Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Don

Can love be consciousness?

7 posts in this topic

Hello.

I've been watching this documentary on YouTube about the scientific evidence of the afterlife.

@Leo Gura talked about similar ideas in one of his videos.

Dr. Raymond Moody has been the foremost authority on Near Death Experiences since the 1970s. His decades of inquiry into the NDE phenomena gives us credible accounts of what people experience when the body dies, but consciousness continues.

What are your thoughts on the afterlife? Is it possible? Is it real?

And what happens to awarenes after the body ceases to function?

Me on the road less traveled.

2 hours ago, The Don said:

Hello.

I've been watching this documentary on YouTube about the scientific evidence of the afterlife.

@Leo Gura talked about similar ideas in one of his videos.

What are your thoughts on the afterlife? Is it possible? Is it real?

And what happens to awarenes after the body ceases to function?

No disrespect to Dr. Raymond Moody but he hasn't experience death personally to talk about afterlife. Neither is there anybody here who is dead and talks about afterlife. 

First of all, how do you assume that there is life at all? What makes you think that death is real?

Short answer, awareness is all that there is. You don't know anything except the awareness of things. Awareness is consciousness. Consciousness and Love are one and the same.

21 hours ago, VincentArogya said:

Short answer, awareness is all that there is. You don't know anything except the awareness of things. Awareness is consciousness. Consciousness and Love are one and the same.

Is awareness destructible?

How come that awareness exists?

How is it possible for awareness to be a real thing?

2 hours ago, The Don said:

How come that awareness exists?

Because it has no opposite.  One cannot experience a lack of experience. Therefore all that remains is experience.

If awareness exists once, then it exists eternally.

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

What if it’s all as simple as there is no Don? 

@Nahm, this might be true. I don't deny it.

The "problem" is that I can't see that there's no Don. What I see is that the ego is a construct or an imaginary thing, but there's a body that moves and perceives things; a body with awaress.

With that being said, I don't want to be deluded. I don't wanna fool mylsef.

I can be certain that experience is real. Awareness is real since I am aware.

And by the way, what is "I am"? A substitute for awareness?

Echkart Tolle is often saying that awareness can't be understood by the mind; it can only be known. As far as I'm concerned, can awareness understand itself?

It's somehow depressing just to think about eternal awareness/consciousness. Not from an emotional standboint, but from an intelectual one, seeing the impossibility of fully comprehending awareness.

12 hours ago, peachboy said:

Because it has no opposite.  One cannot experience a lack of experience. Therefore all that remains is experience.

If awareness exists once, then it exists eternally.

I'll struggle to uderstand what you're saying. I'll be contemplating your statements.