AlphaAbundance

Are the choices slavery, (pursuit of) freedom or death?

41 posts in this topic

@Hello from Russia

Ok, I'll consider those factors. However, I do doubt it's primarily those dopamine, over-stimulation type factors. I rarely partake in them, especially with parents forcing my quarantine. I recently even quit Fortnite. I just think my motivations were wiped out. Like there is no point. Like I see zero points for anything except for basic needs (physiological and safety needs), development, consciousness, understanding, and some other similar pursuits. It's like all meaning was wiped away lmao

Edited by AlphaAbundance

@AlphaAbundance Why do you think you have to work at Pizza Hut if you don't want to work at Pizza Hut? You have almost unlimited potential, we all do to some extent, some more than others. Why would you throw your life away to work at Pizza Hut? You only have to work at Pizza Hut if that's your life purpose.

I think this way of thinking (having to work at a fast food shop and climbing the corporate ladder until there's enough money for retirement) comes from following a carved out road, the safe road. Most people follow a carved out road, the same road everyone takes. Leo talks about this in his episode "Life is a Maze" and "Life Advice for Young People Pt. 1". Also in "27 Qualities of All Successful People", if I'm not mistaken. The concept he talks about is that if you follow the road most people do you will end up where most people do. And actually yes, you're not alone in your depression. Most people are trapped in their meaningless jobs and unhealthy relationships. It's not something rare. 

I find that depression is a lack of meaning. You asked what meaning is. I'll try to explain the way I see it. 

Life is basically meaningless, so I won't try to convince you that it means this or that. We give meaning to things ourselves. Things are devoid of meaning, and meaning is purely fictional. By fictional I don't mean non-existent, it's just intangible and very flexible. Infinitely flexible. This means you have an infinite ground to give meaning to anything. You can give infinite meaning to things, and there are infinite things. By realizing this you unlock infinite creativity. Life is infinitely creative, you just have to tap into this ability. And your creative abilities decide the quality of your life.

Meaning is whatever you find important and worthwhile to pursue. If anyone tells you life means this or life means that, you don't have to believe them. What they are saying is what is meaningful to them, but life may mean something else to you. 

You made yourself believe that life means work and struggle, but you can change that and believe the opposite or something entirely different, This is what I meant by 'meaning is fictional'. You invented a meaning, that life is work. But life can be anything. You think life means work and struggle because you need food to survive and you need money for food, and to buy food you have to work, and to work you need to be an ideal employee, and for that you need to work on yourself, your character, your looks etc., you need to fit into society and all that stuff. I could continue forever, depending on what your wants and needs are. But remember that work and survival are only a part of life, not the entirety of life, not what life is about and not always what keeps life going on. If you think about it, some people don't have to work because they inherit riches, and can buy food and pay the bills for their whole life, and even pursue what they like. This option is not available for 99% of people, but there are other options. 

Like some people make their food by creating a farm and taking care of the animals and producing vegetables/fruit. Maybe after they become rich from their farming, they can sit back, they hire people to produce their food on the farm, and food and other goods come to them without them having to work. So they just do what they like. Or if you learn coding you can create a program for yourself that automates your work (if it's artificial intelligence then even better!), then you can achieve in 1 minute what others achieve collectively in 50,000 hours. Imagine the value you get from that! Not necessarily money, but the value the program produces.. And these are just two ways to achieve freedom from consciously worrying about your need. I think you can find ways like these with any job or career, not just farming or AI programming. These two are just something that came to mind right now, I could think of ways other passions and hobbies bring freedom, but then this post would be too long haha. 

What's your passion, by the way?

Btw for me it seems that you are a very humble person. That's a great trait to have. You simply want to live a happy life without any struggle and without having to do anything to achieve that. You believe it's everyone's birthright to be given everything without the need to constantly struggle to survive. You want to be left alone by all the people who try to enslave you for their benefit, you see through the Matrix and its limitations that it puts on you. You recognize the cycles of "eat, sleep, work, repeat" and "eat to work and work to eat". I think it's a great first step, having all this knowledge. It's a sort of awakening. Like people talk about enlightenment and they think it's something very far out there or "spiritual', but no. Really, what enlightenment and/or awakenings are is seeing through the maze of life, seeing the little (or big) truths of living. Which are not always pleasant, can be depressing.. or maybe depressing isn't the right word. They're definitely sobering though.

Then there's the concept of solving the maze. Which means mastering it, studying it, finding your passion and place in the world, or just achieving anything you want, in this case a freedom from suffering and struggle.. (hint: the maze is life). Do you have to work for it? Yes, maybe. But how much effort it takes depends on your levels of creativity. 

1 hour ago, AlphaAbundance said:

I don't know if all the positive thinking and reframing in the world could eliminate the literal suffering of exerting themselves whether mentally or physically. Can one reframe the straining of doing math problems mentally? Can one reframe the exertion of running? Can one reframe the pain of getting stabbed? Can one reframe the deliciousness of a chipotle burrito?

It's not always about re-framing. Sometimes it's about practice, past experience, etc.. but re-framing has a huge role. Maybe you heard about Joe Dispenza. He has a great book called 'You Are Placebo.' You should read it to see how re-framing can do miracles. It's about how people healed themselves with their mind, of cancer, of arthritis, everything. Hecc, there are millions of binaural beats and quantum medicine tracks on YouTube to heal from every illness and they seem to heal people. We are living the future right now, and discovering our mind's abilities that have been taught in scriptures for thousands years!

You can do math easily if you practice for a longer period of time. Same with running. So it's experience+practice for those two. Some people don't get hurt by stabbing, there is a practice for example in I think Tibet? or some other Asian country, about controlling the iron in the body with your mind, so that you don't get stabbed. Same can be achieved by reciting the Shani beej mantra 10 millions of times. Maybe I went too far haha... you can be hypnotized to not feel pain and if someone stabs you while in hypnosis you might not feel anything. You can train yourself to be hyper-alert, so if someone tries to stab you, you just hit them hard before they even try (my point: why is there a need to be stabbed?..there's always option B, C, D...). I have a friend who can't eat burritos, he said he vomited once when he ate it. He just can't stand it. Yeah, I don't know how, he just doesn't like some of the ingredients. Past experience maybe (body-memory, subconscious disgust, association with something). He could re-frame that by convincing himself the burrito is good. *shrug* 

Interesting answers, thanks for sharing! I would reply to all of the answers but this post is getting quite long so ima end it here... ;P 

Your mind frame controls you. You look at reality in one way, while not being conscious that reality is how you see it. The problem is not in the world but your mind creates the problems in the process of interpreting the world The counter intuitive solution is to see the deceptive nature of your thoughts. Do not trust your thoughts. That's all the beauty of advanced personal development and spirituality. That's why i watch Actualized.org videos.

