r0ckyreed

Solipsism is Truth: Everything is Imagination

156 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

And that's how consistency works. Two appearances are consistent if they're "similar enough". Then we make an unconscious leap and say they are the same dog, person, thing etc.

Yes, I agree. But that isn't what I'm talking about.

I am refering to Conciousness' ability to recall/recreate "similar enough appearences", after the original ones are gone from our perception. I'm not talking about the "individual mind" believing they are "the same".

If we deny that the dream is sort of a continuous thread of imagination, which includes also things outside of the perceptual field, consistency doesn't make sense.

Imagination is highly intelligent and consistent, and the complexity and intelligence of that process is not always accesible from the perceptual field. If it was, there could not be low egoic levels of conciousness and everyone would be in an omniscient God-mode all the time.

Edited by Fran11

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

You are still attached to the idea of there being the other half.

Try letting that go.

That's what it means to say reality is imaginary. Whatever you imagine becomes real. But not the ego-you, the God-you. This why insane people live in a very real world of their insanity. To them, it's fully real.

To a Christian, Jesus is literally the one and only son of God.

To a QAnnoner, Hilary Clinton really is a pedophile and Trump is going to save the world.

To a Nazi, Jews and brown people are a disgusting plague of diseased locust.

To a radical Islamist, America is literally Satan.

Until they stop imagining that.

Consider a teenage guy with low self-esteem, who thinks all girls do not find him attractive, regardless of whether this is the case or not. If we would follow your rhetoric, we would say this is his literal reality. It appears to him that girls do not like him, and appearance=reality.

However doesn’t this rhetoric go against our mission in combating self-deception? If we say self-deception is true, we automatically assume there is an underlying true reality which is different from appearance. And in life there are many instances where it is proven to us that reality is not how it appeared to be.

How do we reconcile these two ideas of appearance = reality on one hand and self-deception on the other hand?

"Everything is imagination " is an absolute statement....there are no absolute statements in reality.  Meaning there is no one statement that is absolutely correct.   There is always a kernel of truth mixed with a hint of bullshit in any statement. 

If everything is imagination.. Then the notion of imagination will collapse because there is nothing to contrast it with. