Preety_India

Does the self or I exist?

34 posts in this topic

I've been contemplating this for a while. And I'm a bit confused. 

The answers to this question are very murky. No end in sight. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

32 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I've been contemplating this for a while. And I'm a bit confused. 

The answers to this question are very murky. No end in sight. 

• It's beyond rational/logical understanding. Don't try to get an intellectual answer for the mind, because any answer is not it - the mind can hold the map, not the actual locationless I. The "locationless I" holds the mind also, that's how you know there is mind. 
  • Notice the knowing that knows experience now. 
  • Give up all you know and identify with to the knowing that knows it- the knowing that is not here or there, location itself is known to the knower (locationless i).
  • Trust in the higher power and higher intelligence/wisdom, we are not alone in this process. Don't try to get it, I don't get it. I just follow the "northern light", but this north is in a direction that is neither up, nor down, nor in nor out... Its almost like we are talking about another dimension. (Dimension not knowable to the mind)
  • Stay as the I am in not knowing what that is without going to the nearest object or subtle object. Be happy not knowing and do not expect to get anything out of this. Be sincere. 
Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

No. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

It's an illusion of duality that feels more real than real, because the void is the real reality, even a dream or hallucination feels real compared to absolute emptiness.

Edited by Bulgarianspirit

1 minute ago, electroBeam said:

Yes.

Everything exists. There's no such thing as non existence. 

Does this mean that you and me are separate? 

4 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Does this mean that you and me are separate? 

Infinity includes us being separate, along with everything else as one singularity. Therefore we are one ;) 

10 minutes ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

It's an illusion of duality that feels more real than real, because the void is the real reality, even a dream or hallucination feels real compared to absolute emptiness.

So what happens when someone attacks me with a knife? 

Do I think that I don't exist or my self is an illusion and no longer defend myself? 

If the self does not exist, then why should I defend myself? 

13 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

So what happens when someone attacks me with a knife? 

Do I think that I don't exist or my self is an illusion and no longer defend myself? 

If the self does not exist, then why should I defend myself? 

These are all wrong questions.

There is no you as something separate from reality. Period.  

Reality is one whole.  This whole situation is reality happening.   

There is no "should" or "I" or "myself". 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Preety_India Survival runs deep in all of life, ofcourse you will defend yourself and you want to keep experiencing this life because it is actually perfect thats why you defend yourself.

This life and form is actually the best when you realize that you are not the thoughts or all the beliefs and assumptions you had about reality. 

It is utterly mysterious ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Read No Mind, No Problem by Ramaji, this book & meditTuon teChnique helped me so much with this question, no answer here will fulfil you, you gotta find it out yourself...

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Everyone coming in with the conceptual answers... Murking the sky even deeper... Rather than pointing her to rest in her own awareness that knows this... 

@Preety_India its not about any answer. Not even what Im writing. It's about the direct experience of you right now, which knows what I am saying.

Do you agree that whether you agree to what Im saying or don't agree, you are knowing what I am saying? That knowing is what is pointed to. That is what you need to go to, not to some book or some guru and not to fill the space with some answer and then argue against that answer.

Stay present as the I now. Lets cut through the bullshit like a knife. I know everyone wants to look like they know the truth and will share their profound answer, but if you are not guiding her it is easy to see that it is not an attempt to help, but to attempt to give a "correct answer" to something unanswerable.

@LfcCharlie4 is showing correct understanding in his reply, because he is pointing you to a map of the Truth, not saying what the Truth is. There are other maps too, and you need to find the map you resonate with best. 

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

6 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Everyone coming in with the conceptual answers... Murking the sky even deeper... Rather than pointing her to rest in her own awareness that knows this... 

@Preety_India its not about any answer. Not even what Im writing. It's about the direct experience of you right now, which knows what I am saying.

Do you agree that whether you agree to what Im saying or don't agree, you are knowing what I am saying? That knowing is what is pointed to. That is what you need to go to, not to some book or some guru and not to fill the space with some answer and then argue against that answer.

Stay present as the I now. Lets cut through the bullshit like a knife. I know everyone wants to look like they know the truth and will share their profound answer, but if you are not guiding her it is easy to see that it is not an attempt to help, but to attempt to give a "correct answer" to something unanswerable.

@LfcCharlie4 is showing correct understanding in his reply, because he is pointing you to a map of the Truth, not saying what the Truth is. There are other maps too, and you need to find the map you resonate with best. 

@Preety_India  @Dodo is right.

There exists a state achieved by deep meditation or psychedelics that will show you that there are no boundaries to the body and they extend to infinity. How you interpret it using your logical mind gives you the answer. Since no two logical mind is alike but the experience is, I suggest you experience it on your own and answer it yourself in the way you like.

You can start by sitting simply and focussing on your breath while passively observing and letting any thoughts arising in your mind pass away gently.

You can get faster results by doing kriya yoga or the mind illuminated book.

Even if you don't experience anything after doing all these for years, don't worry, meditation will make your life only better.

1 hour ago, Member said:

Of course, but they are just that... characters. The dreamer is not a character.

could you expand on that?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

9 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

could you expand on that?

When you wake up from a dream, you don't say that you were a character because you are the creator of that dream. The entire dream (not the dream elements) is actually you, not only the character you're playing. The other characters that appear on that dream are just components that make up the whole dream, they don't have a life of their own to wake up at the same time with you. Don't take this too literal, just that in real life you're not a character or a human, you're the entire Universe that you're experiencing right now.