I suggest you watch the episode "how to stop being a victim part 2", and listen carefully. If you grasp the point of this episode, and it clicks in your mind, only then real personal development can begin

You will understand how reframing can solve the problem, only when you realise how your current framing has created the problem in first place

@AlphaAbundance

Have you considered therapy? Even though some others have talked about 'cognitive reframing', I don't think is an solution for your dilemma. Using just the mind to change your perspective is futile for some people(especially for those who live in their head). You need to engage your emotions strongly as well. 

Try getting some therapy or do some kind of energy work. I am not saying that you will solve this dilemma, but start going through all the options that have been presented in this thread. If one advice doesn't work go to the next. 

Maybe let a little fear of your life being potentially meaningless get into you. See what your life would be 5, 10, 15 years down the line. Can you live such a meaningless existence? Wouldn't you do more of a service helping people, God, animals transcend this harsh world? 

Life doesn't have meaning but it can make sense.

As English is a germanic language the words sense and 'sinn' have the same meaning. In Germany we say das macht Sinn. Same in English that makes sense. 

So basically it might help to be able to stimulate the brain in that way that it opens up other areas of the body. Some do it with drugs I did it with music and sport combination. I had to pay a price for it my brainpower went down for deep thinking but my general energy level was amazingly high. 

It came close to the term ignorance is bliss. When you get difficult problems and you need your brain it may then be shocking to do deep thinking. Might feel depressing but it is worth a try if nothing else works.

7 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

I fucking hate work. I'm too lazy to do anything. I think I might drop my scholarship, drop college, and drop the urge to live as well. When the options are effort for freedom, the effort of slavery, and the easiness of death, what should one do?

Please share your thoughts and insights. Some questions to consider are

• For those who don't want to work to live, is death the only path?  How do you have a purely effortless, if not low effort yet still rewarding and optimal life? If one is unable to put in the effort or any effort to survive should they kill themselves? 
  • If pursuing freedom is uncertain and a lot of suffering of effort, should one just choose death? If someone fails at pursuing freedom, should they just end it all?
  • What is the ranking of the paths of slavery, freedom, and death?
  • Are there other choices? Are there other paths/options?
  • Is this a common issue or just laziness/entitlement in not wanting to work?
  • What are your perspectives? What is best for people in general? What should I do? What is best for me to do? 

Regarding the overall tone of your post, the first thing I would start investing in is your health. A negative outlook on life is largely the result of badly functioning neurotransmitters. When you have this in order, you can full-well know how bad life can be (if not for you then for others), and still maintain a positive outlook. Of course there is still suffering, but it becomes manageable and even worthwhile once you experience its opposite. Essentially the root problem may not necessarily be because of the world, but because the binoculars you're using to look at it are dusty.

As you mentioned the irony in freeing yourself of the need to work is that to get there, you basically have to turn yourself into a work machine. However, there are a few alternatives.

• You could save up a bit of money and get a van to live out of, develop some skills and use them to provide online services so you can maintain the lifestyle indefinitely.
  • You could save up a bit of money and move to a very low cost-of-living area like Puerto Rico or SE Asia. However you want to do your research and know exactly what you're doing.
  • Essentially find a way to live off of $15k a year or less, and save the rest of your money. This could mean: learn home/vehicle maintenance, buy everything used, seek out coupons and discounts, shop thrift stores, avoid having children, use cheap transportation (motorcycle, bicycle, public transport), stick to a college degree or trade that guarantees a job, explore government assistance programs for things like health insurance or education.
  • You can also explore trades if college isn't for you. There's plenty of earning potential and you might find the work more interesting.

As you can see, there is also a decent amount of work and research involved. The question is, is this the type of work you would find enjoyable?

In regards to how others feel about it, I would say that most people know that life is hard, that the only employment options are to either get taken advantage of for 40 years, or succumb to corruption. This is why people with the highest levels of self-love are not willing to passively accept this outcome, they go against the grain and find a way to make entrepreneurship or self-sustaining minimalism work.

Anyway, those are just a few ideas to throw around, hope you found something useful there.

11 hours ago, Aquarius said:

@AlphaAbundance Why do you think you have to work at Pizza Hut if you don't want to work at Pizza Hut? You have almost unlimited potential, we all do to some extent, some more than others. Why would you throw your life away to work at Pizza Hut? You only have to work at Pizza Hut if that's your life purpose.

I see. I meant in terms of having to work to live. I meant that if I stop college right now with no other options and marketable skills/credentials I am basically fucked to a life of low skilled labor or grinding.  So basically if I don't become successful in freedom (financial freedom or passionate "work) soon then I would be best to stay in college as non-college wage slavery is worse than college wage slavery.

I think this way of thinking (having to work at a fast-food shop and climbing the corporate ladder until there's enough money for retirement) comes from following a carved out road, the safe road. Most people follow a carved out road, the same road everyone takes. Leo talks about this in his episode "Life is a Maze" and "Life Advice for Young People Pt. 1". Also in "27 Qualities of All Successful People", if I'm not mistaken. The concept he talks about is that if you follow the road most people do you will end up where most people do. And actually yes, you're not alone in your depression. Most people are trapped in their meaningless jobs and unhealthy relationships. It's not something rare. 

Ok, I see, thank you. I would say my options for (striving for) freedom include

• Financial Freedom focused (eliminating need for sufferable work)
    • Grinding in a career high-paying employment (career, job, profession) until I make enough to live off investments/dividends(⭐)
    • Grinding in business (or high-profit venture(s)) to generate passive (or massive) income then living off that business income or investments/dividends (⭐⭐)
      • While the first option would likely take longer than the second option, it is a pretty "safe" road and likely the fallback road for me (that is why I am in college). The second option is a better reward but would be a lot of hard work and uncertainty. I think I can pull off the second option and honestly if I can't with my abilities that means I don't deserve to live.
  • Enjoyable effort/work focused (replacing sufferable effort with enjoyable effort)
    • Grinding/creating/finding employment (career, job, profession) or self-employment (free-lancing, some forms of consulting, etc.) I enjoy, am passionate and interested about at acceptable levels (honestly 90-100% but it can be 60-80% temporarily)
      • These options don't seem to be likely considering it seems I dislike, won't enjoy most jobs, well most high/sufficiently paying jobs. And the jobs I do have some sort of enjoyment would be nowhere near the needed 60% threshold of enjoyment. If others actually find a way to enjoy their employment and self-employment I need to learn from them or understand how we are different.
    • Grinding/creating/finding business (project, venture, or some form of entrepreneurship) I enjoy, am passionate, and interested about at acceptable levels (honestly 90-100%, but it can 60-80% temporarily) (⭐)
      • This option seems decent, I just need to find something I would enjoy doing at acceptable percentages of time and is profitable. 

