Intraplanetary

Eating meat is sacred and spiritual

34 posts in this topic

Yes, grass-fed meat is one of the most better digestive for the human body. 

Having said that, I wouldn´t do an 100% meat diet. The body sometimes asks me for fruits, some whole grains, ...etc. They are not as essential and as complete as meat, but they do have an important role in my energy and alivene-ss if I am eating lots of meat.

The problem is how expensive good meat is nowdays. You can´t have a good diet on minimum wage unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Chakra Lion said:

I’m only replying to your statement, “Eating meat is Sacred and Spiritual”.

Reality is happening from more than one perspective. You see something beautiful and another being sees the same thing as complete hell. Like it or not, you are eating faces. And it’s not that it’s bad, but you are choosing to identify that eating activity as sacred and spiritual.

What is so sacred about you opening a package of meat and with no effort or wasted energy you eat it? I could see if you raise your own animals, then slit its throat when a special day arrives. But you are trying to justify a survival activity as a good reason to continue to do it.
Fasting is sacred.

Are you blaming me for buying my food when in fact you yourself live in the same era and getting your food without wasted energy? Unless you live on air what would be interested to hear about. 

Where are your nuts, seeds and the rest coming from? What about exploitative labour, children working day and night to produce your plant based foods? Ever thought about that? Expand your mind and consider more perspectives. 

Here, I can shed some light for you. Now, you see very few perspectives. the human who east meat and the animals, in particular cows, beef and chicken. What about all other animal kingdoms, especially those small animals that are killed by agriculture and all people who labour in horrible conditions and even risk their lives.  For example, avocado farming is also linked to deforestation, drug cartels and drought. For children, the agricultural sector is one of the most dangerous sectors in terms of work-related fatalities, dangerous accidents and occupational disease. 

I see you have this very simple view when in fact it's so much more complex. 

Shaming and blaming won't help.

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

34 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

@Intraplanetary you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about friend

What do you mean? Elaborate my friend as you haven't said anything here. Empty statement.

softly into the Abyss...

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Yes, grass-fed meat is one of the most better digestive for the human body. 

Having said that, I wouldn´t do an 100% meat diet. The body sometimes asks me for fruits, some whole grains, ...etc. They are not as essential and as complete as meat, but they do have an important role in my energy and alivene-ss if I am eating lots of meat.

The problem is how expensive good meat is nowdays. You can´t have a good diet on minimum wage unfortunately.

I agree. My diet is mostly meat, seafood and eggs but I occasionally eat seasonal fruits and vegetables for variety. I haven't felt better in my life, my skin is glowing, body composition is getting better and better, and most importantly I feel mentally elevated which allows me to interact with people more fully, I'm more engaged and energetic. Plus this is minimalist life, very little plastic and waste.

And I couldn't agree more about that most people can't afford local organic meat and this is a huge systematic problem. Factory farming is cruel and animals are fed rubbish, full of omega-6 grains and soy and hormones. You're what you eat and eating too much commercial meat is not optimal.

I don't advocate buying commercial meat. I advocate supporting local farms and sourcing local produce for anyone no matter their label as vegetarian or vegan. Meat is sacred for me, I'm so grateful I can afford good quality meat as it gives me optimal health both physically and psychologically.

Because to execute my life work it requires for me to have a strong body and mind. I can't be sitting fasting or eating lettuce. Won't work.

softly into the Abyss...

1 hour ago, Intraplanetary said:

Are you blaming me for buying my food when in fact you yourself live in the same era and getting your food without wasted energy? Unless you live on air what would be interested to hear about. 

Where are your nuts, seeds and the rest coming from? What about exploitative labour, children working day and night to produce your plant based foods? Ever thought about that? Expand your mind and consider more perspectives. 

Here, I can shed some light for you. Now, you see very few perspectives. the human who east meat and the animals, in particular cows, beef and chicken. What about all other animal kingdoms, especially those small animals that are killed by agriculture and all people who labour in horrible conditions and even risk their lives.  For example, avocado farming is also linked to deforestation, drug cartels and drought. For children, the agricultural sector is one of the most dangerous sectors in terms of work-related fatalities, dangerous accidents and occupational disease. 

I see you have this very simple view when in fact it's so much more complex. 

Shaming and blaming won't help.

It takes complex system thinkers to solve these issues about factory farming and massive unsustainable agriculture, not a stage green people with bleeding hearts. 

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

8 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

You could have just posted this in the "is eating meat bad or less evolved let's say" thread, seems even your thread title is an answer to that other topic

I've just seen that thread. Oh man, vegans loved to give you the answers why is their way of eating is superior :D 

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

14 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

You go this wrong. It's not done because it's extremely expensive and who on earth would want to do this? Who is interested in people's health??? 

No, it is not done because it is unethical. Like I said you can't design a study observing who gets sick and who doesn't as a goal. The NIH would never grant something like that. 

These studies are not funded because no one would be able to profit. There are hundreds of people who know and believe that meat is healthy and would be more than happy to conduct and participate in these studies but it costs crazy lots of money. 

