Chi_

Logan Paul Interviews Sadhguru. Questions about Psychedelics and many more!

95 posts in this topic

On 18/10/2020 at 7:24 PM, Applegarden said:

but it is funny that everybody is afraid to associate with Nithyananda

Get real dude. 

Have you heard the horrific stories of his cult survivors, the stories of child abuse where children were locked in rooms until they could perform advanced occult techniques, forced to shit in their own pants. 

Sadghuru spends his time initiating people into yoga techniques, and creating social initiatives to improve the environment. 

2 hours ago, Mada_ said:

Get real dude. 

Have you heard the horrific stories of his cult survivors, the stories of child abuse where children were locked in rooms until they could perform advanced occult techniques, forced to shit in their own pants. 

Sadghuru spends his time initiating people into yoga techniques, and creating social initiatives to improve the environment. 

Mhm, I nothing like a good "Get real dude" and "What the fuck is wrong with me" and "I feel bad for you that you associate with criminals, you should be a criminal aswell then".

2 hours ago, Mada_ said:

Well, i heard you are gay and suppose I made a video. I didn't hear you say it acctually, but I am going to accuse you and recurit more people saying that you are gay. Am I true? Should this discredit you from being straight? Are you gay now, because i said? How much people should say that you are gay for you to agree that you said you are gay, if you didn't say it? Perhaps i get a media space and shout out loud that you are gay also? Maybe then you are proven to be gay if you are not? How is it?

Is it legally proven that he has done all this? Then based on what you are saying Sadhguru should be in prison because he killed his wife, because somebody said it.

3 hours ago, Mada_ said:

And Nithyananda doesn't? Do you know what you are talking about if you are watching his critics and media, rather than him and his work? He is giving satsangs for 25 years and has done quite a bit... you find out. If you dare...

Sadhguru is the most pure and genuine spiritual teacher I know. It doesn't mean he is the best teacher (this of subjective), but he embodied what he is teaching. Others might be also very advanced but they often have some minor passive-aggressive traits going on.

The only in issue is that his teaching aren't very deep.. unless you read between the lines. Because of that I needed to listen to many interviews to understand fully his thought process. Leo doesn't hide that much.

In the interview, Sadhguru is careful to make the distinction between “knowing” and “belief”.  He then advises us that we are better to admit “I don’t know”, which opens up possibilities, rather than be stuck in beliefs, which we never know if they are true or not.  

But then he expresses his negative beliefs about psychedelics.  It doesn’t appear that he has any direct knowledge of them.  In the interview he mentions close friends of his that died from drugs.  But, this would be like condemning all screwdrivers because one of your friends stuck a screwdriver in his ear and died.  He doesn’t seem to be aware of indigenous people who have been using these medicines for thousands of years.   

Why doesn’t Sadhguru follow his own advice and say “I don’t know” ?

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

11 minutes ago, Jodistrict said:

In the interview, Sadhguru is careful to make the distinction between “knowing” and “belief”.  He then advises us that we are better to admit “I don’t know”, which opens up possibilities, rather than be stuck in beliefs, which we never know if they are true or not.  

But then he expresses his negative beliefs about psychedelics.  It doesn’t appear that he has any direct knowledge of them.  In the interview he mentions close friends of his that died from drugs.  But, this would be like condemning all screwdrivers because one of your friends stuck a screwdriver in his ear and died.  He doesn’t seem to be aware of indigenous people who have been using these medicines for thousands of years.   

Psychedelics are banned in most countries for a reason. Not everyone can handle it. Cheat codes can ruin the game.

Sadhguru debates Jewish Rabbi

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Jodistrict said:

I'd like to just add to this that he actually spoke more openly about Psychedelics for the first time in this video as well. He said that it's okay if you try them once to realize that such an experience is possible and then you try to achieve that without the psychedelic.

So what he says seem to change according to the audience he is talking to and that makes sense given the role he plays nowadays in the world.

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

You are missing one thing here: you are missing that you don't know either.

Sadhguru gave an example in the video of “knowing” you have two hands because it is what you experience.  By that criteria, I have some direct knowing of psychedelics because I have actually used them.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

53 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Personally I don't trust in any experience, because many times it has turned out that experiences have been a illusion, delusion, etc.

And I have also tried psychedelics, which only gave me delusional experiences (during the trip I thought they were real) and it gave me permanent injury (after the trip I sometimes get psychosis (or whatever) in sober state).

But, I don't know anything, so forget everything I just said.

Set and Setting.   That's why I only take psychedelics as a medicine and under the direction of indigenous healers guided by their ancient wisdom.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

On 18/10/2020 at 2:55 AM, Leo Gura said:

I'll interview Sadhguru on one condition: he smokes 30mg of 5-MeO-DMT on camera.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA 

Please! 

On 19/10/2020 at 0:40 AM, Chi_ said:

I'd pay a thousand dollars to see that happen

Let’s start a petition hahah

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

I see that y’all are hating on sadhguru and I agree with a lot of points but I feel as though there will be a change. 

Right now he makes really strategic decisions. This video puts his actions into context. 
Looks like he is playing his last rounds of politics/diplomacy/etc. to amass a lot of influence before going all out with very direct teachings.

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

On 10/16/2020 at 5:04 PM, Leo Gura said:

Next up: Chuck Norris interviews Sadhguru

Close enough:

One thing that bothers me about Sadhguru is that he seems to be positioning himself as the “Answer Man”.   He is willing to come up with an answer to virtually anything no matter how mundane or distant from his real expertise.  When I took the Inner Engineering Course, you were given a certain number of tokens to look at his videos giving various answers, and if you ran out, you would have to pay for more answers.    I thought a guru was someone who guides you towards liberation.  Answers are just brain food that makes the mind more confused.  In Zen, they give you a koan to trip up the answer seeking mind.   Maybe he is appealing to the millions of lost people living in the rootless and soulless West desperately seeking answers.  Has anyone in his organization obtained liberation? 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

12 hours ago, Akemrelax said:

Close enough:

Haha haha I love it