So basically, there are the options of focusing on financial freedom, focusing on enjoyable work, or some form of both. I am thinking it is ideal to maximize both profit and enjoyment (while leaning toward profit because as soon as it reaches financial independence levels I am free to do whatever I want). More analysis, contemplation, and pondering is needed but yeah

I find that depression is a lack of meaning. You asked what meaning is. I'll try to explain the way I see it. 

Life is basically meaningless, so I won't try to convince you that it means this or that. We give meaning to things ourselves. Things are devoid of meaning, and meaning is purely fictional. By fictional I don't mean non-existent, it's just intangible and very flexible. Infinitely flexible. This means you have an infinite ground to give meaning to anything. You can give infinite meaning to things, and there are infinite things. By realizing this you unlock infinite creativity. Life is infinitely creative, you just have to tap into this ability. And your creative abilities decide the quality of your life.

Thank you, I want to be able to understand meaning more.

• Do you have any more of those golden questions? Or any ressources? (Should I rewatch Leo's meaning video?)

Meaning is whatever you find important and worthwhile to pursue. If anyone tells you life means this or life means that, you don't have to believe them. What they are saying is what is meaningful to them, but life may mean something else to you. 

You made yourself believe that life means work and struggle, but you can change that and believe the opposite or something entirely different, This is what I meant by 'meaning is fictional'. You invented a meaning, that life is work. But life can be anything. You think life means work and struggle because you need food to survive and you need money for food, and to buy food you have to work, and to work you need to be an ideal employee, and for that you need to work on yourself, your character, your looks etc., you need to fit into society and all that stuff. I could continue forever, depending on what your wants and needs are. But remember that work and survival are only a part of life, not the entirety of life, not what life is about and not always what keeps life going on. If you think about it, some people don't have to work because they inherit riches, and can buy food and pay the bills for their whole life, and even pursue what they like. This option is not available for 99% of people, but there are other options. 

Ok, I see, so this all may be narrative, thoughts, beliefs, and not the actual case or experience of the matter. And yes the freedom option is available, that is what I want.

• How do I change my beliefs about life being work and struggle?
  • Are my beliefs and perspectives about surrounding what I consider effort, suffering, and sufferable effort what is causing the negative feelings and suffering around effort?
    • When feeling dreadful, "afraid" before the effort?
    • When feeling negative, "choreful", "toiling", "dull", "forced" during the effort?
    • Is there any non-belief, non-thought based component to the suffering when exerting?

Like some people make their food by creating a farm and taking care of the animals and producing vegetables/fruit. Maybe after they become rich from their farming, they can sit back, they hire people to produce their food on the farm, and food and other goods come to them without them having to work. So they just do what they like. Or if you learn coding you can create a program for yourself that automates your work (if it's artificial intelligence then even better!), then you can achieve in 1 minute what others achieve collectively in 50,000 hours. Imagine the value you get from that! Not necessarily money, but the value the program produces. And these are just two ways to achieve freedom from consciously worrying about your need. I think you can find ways like these with any job or career, not just farming or AI programming. These two are just something that came to mind right now, I could think of ways other passions and hobbies bring freedom, but then this post would be too long haha. 

I love efficiency and effort-minimization. These ideas are helpful. I will pursue efficiency maximization in my life. I hope to create these sorts of systems to bring freedom into my life.

• Please continue, what are some other "efficiency systems" I could create in my life?

I think everyone should be free. It would best if everyone was free, everyone wouldn't have to worry about basic needs and money. A life of pure abundance. AlphaAbundance;)

What's your passion, by the way?

Btw for me it seems that you are a very humble person. That's a great trait to have. You simply want to live a happy life without any struggle and without having to do anything to achieve that. You believe it's everyone's birthright to be given everything without the need to constantly struggle to survive. You want to be left alone by all the people who try to enslave you for their benefit, you see through the Matrix and its limitations that it puts on you. You recognize the cycles of "eat, sleep, work, repeat" and "eat to work and work to eat". I think it's a great first step, having all this knowledge. It's a sort of awakening. Like people talk about enlightenment and they think it's something very far out there or "spiritual', but no. Really, what enlightenment and/or awakenings are is seeing through the maze of life, seeing the little (or big) truths of living. Which are not always pleasant, can be depressing.. or maybe depressing isn't the right word. They're definitely sobering though

Then there's the concept of solving the maze. Which means mastering it, studying it, finding your passion and place in the world, or just achieving anything you want, in this case a freedom from suffering and struggle.. (hint: the maze is life). Do you have to work for it? Yes, maybe. But how much effort it takes depends on your levels of creativity. 

A passion of mine is to acquire infinite power and share it.

Thank you. I truly am great haha. I see, so these little truths and awakenings are also essential.

Interesting. Wow, inspirational.

It's not always about re-framing. Sometimes it's about practice, past experience, etc.. but re-framing has a huge role. Maybe you heard about Joe Dispenza. He has a great book called 'You Are Placebo.' You should read it to see how re-framing can do miracles. It's about how people healed themselves with their mind, of cancer, of arthritis, everything. Hecc, there are millions of binaural beats and quantum medicine tracks on YouTube to heal from every illness and they seem to heal people. We are living the future right now, and discovering our mind's abilities that have been taught in scriptures for thousands years!

You can do math easily if you practice for a longer period of time. Same with running. So it's experience+practice for those two. Some people don't get hurt by stabbing, there is a practice for example in I think Tibet? or some other Asian country, about controlling the iron in the body with your mind, so that you don't get stabbed. Same can be achieved by reciting the Shani beej mantra 10 millions of times. Maybe I went too far haha... you can be hypnotized to not feel pain and if someone stabs you while in hypnosis you might not feel anything. You can train yourself to be hyper-alert, so if someone tries to stab you, you just hit them hard before they even try (my point: why is there a need to be stabbed?..there's always option B, C, D...). I have a friend who can't eat burritos, he said he vomited once when he ate it. He just can't stand it. Yeah, I don't know how, he just doesn't like some of the ingredients. Past experience maybe (body-memory, subconscious disgust, association with something). He could re-frame that by convincing himself the burrito is good. *shrug* 

Interesting answers, thanks for sharing! I would reply to all of the answers but this post is getting quite long so ima end it here... ;P 

I see so in addition to reframing there is also practice/experience. Your beliefs create your reality. Experience/practice reduces effort. Increasing skills move it to the subconscious mind and it becomes easy. There are always other opportunities, a different way. Never give up.

