Einsteinonacid

How can I replace my junk food habit with something positive?

2 posts in this topic

I currently work at a job I hate that stresses me tf out. So to make myself feel better after work I like to reward myself with fast food. The problem is I'm doing this too often and am wasting allot of my income on food. Not to mention almost all of fast food is unhealthy and damaging for to my health. Is there anything I can replace this bad habit with? Or are there healthier fast food options available? What can I do?

Sadly you are not going to find any health food at any fast food join or really any restaurant for that matter. However, I managed to gradually just shift towards healthier options with my food. Maybe you start by removing the cheese or something. Or going somewhere with better options. Gradually working your way up to better and better options. I would say a critical skill to develop would be what actually is a healthy option. Many fine distinctions to be made. 

Also, healthier food is not going to get cheaper. I spend way more money eating the stuff I do now, but everything is organic and the best quality I can find. Of course making and preparing meals can save you some money though too. Buying in bulk at places like costco if you have it. Invest in some reusable glassware to take and you could do some healthy meal preps you could find on youtube. Would make a massive difference in your energy and mood. 

I mean it might sound obvious, but maybe consider trying to work somewhere with less stress. Sounds like this is a good chunk of the problem. Not to mention you would feel healthier in a better environment too.