abrakamowse

What does this mean for you? Luke 17:33

45 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

I dunno ?‍♂️

I did an intuitive interpretation and the word that came up was 'inevitable'.  Also, it's kind of like a strange loop. Inevitable perpetuation of something. Or nothing at all. ?

Ok... got you.

:)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

I understand this statement like if you try to keep your ego you will lose your real self, you will not know you are the universe or that you are "that"... And I think he is talking about what happens after you die.

So, you will lose all memories, everything about being an ego, you will not integrate that part and you will be one but what remains from the ego self will disappear, because it never existed in the first time.

But what is that you will preserve? Because the real self is always you, you can't lose it. So, even if you "lose" your false sense of self you will remain.

Does that has another meaning, does Jesus try to say that somehow the ego self can still be let's say "integrated" in the higher self?

I always wondered about that, what do you think? I would like to see/read other opinions.

I think it means to surrender to this moment and to the power that Is , instead of clinging. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

By trying to save ourselves from threats we create them. Thinking that our life can be preserved is death. Like Voldemort we split our soul into pieces and hide them for the sake of our own preservation. Surrender to what is completely whole, beyond life and death is already the stuff that we actually are, and so we have found our life. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

35 minutes ago, Dodo said:

I think it means to surrender to this moment and to the power that Is , instead of clinging. 

Got you... yeah... it's the clinging that creates the idea of the self.

28 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

By trying to save ourselves from threats we create them. Thinking that our life can be preserved is death. Like Voldemort we split our soul into pieces and hide them for the sake of our own preservation. Surrender to what is completely whole, beyond life and death is already the stuff that we actually are, and so we have found our life. 

I understand that, thanks Mandy. I think the posts of all of you is helping me to understand what I am trying to understand. Or what I am questioning to myself.

Let me see if I can explain better, I think that what I wonder is for the sake of curiosity. Probably there's not an answer to it.

I understand that the ego doesn't exists and Jesus is saying that if you try to save your ego you will lose your life.

That means that if you try to save your false self, (because you will be thinking that you are the body, the mind, whatever...) then when you die and unite with God (your true nature) if you didn't incorporate those ideas, the self that doesn't exist will die and of course the true self will always be there. But the you, the small you is going to be lost. The ego won't be able to accept all that comes with being God or consciousness and probably it will be shocked and as a psychological protection probably it will be lost... disappear, it will be gone.... no more ego... bye...

You will really die. To consciousness I think...

Maybe Jesus (because he was talking to people that had no idea about true self, and false self. They thought about it in terms of God and Devil)  was trying to point to them the obvious by saying that. Of course, if you cling to the idea of the false self, you will lose your true life that is what you really are.

But... this is my question...

The true self is always there. How is it possible to lose your life, if you are already are the life?.

Even if you lose your idea of self/ego... you will be always there! You can't lose yourself.

Because you already are the life, the way and the truth.

Jesus must be referring only to the lower self... but... if you recognize and don't cling to that lower self, does that means that the lower self / ego will be incorporated into GOD??? ... you will keep some memories of what you think you were? And here comes another question... if God knows everything... isn't it what it happens anyway? God will know all the lives of all the sentient beings and have them as experiences incorporated in consciousness?

So, you will never really die, because you never really existed to begin with...

:-P

I don't know if I am explaining my question better in that way....

... it's a bit complicated. And easy at the same time hehehe...

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

Losing life is inevitable.  Yet we cling on anyway. Jesus is speaking about everyone here. We all cling to life, and we all lose it.  This of course can be interpreted as either speaking of the physical body or the personality /ego. Like waking up from a long and beautiful dream. The dreams life and story fades with the memory of it, like it never even happened.  Like when monks wipe away their mandalas in the sand. 

He is speaking holistically to a bunch of nobodies, about their matrixed conglomerates of self identifying memory, ie 'lives'.

Those that clings to a shadowed existence shall (inevitably) lose it, and those which lose it, find that which remains (or is preserved). 

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

2 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Losing life is inevitable.  Yet we cling on anyway. Jesus is speaking about everyone here. We all cling to life, and we all lose it.  This of course can be interpreted as either speaking of the physical body or the personality /ego. Like waking up from a long and beautiful dream. The dreams life and story fades with the memory of it, like it never even happened.  Like when monks wipe away their mandalas in the sand. 

He is speaking holistically to a bunch of nobodies, about their matrixed conglomerates of self identifying memory, ie 'lives'.

Those that clings to a shadowed existence shall (inevitably) lose it, and those which lose it, find that which remains (or is preserved). 

Got you! Thanks!

Great interpretation!

@abrakamowse wouldn't it be fun to be God, and one day you say to yourself, 'gosh remember that time I was abrakamowse? Id like to have that dream again'.  And voila. 

33 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse wouldn't it be fun to be God, and one day you say to yourself, 'gosh remember that time I was abrakamowse? Id like to have that dream again'.  And voila. 

That's what I wanted to know Lol...