There are hundreds of people who believe that earth is flat and that Donal Trump is a lizard overlord, this argument is pointless. 

You saying it's unethical to do interventional studies, it's bonkers :D Don't worry, no one is locking and keeping people in the basement :D.

Nice strawman

I give you one interventional study showing that eating meat is healthy. It was done on two people for 1 year

A study of 2 people is irrelevant. This is why systemic studies & meta analyses exist. You need to pool data of hundreds of thousands of people to get the ideal picture because it is VERY difficult to statistically assess the outcome. 

And what about Eskimos? they ate exclusively meat-only diet for hundreds of years and thrived

Eskimos are carnivores because you can't freaking grow a a vegetable garden where they live? Btw if you bothered to research on inui, you would know that they have horrible health, early heart attacks, early death and significant atherosclerosis. Look at this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2981096/. Higher incidence of heart disease, more diabetes, more progressive atherosclerosis, higher blood pressure, higher cholesterol. 

8/10 people in the world will die of heart disease so get your facts straight and stop spreading misinformation. Meat-based diet is a perfect way to shorten your lifespan, destroy your gastrointestinal microbiome, increase cancer risk, increase depression risk and destroy your health beyond repair. Please make sure you are not doing this just to be "different". If you can't digest plants, this needs to be fixed. Low fibre diet will cut your longevity by 30%. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 Can you do an experiment? Eat strictly beef and salt for 2 weeks and come back with the results.

If this experiment has already happened what where the results? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

10 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Eskimos are carnivores because you can't freaking grow a a vegetable garden where they live? Btw if you bothered to research on inui, you would know that they have horrible health, early heart attacks, early death and significant atherosclerosis. Look at this https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2981096/. Higher incidence of heart disease, more diabetes, more progressive atherosclerosis, higher blood pressure, higher cholesterol. 

>2000-2004

lolz

13 hours ago, Village said:

2000-2004

lolz

I assume you HAD to find something that was "wrong" with that study because otherwise the truth would have been to harsh wouldn't it ;)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

I assume you HAD to find something that was "wrong" with that study because otherwise the truth would have been to harsh wouldn't it ;)

I'm already familiar with this study as well as many others about the Inui. If you look at the details, all they show is how much the introduction of Western foods degraded their health, which used to be excellent beforehand (read Dr. Weston Price's research for example).

17 minutes ago, Village said:

'm already familiar with this study as well as many others about the Inui. If you look at the details, all they show is how much the introduction of Western foods degraded their health, which used to be excellent beforehand (read Dr. Weston Price's research for example).

I think we will agree that the Western diet is the worst possible diet on the planet and what wherever place you come from it will make it worse. 

I have never taken deep dive into Inui diet but found this piece where they explored few mummies from the 16th century and despite being very young had a progressive arterial plaque. Now they don't mention too much but this could be something you could relate to as "traditional inui diet". Small sample I know but it shows something https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6991216/ 

Weston Price is commonly referred to as almighty researcher but we have many other who have proven benefits of more plant-based dominated diets in their own research such as Natan Prittikin or Dean Ornish. 

On 18/10/2020 at 11:16 AM, Tangerinedream said:

It is just so ingrained in peoples cultures to eat meat,

it's not cultural to eat meat. Humans survived thrived and celebrated meat for hundreds of thousands of years. A plant-based diet is evolutionary inconsistent as much as you care for animals, humans will never adopt to eating plants.

We'll find systematic solutions to regenerative farming which is holistic; it supports the whole ecosystem. 

On 18/10/2020 at 11:16 AM, Tangerinedream said:

The poorer people are stuck at the bottom and only being able to afford the cheapest meats

Have you ever thought about calories? poor people have much more chances to survive eating meat than plant-based food. It's hard to eat enough plants to be physically active. Plant diet requires an enormous amount of planning, investing in a crazy amount of supplements to ensure that body gets all it needs. Only wealthy people can do this. Plant-based diet is EXPENSIVE. I was vegan for 8 months I spent a fortune because I was planning, cooking, supplementing, etc and still end up losing my period and iron deficient.  -- hell yeh I'll eat meat! I'll eat as my life depends on it! And when I have resources I ensure that the meat i buy is grass-fed and local. 

My physical and mental health is my top priority. this is my base my roots from where all else come. Without it all talk about pursuing spirituality is fruitless. 

I found I'm my best when eating meat and eggs. And those who say it's wrong...give me a break I'm busy cooking ribs! 

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

I know of an enlightened master called Devamrita who ate meat and drank beer as well.  However, at the same time, he was also able to practice  present moment awareness constantly and precisely for six months while working as a pharmacist  to the point that he dissolved all his karma and  became enlightened.

Nisargadatta Maharaj also ate meat.

These masters were blessed with excellent powers of application and this is why they were able to attain enlightenment. Application and completion makes the impossible possible. This power of application came from the daily practice of their careers or profession as a pharmacist and businessman which demanded diligence and precision.

That said, vegetarianism and abstinence from intoxicants aids the spiritual process. I have noted that most quality meditators were vegetarians or abstained from meat.

Edited by Ajay0

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole