Intraplanetary

kriya, bhakti, karma or kundalini yoga. Which one to choose for enlightenment work?

7 posts in this topic

Hey

Tell what you think of these practices and what you tried yourself? 

I feel I'm all over the place, lost in reading and trying something but then discovering something else and going in circles, never establishing a focus.

I want to pick one school and dedicate at least 6 months to a year 1. 

I'll do a personality test also. I think it may help to choose more wisely?

softly into the Abyss...

This is informative. As far as I can tell I could fit bhakti yoga practice very well. 

4 types of yoga for 4 aspects

These are the only four realities in your life: body, mind, emotion, and energy. Whatever you wish to do with yourself, it must be on these four levels. Whatever you wish to do, you can only do it with your body, your mind, your emotions or your energy. If you use your emotions and try to reach the ultimate, we call this bhakti yoga. That means the path of devotion. If you use your intelligence and try to reach the ultimate, we call this gnana yoga. That means the path of intelligence. If you use your body, or physical action to reach the ultimate, we call this karma yoga. That means the path of action. If you transform your energies and try to reach the ultimate, we call this kriya yoga. That means internal action.

source: https://isha.sadhguru.org/yoga/new-to-yoga/types-of-yoga/

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

Why not combining them all? How you reach the top of the mountain doesn't matter. Every technique is about love.

On 21/10/2020 at 0:07 PM, AcaciaConfusa said:

Why not combining them all? How you reach the top of the mountain doesn't matter. Every technique is about love.

Agree. I think it's best to explore a variety of techniques and then pick what works for you. 

I'm reading about Nondual Saiva Tantra tradition and it sounds amazing. It doesn't dispassion body and worldly life but teachers to embrace it as devive phenomenon. It even encourages to live in prosperity while at the same time reaching the enlightenment. It's very different from most of the eastern teachings. Also, Tantra, in general, has been badly misunderstood in the west as something to do with sexuality when in fact it's not.

Ah well... all good stuff get perverted and distorted by the westerners. 

softly into the Abyss...

Kundalini has been the most powerful for me. The exercises are easy to find on the web too

There is a great story I heard from Sadghuru that went like this basically:

4 Yogis walking in the woods, each on their own, wondering and looking for God in their own way.

The Karmic Yogi, who sought God through action

The Bakti Yogi sought God through devotion

the Jnana Yogi sought God through the intellect

and the kyra Yogi sought God through working with inner energetic states

soon it begins to rain and they run and hide under a statue of brahman

at that moment God appears

the four Yogi's look at God amazed, and somewhat annoyed

"God, after all this time why do you appear now?!"

and God replies

"Finally I got you four assholes together!"

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"