iceprincess

spiritual techniques to heal a broken heart?

17 posts in this topic

I have a serious problem, I've been obsessed with this guy for the last 7 years. I cant get him out of my head, I tried therapy for months, I've tried to let time heal but he is still stuck in my mind. are there any alternative self healing techniques that might work to stop this obsessiveness and help me let him go and open myself to new love? would something like reiki, chakra energy healing or hypnosis work???? I'm open to trying psychedelics but not yet? I dont wan't any practical  suggestions I have tried all of those,  something unconventional please.  

Have you removed everything that reminds you of him (his social medias, presents, etc)?

one day this will all be memories

Sounds like you have created a very strong thought-pattern in your mental sphere by feeding it for 7 years.

These thought patterns are parasites and will constantly try to draw your attention and reproduce similar kinds of thoughts every time, that's how they survive and grow.

If you stop feeding it energy by being indifferent to its influence, it will gradually weaken and dissapear. This takes a lot of willpower and more so if it has grow very strong.

You could work with an advanced occultist to have it removed, if you find a good one.

If you can't, you could try visualizing this parasite (you may represent it by imagining the guy and cocentrate on the fact that this symbolizes the parasite) and dissolve it into extintion using your imagination and willpower.

This method will be more or less effective according to your spiritual developement. If you are not experienced with energy work it will probably won't do much, but you can try and do it many times. 

Regular non-specific meditation also makes it easier to overcome the influence of these parasites. 

Edited by Fran11

@iceprincess

1 hour ago, iceprincess said:

I have a serious problem, I've been obsessed with this guy for the last 7 years. I cant get him out of my head, I tried therapy for months, I've tried to let time heal but he is still stuck in my mind. are there any alternative self healing techniques that might work to stop this obsessiveness and help me let him go and open myself to new love? would something like reiki, chakra energy healing or hypnosis work???? I'm open to trying psychedelics but not yet? I dont wan't any practical  suggestions I have tried all of those,  something unconventional please.  

There's the good old classic letting go meditation, and don't forget to also let go of you resisting the letting go. The later usually is harder to do.

Try listening to music, dancing, drawing, role playing, cooking, whatever activities you can list, and go with the one that makes you really happy, then keep a second activity that just makes you feel generally good.

Dissolve the attachment. 

Think that you're loving that person in letting them go. 

A man is known more by his actions 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Have you tried really letting yourself grieve? I don't mean a few tears here or there, I mean full on grieve. I find if the energy of grief is still stuck in my system that it becomes a constant reminder of the pain rather than allowing it to move through my system. 

don't just love him, love all men.

:xThe divine masculine:x 

and yes, take a dose of mdma, but be careful not to take it regularly, do your research, it can be dangerous to your body.

Edited by Rolo

What is the lesson that this relationship was trying to teach you ? 

Understand the lesson and be free from attachment.

Have you listened to Leo's video on self-love? 

Excpeting love from other people is a sure way to loose yourself

Edited by Rigel

Sailing on the ceiling 

On 10/15/2020 at 4:28 PM, iceprincess said:

I remember Jana Dixon touching on the subject of unrequited love in her book Biology of Kundalini. I happened to find it just now. It was in her chapter titled Projection. This is about the 9th paragraph down from the top that I plucked out, if you wanted to read more of what she wrote.

"What about the ultimate gamble of loving and finding it unrequited? Loving someone who doesn't love us back is not such a bad thing, if we are able to use that love to grow and not react in self-destruction. The pain from such an event can help us to open and be ready for a deeper love, And more grateful when it arises, in awe of the miracle and the precariousness and the rareness of it all. Romantic longing for another is synonymous with longing for the unity of one's own Self. Unrequitted love can result in metamorphic initiation, for the energy that would have been used in relationship is then used in the opening of the inner flower of Self."

From: https://www.biologyofkundalini.com/article.php@story=Projection.html

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Unrequited Love is a metaphysical misunderstanding.

The first misunderstanding is:

"I am separate from this man."

You aren't separate from him. In fact, you aren't separate from taken/partnered or married men either.....

But this is extremely taboo and forbidden.

The taboo truth is that "You are ONE with ALL men that are alive, both single and married." 

Breakups, divorce, and unrequited love feel like shit because they are ultimately lies from the ego.

Society is not ready for this. 

Not even non-duality spiritual teachers are ready to fix this metaphysical misunderstanding.

The second misunderstanding is:

"I can consume someone else's oxytocin."

This is simply impossible.

A painful longing for romantic union comes from thinking you are separate. And that by forming a union with the man, you will "gain" or "consume" his oxytocin.  This gain is a lie.

You can not taste someone else's oxytocin.

You can only ever taste your own oxytocin. And you don't need a partner to taste your own oxytocin.

The sad thing is that we haven't developed good tools to help people with this. In fact, our tools for teaching people how to taste their own oxytocin are absolute crap right now.

Edited by Brittany

Many utilitarian philosophies in this thread, all but contingent on one thing, the incentive itself, the intuition from which action may ensue.

If there can be no such change (presumably it could, although 7 years can surely be 7 more) there will be NO utility in those means presented in the thread either. Even worse is the indulgent idea of nondual experience as the mode for your ultimate goal, in that it may take you a lifetime for integration.

Why should the path before you be laid down on the assumption that your desire for this man is less than that of an alternative one, ought the inclination not be to PURSUE the desire to its conclusion? Emotions are not to be undermined, furthermore it WILL not be undermined and remains thus shrouded only so long.

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

On 10/15/2020 at 6:28 PM, iceprincess said:

"...open myself to new love". I think you misunderstand what love really is. If you want to open yourself to the Truth Love you need to get rid off your love addiction. 

I used to have that problem to. I tried a lot of psychological techniques, I'd been visiting psychologist. Nothing helped me. Only when I tried psychedelics I realized the route cause of my problem. I become conscious of Love. If you want to heal yourself, you need the Love, but don't try do understand this mentally. Direct experience is necessity here. That guy is a part of your ego. You identified yourself with him. 

On 16/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, iceprincess said:

I have a serious problem, I've been obsessed with this guy for the last 7 years. I cant get him out of my head, I tried therapy for months, I've tried to let time heal but he is still stuck in my mind.

that really really sucks. Sorry you had to go through all of that

On 16/10/2020 at 8:28 AM, iceprincess said:

something unconventional please.  

Admit that you can't get over him because you love him too much :) 

Death meditation. They have died.

You'll need a good imagination. Done enough times it'll alter the subconscious, even if you consciously know they're still alive if you do the visualisation enough times and well enough, the brain has no choice but to respond to that. There's a letting go process there that goes along with that too.

Most problems are due to not understanding how to master the imagination or not putting in the work to master it.

It's perfectly fine to love someone for the rest of your life and never see them again, what matters is how disruptive is it, do you still have the capacity to love others, is it beyond reason, etc. 

Generally speaking I'm always an advocate of mastery over technologies or mastery before technologies (from psychedelics to things like transcranial direct current stimulation). 

I've never had psychedelic's for example but based on some the ways that I interact with reality some might think I had.