Guest EmptyVase

Mastery Examples Mega-Thread

328 posts in this topic

There has never been a tighter band in history:

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Maybe a different type of solo. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Allow me to introduce a master painter, Bob Ross. Enjoy the video:

DJ Shadows's "Endtroducing" is a product of sampling and DJing only. Everything you hear on this album are samples knitted together. If you consider how full-fledged this album sounds, that is pretty damn mindblowing. Here's a breakdown of all the samples on the album, and it's associated songs.

From the comment section:

"Always thought of Shadow as a groove archeologist digging up ancient musical relics everyone else had long forgotten about. His masterful ability to take bits and pieces from a multitude of discordant sources, and piece them all back together again with seamless finesse is something truly admirable, and yes I would say a true art form! Purists' have often shouted "theft!," and maybe that could be said in some cases, but I like to think of sampling more as a kind of sound "collage" - and Shadow's ear for this kind of decontextualization is virtually unrivaled, he's most definitely in a league all his own. In the "Scratch" documentary, Shadow had made a very compelling philosophical musing about the basement of records stacked from floor to ceiling that resembled a kind of graveyard, where music/bands went to die. As he sat there surrounded by stacks of wax he said something like "whether you want to admit it or not, this is where your music is going to end up" basically forgotten. Which makes me wonder, what if DJ culture and sampling had never come along? All of that music, all of that vinyl, all of those breaks..just sitting there molding away in storage keeps and basements totally neglected, ignored, left to "die." What a waste! Say what you will about the art of sampling ("art" when it is done well), but if it weren't for people like Shadow a lot of good music from the past would of been totally forgotten and maybe even lost forever."

And some more info on the genius behind DJ Shadow:

Freddie Mercury and crowd participation:

Bird man movie, drum only sound track. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 3/12/2021 at 11:26 PM, Danioover9000 said:

Allow me to introduce a master painter, Bob Ross. Enjoy the video:

John Petrucci 

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

Inside the mind of a chess Grand Master...crazy 

Yes, I'm a Zappa fanboy, but this one is special. This is the concert that inspired the lyrics of "Smoke On The Water" by Deep Purple:

Frank Zappa and the Mothers
Were at the best place around

But some stupid with a flare gun
Burned the place to the ground

Smoke on the water
A fire in the sky
Smoke on the water

It has surprisingly good audio quality. You can hear "Fire!" at 1:21:05 and Zappa telling everybody to calmly exit the building.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I think that Crytek really tapped into God when they developed the first Crysis. Even if many things are technically outdated compared to current standards, it still has this indescribable thing in it.

3104766-6329049943-1ag9p.jpg

RfxI2_C4xe75McVOEqhBktz5H0Xz_cRqzTbvG597