I wish you had continued haha. Motivational. I'll probably come back to this post. Thank you.

Edited by AlphaAbundance

16 hours ago, Edan said:
16 hours ago, Edan said:

Your mind frame controls you. You look at reality in one way, while not being conscious that reality is how you see it. The problem is not in the world but your mind creates the problems in the process of interpreting the world The counter-intuitive solution is to see the deceptive nature of your thoughts. Do not trust your thoughts. That's all the beauty of advanced personal development and spirituality. That's why i watch Actualized.org videos.

Ok, interesting, please elaborate on my framing, beliefs creating the situation. It seems that something like mowing the lawn, doing homework (and other forms of effort) is akin to actual (rather than thought/imagination) sensations like migraines and physical pain. It feels as if actual effort is being taken place, that there is some form of doing

16 hours ago, Edan said:

I suggest you watch the episode "how to stop being a victim part 2", and listen carefully. If you grasp the point of this episode, and it clicks in your mind, only then real personal development can begin

Ok

• How To Stop Being A Victim - The #1 Reason You Are Stuck In Life
    • Take responsibility not necessarily blame for everything in your life
      • Who is responsible for your quality of life?
      • Take responsibility for all stuff, even stuff you think is out of your control
    • -
      • Success
        • Easy to take responsbility for
      • Failure
      • Emotions
      • Accidents
      • Circumstances
      • Relationships
      • All Other
    • -
      • How you respond to situations is in your control?
    • -
      • Growth, don't plateau or decay
        • Aim for exponential growth
    • -
      • Victim
        • I'm a little bitch who can't do anything
      • Fighter
        • Reality is harsh, dog eat dog, constant conflict
      • Creator
        • Everything can be accepted or improved upon
      • At Peace
        • Simply existing, everything is just happening with no control
        • Creative energy is flowing through you
    • Responsibility vs. Blaming
      • Responsbility is not blaming/control
      • You have control on
        • Your thinking
        • Your interpretation
        • Your reaction
        • Your actions
        • Your feelings
      • Responsbility is about response
        • Either 
          • I will create the circumstances in life I want OR
          • I will fail at creating the circumstances in life I want
            • But I will create the happiness I want
      • ---> Paradigm shift
        • Brain is good at stories, excuses, complaining, whining and blaming
          • To keep you from going out of comfort zone to pursue greater
        • Self-deception, self-sabotage, manipulation
          • You have to trust yourself a lot but also have to not trust yourself at all
          • Excuses always seem to be real, real life
        • Epiphany, realization that you don't have to be a victim
          • No more victim thinking
          • Take control of every area of life
            • Academics
            • Health
            • Career/Finances
            • Romance/Sex
            • Any problem you can decide to take it on as a challenge
          • You control everything
            • Realize and take responsbility
            • "I can take on the challenge"
            • Its fearful because you realize you have to put in work, put in a lot of work, to start thinking radically different
          • Your level of personal development has to be able to overcome certain level problems
            • It takes a large amount of emotional labor and challenge
            • Hard massive action, you have to take massive action
            • It doesn't work for you because your not taking massive action
              • Have role models so you can realize how much of a pussy you are
              • "I only got one life and I have to make it work"?~
              • Say you know what, fuck the ego
                • "I want results in my life, I want happiness"
                • Take massive action
                  • Every angle, direction to find an solution
                  • Find some way for it to happen, some way to cope at i
          • Identify this negative self-talk, victim self-talk (and that’s where you need to take massive action in)
            • Not only about working hard but also about working smart (find new techniques or new strategy)
          • Victim phrases
            • "I cant"
            • "Its impossible"
            • "its to hard"
            • "Life is unfair"
            • "I must"
            • "I need to"
            • "I have to"
            • "I should"
            • "I've never done that"
              • Time to learn, that’s why you have a brain
            • "What if I fail"
              • Try again, massive action is required because there will be massive failure
            • "Its (____)'s fault"
            • "I've already tried that"
              • Take massive fucking action and it will be work for you, you need to have persistence, sometimes you need to try 100 times, 1000 times before it works
            • "You massively overestimate how long you have tried stuff"
            • "Never"
            • "Always"
            • "I'll try"
            • "Maybe, I think"
            • "I'm not good enough"
            • "I'm not capable"
            • "Its to much effort"
            • "It just won't work in this situation"
            • "There's not enough time"
            • "I don't have enough money"
            • "______ is holding me back"
            • "That’s all great for young people, but its to late for me"
            • "Its too late"
              • Its never to late
            • "My life situation is such that I can't do it"
            • "Its easy for you"
            • "But how"
              • Do research, role models, books, study, videos, process of trial and error, massive fucking action
              • Until then you have to trust yourself
        • -
          • Full creative authority
          • The quality of your life is only determined by you, your thoughts and your actions
        • -
          • Even if you are a victim, act like a victim, its still your responsbility
          • Its just whether you realize and take control that its your responsbility or try to ignore it