I could also say, remember that time when I was seeking_brilliance and I thought I was abrakamowse?

xD

@abrakamowse @abrakamowse@a

Ah yes, sounds like a cool dream. Well, anythings possible, right? ? Definitely something I can't answer atm but if I really wanted to I could dream about it tonight (I could incubate that exact dream scenario) that's the same thing, I suppose... 

Luke 17:33 factors in with Matthew 6:19-21

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

You don't know your destiny, but it's inevitable. So live in the moment and don't try to control life.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

4 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

@abrakamowse @abrakamowse@a

Ah yes, sounds like a cool dream. Well, anythings possible, right? ? Definitely something I can't answer atm but if I really wanted to I could dream about it tonight (I could incubate that exact dream scenario) that's the same thing, I suppose... 

Ok, you do lucid dream?

4 hours ago, cetus said:

Luke 17:33 factors in with Matthew 6:19-21

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Thanks @cetus  that makes a lot of sense, very true.

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

You don't know your destiny, but it's inevitable. So live in the moment and don't try to control life.

Wise advice! Thanks a lot!!!

^_^

20 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.

It says.... There’s no you!!!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Ok, you do lucid dream?

Yep, but unfortunately not consistently enough to remember to try things like that.  I still just walk about in wonder.  Although dream incubation doesn't require being lucid - - it's something you can do right now.  It's just that the chances of this outcome manifesting in a dream is less likely than if you attempt it while lucid. 

Edited by seeking_brilliance

The Biblical sources have a way about them of multiple interpretations, sometimes because (like this quote) they're cryptic to begin with; othertimes because they are in the form of stories & parables. I like the meanings already given, I'd just add the Buddhist idea of  impermanence.  Trying to cling to your life and make it permanent in an impermanent reality causes you to suffer and lose the happiness you have. Instead, to make a good life we need to dive in and surf the flow and waves! 

I'd also compare this quote with the parable about the mustard seed (I forget the Bible reference) but essentially the seed needs to die to its form as a seed, in order to carry on living as a mustard plant. Form is emptiness and emptiness is form :) 

I interpret as the former by holding on to their possessions and worldly success will lose their happy life while the latter who let go will lead a happy life.

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

It says.... There’s no you!!!

But what happens if you preserve it? There's still a "you" in that?

How do you preserve that "you"? Or you don't? If not, he would say... "there's no way you will preserve anything... "

That's my question

:P

3 hours ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Yep, but unfortunately not consistently enough to remember to try things like that.  I still just walk about in wonder.  Although dream incubation doesn't require being lucid - - it's something you can do right now.  It's just that the chances of this outcome manifesting in a dream is less likely than if you attempt it while lucid. 

Got you... I am also trying to have lucid dream, I had one by accident and I was always curious about how to have one. I am on a reddit forum where they talk about techniques, etc...

3 hours ago, silene said:

The Biblical sources have a way about them of multiple interpretations, sometimes because (like this quote) they're cryptic to begin with; othertimes because they are in the form of stories & parables. I like the meanings already given, I'd just add the Buddhist idea of  impermanence.  Trying to cling to your life and make it permanent in an impermanent reality causes you to suffer and lose the happiness you have. Instead, to make a good life we need to dive in and surf the flow and waves! 

I'd also compare this quote with the parable about the mustard seed (I forget the Bible reference) but essentially the seed needs to die to its form as a seed, in order to carry on living as a mustard plant. Form is emptiness and emptiness is form :) 

That's true... The parable of the mustard see is so powerful really.

2 hours ago, hyruga said:

I interpret as the former by holding on to their possessions and worldly success will lose their happy life while the latter who let go will lead a happy life.

That's a good interpretation, thanks!

^_^

On 10/19/2020 at 0:13 PM, abrakamowse said:

Whoever

Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.

Imagine that was Horton’s quote...

”If I (Horton) as an apparent “Who” believe, claim, hold, ‘keep’ this life as mine (aka my consciousness), then all experience is through the lens of the separate self, and there is birth, death, survival, fear, doubt, etc, and “ I “ (Horton) have lost truly ‘living’,  have lost the entire point of experience and seemingly in feeling ‘lost’ myself / ‘our’ infinite being (Horton?). 

But when I see and ‘lose’ these delusions, I am eternal ‘life’, aka, what ‘life’ literally actually is. 

TLDR: Swap ‘life’ w ‘love’. Give you (love) away...and there is only more present. “Be as children”...”gather in My name”, etc. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

52 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Imagine that was Horton’s quote...

”If I (Horton) as an apparent “Who” believe, claim, hold, ‘keep’ this life as mine (aka my consciousness), then all experience is through the lens of the separate self, and there is birth, death, survival, fear, doubt, etc, and “ I “ (Horton) have lost truly ‘living’,  have lost the entire point of experience and seemingly in feeling ‘lost’ myself / ‘our’ infinite being (Horton?). 

But when I see and ‘lose’ these delusions, I am eternal ‘life’, aka, what ‘life’ literally actually is. 

TLDR: Swap ‘life’ w ‘love’. Give you (love) away...and there is only more present. “Be as children”...”gather in My name”, etc. 

Thanks Nahm!!! That was the response I was looking for.

I understand it now! Many thanks!

^_^