are impossible. We have to let go of our idea of love or truth. It's mostly about letting go of ideas for actual experience. The world love and God are often loaded with ideas. I think some people see glimpses when they try to let go of the thing itself, and realize all there was there were ideas. They experience the actuality which doesn't really have any words that are better to describe it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “Run from what's comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious. I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now on I'll be mad.~ Rumi

@Shin LOL, 

Its gonna be great! 

Leo the action figure!

Leo the movie!

Leo the boardgame! 

Leo the Halloween costume!

:D

"As long as you're enthralled by a lifeless form, you're not free."

-A Buddha