• How To Stop Being A Victim - Part 2 - What All Victims Fail To Understand
    • -
      • Health
      • Fitness
      • Diet
      • Money Situation
      • Relationships
      • Marriage
      • Children
      • Career
      • Business
    • -
      • A victim thinks the external world is a greater obstacle to him then he is to himself
      • You are the only obstacle
      • Its your mind that is the obstacle
      • If you are lacking any results that could be reasonably attained within reality, your mind is the obstacle, you are the problem
      • If you are a victim, you don't believe me
    • -
      • Levels of understanding
        • Surface
        • Intermediate, Secondary
        • Really Deep Level, Recognize as principle
    • -
      • They don't see all the ramifications, see the possible of self-deception, bullshit and self-sabotage
        • Your own mind is deceiving you
    • -
      • Don't worry about the "external world"
        • Boss holding you back
        • Enemies
        • Business competitors
        • Economy
        • Wife
        • Genetics
          • Not beautiful
        • Upbringing
          • Not confident, etc.
      • Worry about the following
        • Mental filters
        • Attitude
        • Limiting beliefs
        • Judgements
        • Unquestioned assumptions about reality
        • Lack of introspection
        • Visualization
        • Images you run through mind
        • Monkey mind, how it chatters on and on without stop or control
        • Model of reality
        • Emotions and reactions
        • Your thoughts and beliefs about reality
        • Your morality, good and evil
        • Habits that you cultivate or lack their of
        • Self talk, how its out of 
        • Consciousness, awareness, how little mindfulness you have
        • Ego, affects of ego to people, "outer world" and to yourself
      • Don't spend to much time worrying about physics rather than psychology
    • -
      • Reality is a projection of your internal world
        • Reality is imagination/thought
      • If you are a victim, part of your internal world or Pyschology
        • You think how you think about the world isn't that insignificant
        • "I have real problems to deal with"
    • -
      • True vs. False Beliefs
    • This is beautifully deceptive, your not going to take time to look at thoughts, beliefs, not going to do introspection
      • Your problems are created by the mind, problems are not things that exist in the external world
        • Problems are features of the mind
        • Its you who attributes meanings to situations in the external world
        • All these things are parameters of your mind, how you hold yourself relative to reality
      • There is no problem without the mind
        • The problem is actively created, sustained and created, mind burns calories
        • Problem is like a creature living in your head
        • It seems like your problems are "outside" but they are all imagination/thought, the mind
      • You have to see ramifications, grasp what is being said
        • Until you recognize you are creating these problems, then you won't be able to let it go
        • These is foundation, preliminary to self-actualization
      • Life will see hostile, unfair, depressing and cruel either in all of life or this specific area
        • Your unconscious, and resisting becoming conscious
        • This is beginning, preliminary, foundational work
        • It becomes impossible, almost impossible for anyone to help you
        • Every avenue of a solution that comes forth will be denied by your mind
        • Your mind is searching for solutions in the wrong place
    • Imagine for a minute that the inner world is all that matters in this life
      • Working on the external world would be useless
    • Stop gullibly believing your mind
      • Your mind is not your friend
      • The self is a tricky bastard
      • Your mind will frame control you
        • Your mind frames everything in life, every situation in life
        • Sets the foundation, parameters, reference point
      • People frame control you
        • Marketings use it to associate things, frame control you
        • They want to make the $100 seem like it isn't really a lot
        • Sleazy marketing technique
    • Look into belief creation, look into belief creation that you go through
      • Humble yourself
    • As soon as you grasp, you will take all this seriously
      • Pyschology, philosophy, contemplation ,meditation ,mindfulness, nonduality, intuition, wisdom and truth
        • The most burning issues, you will become a student to these things
        • Only then can you get the value from the videos
        • You will lose all the value, meat of the video
    • Exercise
      • Select one area in life where you are victim
      • Write all justifications for why you can't change in this area, why its impossible, why its not your fault
      • Identify how the problem identifies seems like an external problem
      • Identify how the problem is actually an internal problem
      • Watch out for justifying the external problem
      • How am I creating the obstacle
      • What am I avoiding by creating this obstacle?
      • What must I believe to be a victim?
    • -
      • Maybe you agree everything in theory is but in practice, when applying to your life you think it is something different, something special 
    • -
      • All those problems are victim mentality, all these problems are internal and solvable, they have solutions
      • Stop being arrogant 
    • -
      • All problems are interconnected
      • All problems are internal, mind, Pyschology
16 hours ago, Edan said:

You will understand how reframing can solve the problem, only when you realise how your current framing has created the problem in first place

I do see how a lot of the negative experience, suffering was created through thought stories, amplified thought stories.  Help me understand how my current framing has created the problem. 

• How do I eliminate this?  Is there any way for me to reframe and make everything effortless? (Make homework effortless and pleasant. Make chores effortless and pleasant, etc.)

Also, it seems like there is something else than simple thoughts, imagination and beliefs on the situation. Let me know if I am deluded but when mowing the lawn or doing homework it seems there is an actual physical or mental sensation, that is in actuality rather than thought/imagination). Like the straining of doing the tasks is an actual sensation that is unpleasant. This seems even more clear with physical tasks like running, etc.

• Is the issue of suffering from emotional/mental labor and "sufferable" effort something that can be solved? Can you make everything effortless? Can you make the sensation and experience of effort disappear?
  • How do you not suffer when doing work, labor (uninteresting, dull, boring, "pointless", non-enjoyable, menial sorts of "sufferable" effort)?
  • Or further, how do you not suffer when feeling bored or having actual physical pain or migraines?

16 hours ago, Setzer901 said:

@AlphaAbundance

Have you considered therapy? Even though some others have talked about 'cognitive reframing', I don't think is an solution for your dilemma. Using just the mind to change your perspective is futile for some people(especially for those who live in their head). You need to engage your emotions strongly as well. 

Interesting

• How would therapy help? Would everything become effortless after a few session haha

Try getting some therapy or do some kind of energy work. I am not saying that you will solve this dilemma, but start going through all the options that have been presented in this thread. If one advice doesn't work go to the next. 

That's true that a solution would need thinking as well as emotions, to be fully holistic.

Ok, I will consider therapy and energy work. That is also a good pointer to self-experiment all the solutions proposed.

Maybe let a little fear of your life being potentially meaningless get into you. See what your life would be 5, 10, 15 years down the line. Can you live such a meaningless existence? Wouldn't you do more of a service helping people, God, animals transcend this harsh world? 

I half-understand meaning as completely subjective, relative, and whatever you want it to be. Basically, life has no objective meaning. I would like to understand meaning better.

• What would be so important or meaningful about servicing others? Why would I want to help others transcend this harsh world? (I have some motivation on helping others but it is very weak and fragile - like everything is meaningless (or "objectively" meaningless) what's the point? you know?)

@Epikur

16 hours ago, Epikur said:

Life doesn't have meaning but it can make sense.

As English is a germanic language the words sense and 'sinn' have the same meaning. In Germany we say das macht Sinn. Same in English that makes sense. 

What do you mean by  "life doesn't have meaning but it can make sense"?

16 hours ago, Epikur said:

So basically it might help to be able to stimulate the brain in that way that it opens up other areas of the body. Some do it with drugs I did it with music and sport combination. I had to pay a price for it my brainpower went down for deep thinking but my general energy level was amazingly high. 

It came close to the term ignorance is bliss. When you get difficult problems and you need your brain it may then be shocking to do deep thinking. Might feel depressing but it is worth a try if nothing else works.

Sounds like tons of fun. What would be the benefits/purpose of this? (Fun? Energy levels?) It seems like a valuable endeavor however how does it connect to the problem of suffering from effort, having to work to live?

Oh I see, are you saying like this might help to deal with the emotions or like "get my mind off" or give me some breathing room when considering this problem?

@Meta-Man

13 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

This was a constant thorn in my side throughout my life as well. 

Rediscovering spirit is the true cure to this soulcrushing predicament. So you have to awaken. And as you might’ve heard, awakening equals death. And death equals absolute freedom. At some point you’d rather die than keep struggling.

So in short the solution is to let go of the one that is suffering, struggling, efforting. Who is it that is working? The ‘I’ is always the problem, not the situation.

