Guest EmptyVase

Mastery Examples Mega-Thread

328 posts in this topic

@EmptyVase WaS going to post that one, ya need to be a skater to really appreciate how good he is. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@StarStruck

In my opinion, even if many things are now outdated, the colors still looks much more natural than any games that I saw.

Teamwork mastery

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

You've already put him here, but this video is just amazing. He explain shortly how something so simple (harmonization) is so big and rich. He makes music a hundred times more interesting, plus he transmits knowledge very well. A genuine educator.

Edited by Human Mint

Such a beautiful, beautiful masterpiece.

6 hours ago, EmptyVase said:

Such a beautiful, beautiful masterpiece.

Why?

It's Love.

3 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

Why?

For me, this song is a trip. It really takes me on a journey in which I'm just melting with the song. Bursts my heart open every time I hear it.

It's also superb from a technical POV. Not an easy task to put a song like that together. But for me, it's more because of the feeling this song emits, not so much the technicality of it.

1 hour ago, EmptyVase said:

For me, this song is a trip. It really takes me on a journey in which I'm just melting with the song. Bursts my heart open every time I hear it.

It's also superb from a technical POV. Not an easy task to put a song like that together. But for me, it's more because of the feeling this song emits, not so much the technicality of it.

Amazing.

Personally, I didn't feel that myself, but if that is what you encountered, then it is very much "real..."

This leads me to the insight that mastery is inextricably interconnected with personal subjective perception (or something akin to that, as opposed to conceiving of mastery as something independently "out there" unaffected by "perception")

It's Love.

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

This leads me to the insight that mastery is inextricably interconnected with personal subjective perception (or something akin to that, as opposed to conceiving of mastery as something independently "out there" unaffected by "perception")

Oh yes, totally. That might also be the reason why some people see mastery in things, where others fail to do so. I think we especially see that with those masterminds, who were completely ahead of their time and often even ridiculed by society.

I also think that there is a "higher" mastery, which would be the perfect genius of existence. By aligning with the truth of what we are, we open the doors to be co-creators, thus align with the mastery of existence, thus becoming masters in our zone of genius.

Edited by EmptyVase

1 hour ago, EmptyVase said:

I also think that there is a "higher" mastery, which would be the perfect genius of existence. By aligning with the truth of what we are, we open the doors to be co-creators, thus align with the mastery of existence, thus becoming masters in our zone of genius.

Mhm, it fucks with me sometimes when I understand that nothing is not-mastery - or more directly, everything is mastery - by virtue of sheer existence alone. And yet, sometimes we are able to distinguish what seems to relatively be not-mastery (a noobie at a craft making obvious errors, lacking experience, holding back, etc.)

So what really is the core of "mastery," as a self-consistent thing?

It might be useful to distinguish an uppercase M - Mastery (the "highest" existential mastery, as you note) apart from a lowercase m - mastery (the mundane human kind) but even then we have to notice at what point the uppercase blends into the lowercase and vice versa.

And now slap on the additional twist of subjective perception regarding the relative... is it wholly up to me to declare things "mastery" or not according to personal whim? Or is "mastery" something beyond personal preference and bias? But if it is "greater" than myself, then why am I unable to untangle myself from the object of inquiry? 

Sometimes it feels futile to talk about mastery dualistically as you notice how your own categories begin to break down.

But at the end of the day we know when we feel mastery nonetheless... so we know that it is, at the very least, as a private experience. It's all so interconnected and yet so lonely :x

It's Love.

@RendHeaven

Yeah, language fails to capture any of these topics. Good thing that all these philosophies fly out the window once we get 'in touch' with mastery. :)

On 31/05/2021 at 6:57 PM, Danioover9000 said:

R.I.P Kentaro Miura:

nzhitwy8w8f31.jpg

bid3dxh.jpg

Such a unique style!