preventingdiabetes

Spiritual work as a wage slave

13 posts in this topic

If someone works a job only for the sake of survival (no passion, wage slavery), could they have a very high consciousness? 

Would their enlightenment be shallow? 

Is having a career just for survival/being a wage slave a weak integration of Stage Orange? If so, could they even integrate a tier 2 stage such as Yellow?

It’s possible.  But from my experience it is very hard.  Too many distractions.  Once the pandemic hit and I couldn’t work, my consciousness work went to whole new levels.

Living a shallow life doesn’t mean you’re a shallow person. Enlightenment can be found regardless of the circumstances of your life

Edited by from chaos into self

They are not related significantly. You can realise aspects of reality and work a normal job for survival purposes. But self-understanding often brings with it an awareness that if you would be working in a passionless job, you don't resonate with it that much anymore, because you automatically vibrate towards more fulfilling things/job/activities. It fuctions as a catalyst in moving towards your life purpose. 

@Thestarguitarist14

• How are you surviving without work?
10 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

They are not related significantly. You can realise aspects of reality and work a normal job for survival purposes. But self-understanding often brings with it an awareness that if you would be working in a passionless job, you don't resonate with it that much anymore, because you automatically vibrate towards more fulfilling things/job/activities. It fuctions as a catalyst in moving towards your life purpose. 

@JonasVE12What? Sounds insightful but could you fix the third sentence so it can be understood, but from what I do understand:

• How does one automatically vibrate or resonate with more fulfilling pursuits/activities? What determines higher fulfillment? What do you mean by "more fulfilling"?
  • How do consciousness, higher consciousness, and awareness related to your life purpose?

Wage slave job can teach you a lot through suffering. Which in some ways very spiritual. But it is only if you pay attention and apply consciousness to it

16 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

Is having a career just for survival/being a wage slave a weak integration of Stage Orange?

That's a good question.

I have a lot of female friends who do not get their "identity" from their career.  Even 1%.

I am honestly curious about how a stay-at-home mother should integrate Stage Orange. haha

A relationship focused person who has 0% interest in career growth or development .... could sometimes be Stage Green, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@Thestarguitarist14

@JonasVE12What? Sounds insightful but could you fix the third sentence so it can be understood, but from what I do understand:

• How does one automatically vibrate or resonate with more fulfilling pursuits/activities? What determines higher fulfillment? What do you mean by "more fulfilling"?
  • How do consciousness, higher consciousness, and awareness related to your life purpose?

Awakening will not transcend the personality. It will transcend the identification to it. So after awakening, you will still be you so to speak. The only difference is that the lense through which you view the world and yourself is a lot more truthful and clear. You have a lot more awareness of the mechanicss that drive unconscious living. Also more awareness over your own desires. The meaning of life becomes clearer. Life becomes your playground where the sky is the limit. Unlimited creativity can be found. Exploration can begin from new angles. You still realise you need to make money to fulfill biological needs. So you'll still work a passionless job if you haven't found a more fulfilling way to make money. But you'll want to start aligning this aspect of your life as well to your new found self understanding. 

8 hours ago, JonasVE12 said:

You still realise you need to make money to fulfill biological needs. So you'll still work a passionless job if you haven't found a more fulfilling way to make money. But you'll want to start aligning this aspect of your life as well to your new found self understanding. 

So it’s not like when you’re enlightened, you’ll renounce all your “egoic” desires such as a Life Purpose, right? 

So an enlightened person would still devise a plan to get out of wage slavery?

On 19/10/2020 at 5:45 AM, preventingdiabetes said:

Would their enlightenment be shallow? 

You're selfish for trying to enlighten!

You just sit there and focus on yourself, how shallow can you be! ;) 

13 hours ago, preventingdiabetes said:

So it’s not like when you’re enlightened, you’ll renounce all your “egoic” desires such as a Life Purpose, right? 

So an enlightened person would still devise a plan to get out of wage slavery?

You will surely lose touch with the most unauthentic sides of yourself.

See it as a form of purification :)

And yes, an enlightened person is still a person. Don't overidealize enlightenment.

13 hours ago, electroBeam said:

You're selfish for trying to enlighten!

You just sit there and focus on yourself, how shallow can you be! ;) 

What do you mean?

6 hours ago, Vittorio said:

You will surely lose touch with the most unauthentic sides of yourself.

See it as a form of purification :)

And yes, an enlightened person is still a person. Don't overidealize enlightenment.

Since enlightenment could potentially take me decades, should I still cultivate my Life Purpose right now so it saves work for when I do become enlightened? (If I ever do)