Less ‘I’ equals less of a storyline/narrative (which weighs heavy on you). «I am in this and that life situation and it sucks» <- that thought/story is the suffering.

More spirit in your life means more presence, joy, wonder and lightness.

Awakening will let you sink into effortlessness, to the point where if you let go of the ‘I’ completely, you are no longer driving the vehicle. You leave it all to God. This is what putting ones faith in God really means. This is the ultimate laziness. ;)

I see so your suggesting awakening is the solution to this predicament.  That effortlessness, presence, joy, wonder, and lightness is what I want. To bad if I awaken I won't be going along for the journey lmao

• Is there any other solution but awakening? (If they exist what are they?)

I feel confused thinking about some points regarding awakening eliminating suffering and efforting.

• Will it actually feel effortless to do homework, mow the lawn (or do other forms of work)?
  • Will someone actually feel no suffering if having a migraine, getting stabbed (and other sorts of experiences/feelings that cause suffering in lower stages of consciousness)?

@smurf88

Regarding the overall tone of your post, the first thing I would start investing in is your health. A negative outlook on life is largely the result of badly functioning neurotransmitters. When you have this in order, you can full-well know how bad life can be (if not for you then for others), and still maintain a positive outlook. Of course, there is still suffering, but it becomes manageable and even worthwhile once you experience its opposite. Essentially the root problem may not necessarily be because of the world, but because the binoculars you're using to look at it are dusty.

Ok so

I should consider investing in / improving my health. I can see how this negative outlook and perspective might be health-related.  And that if I improve my outlook the suffering could reduce.

• What are some manners in which my outlook could be improved? What are some perspectives that could change my outlook? Do I just actively change it? Try to think optimistically and positively about the situation?

Also, I must seek to enjoy life more so I can see that this suffering/effort is worth it.

•  What (should I / is best to) pursue? What enjoyment should I pursue? What is enjoyment? What is enjoyable? 
12 hours ago, smurf88 said:

As you mentioned the irony in freeing yourself of the need to work is that to get there, you basically have to turn yourself into a work machine. However, there are a few alternatives.

• You could save up a bit of money and get a van to live out of, develop some skills and use them to provide online services so you can maintain the lifestyle indefinitely.
  • You could save up a bit of money and move to a very low cost-of-living area like Puerto Rico or SE Asia. However you want to do your research and know exactly what you're doing.
  • Essentially find a way to live off of $15k a year or less, and save the rest of your money. This could mean: learn home/vehicle maintenance, buy everything used, seek out coupons and discounts, shop thrift stores, avoid having children, use cheap transportation (motorcycle, bicycle, public transport), stick to a college degree or trade that guarantees a job, explore government assistance programs for things like health insurance or education.
  • You can also explore trades if college isn't for you. There's plenty of earning potential and you might find the work more interesting.

As you can see, there is also a decent amount of work and research involved. The question is, is this the type of work you would find enjoyable?

Ok, thank you. These options really expanded my horizons. I could look into living a more minimalistic and low expense lifestyle (like living in van + freelancing, living in lower-cost areas, reduce expenses heavily). I could also look into trade school as the work might be more enjoyable and there is still lots of earning potential. I think I will ponder these ideas.

12 hours ago, smurf88 said:

In regards to how others feel about it, I would say that most people know that life is hard, that the only employment options are to either get taken advantage of for 40 years, or succumb to corruption. This is why people with the highest levels of self-love are not willing to passively accept this outcome, they go against the grain and find a way to make entrepreneurship or self-sustaining minimalism work.

Anyway, those are just a few ideas to throw around, hope you found something useful there.

Ok, I see. I hadn't really considered this idea of self-sustaining minimalism. I think I may have some little bits of attachment to material wealth, materialism. Thanks

Edited by AlphaAbundance

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way. It can be challenging growing up with privilege because you are given a lot of things that other's work their whole lives for, and you see the emptiness in them and other pursuits. 

You mentioned wanting to become infinitely powerful and allowing others to do the same. I think it's important to challenge yourself and grow. It gives you a sense of accomplishment. And then to teach others to do the same. 

You lack motivation because your life is too comfortable right now.   

Also, in my experience, life takes on more meaning when someone depends on you. Such as a pet, child, or student.

2 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling this way. It can be challenging growing up with privilege because you are given a lot of things that other's work their whole lives for, and you see the emptiness in them and other pursuits. 

Yeah privileged with being in USA and non-poor. I'm not rich or anything Lol, I wouldn't be in college grinding if that was the case. But yeah I feel uninterested in grinding for stage orange motivations and really anything for that matter. Just hitting basic survival needs seems decent for right now while I figure things out.

The main problem I was focusing on was this issue of unpleasant effort. Like working hard and grinding when you don't feel interested or enjoyment while doing so and you actually feel suffering. Like this emotional labor, or mental/emotional/physical type labor. What is the solution to suffering effort? Can it be completely solved?

21 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

You mentioned wanting to become infinitely powerful and allowing others to do the same. I think it's important to challenge yourself and grow. It gives you a sense of accomplishment. And then to teach others to do the same. 

By becoming infinitely powerful everything would become effortless, I would be able to do anything I want and understand everything. It would infinite freedom and infinite understanding and the elimination of suffering without having to go down the enlightenment path. This is off-topic but:

• What is the point/purpose/benefit/reason for challenging yourself?
  • What is the point/purpose/benefit/reason for growth?
  • Isn't all sense of accomplishment an illusion/bullshit?
  • What is the point/purpose/benefit/reason for teaching others?
22 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

You lack motivation because your life is too comfortable right now.   

It's actually the exact opposite, I lack motivation because my life feels too uncomfortable right now. I have been suffering through the effort I have to put in through high school and now college (whether it is my thoughts/imagination (like some have suggested) or my actual feelings/sensations/experiences). Life is uncomfortable, it's not easy anymore and I feel uninterested, sad, and depressed thinking of having to put in consistent effort just to live. Granted the effort I have put in and have to put in for school (and in the future work) may not be as great as some others have had to but whether through laziness. lack of motivation, not seeing the purpose or some other way I feel some sort of suffering connected to the effort of having to grind and work in school.

22 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

Also, in my experience, life takes on more meaning when someone depends on you. Such as a pet, child, or student.

• What is meaning? What do you mean by this meaning? (It seems so flimsy and purposeless) Why would I care if I had a pet, child or student? (Would it be some sort of compassion or connection based motivation? Isn't even that built upon the thought-constructed meaning and ultimately purposeless?)

@AlphaAbundance

Sounds like tons of fun. What would be the benefits/purpose of this? (Fun? Energy levels?) It seems like a valuable endeavor however how does it connect to the problem of suffering from effort, having to work to live?

