Jg17

Questions re Infinite Consciousness episode

22 posts in this topic

1) At 1:33:05 Leo talks about pushing a button and becoming Trump and therefore losing your current self and its idiosyncrasies, but if Infinite Consciousness is true then it must be possible to become Trump and retain myself, no? Also, he said I am not going to push the button, but surely Absolute Infinity necessitates that I will!? These questions are a bit frivolous but they do actually probe for details about the nature of Reality. 

2) I’ve independently grasped subsections of Infinity. For example, my most memorable insight was into the sheer (yet relatively limited) quantity of positions my body could take: moving one hand one millimetre is a new position; just consider how many slightly different positions just one finger can take. But why is the particular position that my body does take - and all the other countless particular “choices” which are selected to manifest, like the colour of my eyes, my name, my date of birth, to name a few examples - the variation that is selected rather than another variation that apparently exists in potential?

Edited by Jg17

@Jg17 all is possible. The answer to all your questions you have asked and also those you haven't asked is YES, for the simple reason that all is possible and there are no limits. 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei  The answer to 'Why is my body in the postition that it is in and not another position?' is... "yes"? 

And don't you dare reply "yes"!! :P

56 minutes ago, Jg17 said:

But why is the particular position that my body does take - and all the other countless particular “choices” which are selected to manifest, like the colour of my eyes, my name, my date of birth, to name a few examples - the variation that is selected rather than another variation that apparently exists in potential?

For anything to exist, it must exist in a particular way.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard  But why this particular way and not a different particular way?

Edited by Jg17

39 minutes ago, Jg17 said:

@Carl-Richard  But why this particular way and not a different particular way?

There exists an infinite amount of particular perspectives, so of course it has to exist. If it excludes a particular perspective, it's not infinite.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@SoonHei  In your first reply you said that "all is possible and there are no limits", so why can't I know why!?  

@Carl-Richard So there's infinite perspectives. In one particular perspective, trees are green; in another, trees are red. Why am I seeing the one where they're green and not the one where they're red?

1 minute ago, Jg17 said:

@Carl-Richard So there's infinite perspectives. In one particular perspective, trees are green; in another, trees are red. Why am I seeing the one where they're green and not the one where they're red?

You're looking for a limited mechanism that explains reality. There is no mechanism behind reality. Infinity is the mechanism. A limited mechanism cannot create an infinite structure. Absolute Infinity is self-created. It necessarily has to be that way, or else it couldn't be infinite.

@Carl-Richard

18 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Absolute Infinity is self-created. It necessarily has to be that way, or else it couldn't be infinite.

Is it truly self-created if it is constrained by necessity? Infinity includes necessity. If it is absolutely self-determined then it determines necessity. Why couldn't it create it differently? 

Edited by Jg17

5 minutes ago, Jg17 said:

@Carl-Richard

Is it truly self-created if it is constrained by necessity?

Infinity itself is not constrained. It's infinite. Only a perspective can be constrained. Infinity itself is aperspectival, because it contains and transcends all perspectives.

7 minutes ago, Jg17 said:

@Carl-Richard

Why couldn't it create it differently? 

You're asking as if it isn't already creating it differently. It IS doing that right now, infinitely in all possible ways.

38 minutes ago, Jg17 said:

@SoonHei  In your first reply you said that "all is possible and there are no limits", so why can't I know why!?  

You can know the why... I mean, why not. But it's endless.

You can go around in circles, but you don't get anywhere. You ultimately not getting anywhere doesn't stop you from continuing to go in circles. By all means, go on :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei If all is possible it should be possible to get somewhere and not to go in circles. Infinity must include getting somewhere. Unless we're saying reality isn't Infinite.

@Carl-Richard  I percieve a fundamental contradiction in all this: we begin with the recognition of Absolute Infinity, then we speak about how Infinity is limited. Limited to the possible. Limited by necessity. Limited to being Infinite and self-created. Limited to having no mechanism behind reality. "Only a perspective can be constrained" - this is a statement about the onesame reality that we're calling Absolutely Infinite, but you're saying it's limited. 

@SoonHei You're saying it's possible to believe and pretend but not to actually do it. So there are limits to Infinity?