Oh I see, are you saying like this might help to deal with the emotions or like "get my mind off" or give me some breathing room when considering this problem?

Yes basically it's the feeling when you do sport with music. You have lots of energy for menial tasks. I could find a job where I did not have to think much. Then you can keep a high energy level. 

Once you have to start to think deep you get problems because you can't concentrate much but as long as the job is not intellectually demanding it can be nice. 

Physical work has some therapeutic effect. Modern life expects sometimes too much intellectual work from us.

That might give you some time to recover and then you can try normal life again.

@Epikur 

20 hours ago, Epikur said:

@AlphaAbundance

Yes basically it's the feeling when you do sport with music. You have lots of energy for menial tasks. I could find a job where I did not have to think much. Then you can keep a high energy level. 

Once you have to start to think deep you get problems because you can't concentrate much but as long as the job is not intellectually demanding it can be nice. 

Physical work has some therapeutic effect. Modern life expects sometimes too much intellectual work from us.

That might give you some time to recover and then you can try normal life again.

Ok, I see, so when you take supplements/drugs and/or listen to music it can help alleviate the suffering of the task, make it more pleasant or otherwise improve the experience. And this is might not work when it comes to intellectual work (or high difficulty intellectual work)

• What therapeutic effects (or overall benefits) does physical work have?

Insightful. I wouldn't necessarily be able to quit college (I would probably lose my scholarship (I should confirm just in case this isn't true) and have a long path back to similar opportunities) but this is definitely worthy of consideration.

@Meta-Man

16 hours ago, Meta-Man said:

In terms of work, it would be what others here have suggested, which is to make a living doing something you love. This is the ideal, whether you awaken or not.

Ok, I see.

• What if you are unable to make a living doing something you love (or love sufficiently/fully, like at least 60% threshold)?
  • What do you do in the meantime while you are working out a solution? (Like how do you deal with work while you are unawakened, not doing something you like and have to work to live) Do you just suffer?

Yes. But... only if homework is a truthful activity. Many activities can and tend to fall away as one awakens. As an example, this is why Eckhart and Ramana quit school. Because they no longer saw the point, the directed energy required to sustain the activity dissipated. All activities done on behalf of a separate self will eventually fall away as one treads along the path.

Ok, I see

• What is meant by truthful activity?
  • What replaces activities done on behalf of a separate self? Do they just go and die (like mahasamadhi or something else)? Does one work (or do activities) for humanity (or the globe, or everything)? Why do they work (or do activities) for (whatever it is)?

What these activies are in your particular case is something you’ll discover as you go. 

Ok,

• How do I discover these activities?

The difference would be that there isn’t anyone there owning the pain/suffering, which is a quantum leap. 

Ok,

• In what way is no ego identification (or no ego) with the suffering better? 
    • Does it mean that the suffering ceases (or nullify)? Is it that the enjoyment/pleasure/peace from higher stages of consciousness cancels out the suffering? Is it that detachment from the suffering allows it to not be suffering (or "suffering") anymore? 
  • What is felt or experienced (or whatever it is)?
    • What can it be described as? Can it be described as enjoyment/pleasure or is it something else?  Can it be described as the elimination of suffering (or at peace with suffering) 
Edited by AlphaAbundance

RECAP

• Problem, challenge, obstacle
    • Feeling depressed, suicidal, negative thinking of sufferable effort (Ego stories and games?)
      • Having to suffer through work, grind, assignments in college
      • Having to suffer through sufferable effort in general (throughout my history and life, although this may be a common problem)
    • The "actual" (?) problem of Sufferable effort
      • How do you solve sufferable effort?

• Solutions
    • (Direct Methods)
      • Outlook, perspective, optimism
        • Consider your perspectives aren't necessarily the highest perspective
          • Eliminate (or be careful of) nihilistic, pessimistic points of views, beliefs (on effort, sufferable effort, life, etc.)
          • Incorporate/understand positive, optimistic, differing perspectives, points of view (on effort, sufferable effort, life, etc.)
        • Be careful of the ego's stories
        • Stop, eliminate, be careful of victim mentality,
        • Don't be close-minded, don't give up, always try to find a solution, be a problem-solver, be a fighter, be a creator
        • Don't overcomplicate it, Don't ruminate to much
        • Pondering, contemplation, journaling
          • Ask yourself question, question your beliefs, perspectives, interpretation
      • Try to enjoy your current work, see what aspects you love
        • Make the best of current work, effort, try to enjoy current effort/work
        • Consider using supplements/drugs, consider using music, high energy music
          • This can be ineffective if it is high level, high difficulty, a certain level difficulty of intellectual work
        • Take breaks
        • Work in teams and groups
      • Consider, explore other types of work, ways to acquire basic needs
        • Consider Part-Time work, minimalistic lifestyle, low-expense minimalistic lifestyle
        • Choose a job (college or manner of creating money for basic needs) that is less stressful and suited to your needs
        • Consider a trade
        • Take a break, try something different, a physical job where you can have high energy with drugs/supplements and music
      • Financial Freedom / Financial Independence
        • Reduce expenses/liabilities (affordable housing, pay down debts)
        • Create additional sources of income
        • Find ways to be efficient
          • Find ways to create efficient value, create immense value while being efficient, ultra-efficient
      • Pursue what you love, find your passion, high-level interests
        • If you love what you do, you won't feel like its work
        • Make a living doing what you love, with enjoyable effort
      • Awakening/Enlightenment, Dis-identify from the mind, Liberation from the mind
        • It is speaking on your behalf and causing untold misery
      • Self-experimentation
        • Experiment with the solutions offered, experiment with your own solutions, experiment with solutions, experiment
      • Acceptance, Understanding
        • That work, effort, the sufferable effort is an inevitable part of life
        • Know that life is a shitty deal, life is a shitty deal for not just me but everyone, understand/accept that perspective,
          • "Just deal with it"
          • Stop being a bitch, stop being a pussy
    • (Indirect Methods / Worthy Endeavors / Solutions to other, related problems)
      • Seek help
        • Engage in therapy
          • Using your mind to change your perspective is futile for some people (especially for those who live in their head), you need to engage your emotions strongly as well
        • Engage in energy work
      • Understand meaning
        • Question, ponder, contemplate, learn, research, think about, etc. meaning
          • Be careful for meanings surrounding meaning
      • Eliminate video games, sex/masturbation (maybe just limit sex?~), alcohol, too much sugar, too much food indulgence, consuming too much media (especially social media), too much recreational drugs (weed included), too much partying/gossiping
        • Eliminate all lower consciousness activities
          • All this shit numbs you and lowers motivation levels
      • Focus on your health, neurotransmitters, eliminate, replace, fix badly functioning neurotransmitters
      • Focus on experiencing joy
        • Find ways to enjoy life
        • Engage in fun activities

• Ideas/Perspectives
    • Death may not be an option (due to reincarnation, having to restart, karma, etc.)
      • Consider "sufferable", unpleasant after-death experiences due to suicide
      • Consider taking suicide off the cards
      • It may override your higher purpose
        • Find and focus on your higher purpose
      • People who live to old age often comment that the time passes crazy fast anyway
    • This is how it is, welcome to the human world.
      • You don't have many options. You either own a business or have a job. In both, you need to work.
      • Most people know life is hard, people with the highest levels of self-love are not willing to passively accept common outcomes
    • Pursue what you love, don't overcomplicate
      • Love is the magic ingredient that makes work not feel like work. You only call it "work" when you don't love what you're doing,
    • Consider that modern life may expect to much intellectual work from us
      • Consider that physical work can be therapeutic
        • It can be healthy, exercise
          • See the benefits, see the positive
      • You may just take a break from your work and come back, take a break and work on physical work then come back
    • Some forms of financial agency/security/independence are liberating though it is easier said than done
      • Finances can be hard to get right if there is no external source of support ?~~~ (Victim mentality?~)
      • Surviving on part-time work might be a more achievable goal
    • Not working may cause mental issues, not working may be suboptimal
      • There may be a certain kind of lethargy caused by a lack of positive engagement with people and challenges
      • If you are involved in the right goals, it may not be an issue
    • Your mind frame controls you, you look at reality in one way, while not being conscious that reality is how you see it
      • Your mind creates the problems in interpreting the world
        • See the deceptive nature of your thoughts, Do not trust your thoughts
          • That’s the beauty of advanced personal development and spirituality, that’s why I watch actualized.org videos
      • You will understand how reframing can solve the problem, only when you realize how your current framing has created the problem in the first place
    • Its not always about re-framing, sometimes its about practice, past-experience, skill, strategy
      • Have a positive mindset, think like naruto, think like anime characters, never give up (but I think still investigate, it can't all just be baseless)
      • The effort you put in depends on your creativity, level of creativity
    • Consider that you are in depression, that this is depression
    • Possibly start to fear "meaninglessness"
      • Go back to stage orange, lower level, previous perspective and see how I would see myself from there ?~~
    • My country has the most opportunities for whatever work I want to be doing, my country has the best ratio of self-made? people across the world
      • I seem to be complacent and I am spoiled by my country and the conditions I was born in
      • It can be challenging growing up with privelege because you are given a lot of things that other's work their whole lives for, and you see the emptiness in them and other pursuits
        • You may lack motivation because your life is too comfortable right now
          • Why does one lack motivation if their life is to comfortable? Isn't the lack of motivation a problem which is uncomfortable? Isn't the lack of results a problem which is uncomfortable?
      • Life may take on more meaning if someone depends on you, such as a pet, child or student
        • Why might this be meaningful?
    • Awaken, enlighten, More spirit in your life means more presence, joy and lightness
      • Awakening will let you sink into effortlessness, awakening is ultimate laziness
      • With awakening, there isn't anyone owning the pain/suffering, which is a quantum leap
        • Consider whether you should awaken, go down the awakening route
          • Know it is an option if all else fails
      • Only truthful activities remain when one awakens
        • Directed energy to sustain activity dissipates if there is no point, purpose, it is non-truthful activity, a non-truthful activity,
          • All activities done on behalf of a sperate self will eventually fall away as one treads along the path
        • What these activities are in your particular case is something you'll discover as you go

• Further Questions / Challenges
    • What is effort?
      • What is sufferable effort? What is enjoyable effort? What is sufferable vs enjoyable effort?
    • Is sufferable effort inevitable?
      • Is sufferable 'emotional labor' inevitable? Is there are solution to this problem? Is their a way to eliminate this problem completely? Is suffering inevitable?  Can you actually solve the problem of "having to put effort in life"?
    • How do you handle, deal with sufferable effort while you working on solutions for it?
      • How do you deal with having to grind in college (How do you deal with the suffering from sufferable effort? (boring, uninteresting, grueling, sufferable effort/effortful homework, assignments, zoom calls, etc.?)
    • How do you handle suffering?
      •  Do you just sit and suffer (or fight and suffer)? Do you have to suffer? Is suffering inevitable?
    • Is the sufferable effort of life worth it?
      •  Is the sufferable effort to eliminate sufferable effort worth it? Do you have to do sufferable effort in order to eliminate sufferable effort? What is the point/purpose of it all? Is that question voided, based on false assumptions? What are the perspectives, outlooks, viewpoints surrounding this? Is there something I am missing?
    • Is the idea, perception, feeling of doing, effort an illusion?
      • What level (or progress) of awakening does one have to be to realize this? (Is this full awakening?) does one have to be fully awakened to realize this?
    • How do you love what you are doing? How do you create a love for what you are doing?
    • Can we just see the world however we want? Can we create whatever framing we want? Can we interpret the world however we want?
    • Why do anything?
      • Why is it important to challenge yourself? Why is it important to grow? Isn't this sense of accomplishment based of false meaning and untenable? What is personal truth? What is subjective truth? Isn't meaning just bullshit? Isn't all meaning just bullshit?
    • What is meaning? How does one understand meaning completely?
      • Is having no meaning bad? Is meaning-less bad? What is the point/meaning of meaninglessness? What are the implications of meaninglessness? Is meaninglessness a bad thing? What is meant by meaninglessness?
    • Is all meaning untenable? Can you still hold meaning even if all meaning is untenable?
      • How can you enjoy meaning if all meaning is untenable? If all meaning is untenable what the hell?

Feel free to answer all or a few of the questions above. Feel free to share your perspective, ideas, comments.

Edited by AlphaAbundance

Don't fall into the "entrepreneurship = heaven" trap.

You can be in states of ecstasy and bliss in a 9-5 job.

And you can be in states of hell and unease as an entrepreneur.

@AlphaAbundance  

You dont need to live like most people. You can do whatever you want bro.
What you do is look at your entire life as this horrible struggle in front of you, ofc you have no motivation. 

Its like "Either I become a tech founder millionaire in a year, or I die in this fucking job". That clearly tells me that a tech engineering is not the right thing for you.

You say you burnt your orange motivation out of you, but in the end you limit yourself to good paying and secure careers because you are yet to be open minded enough to drop this and truly seek what makes you happy, even tough it might not be a reputable modern career (which is exactly what the trap is !)

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?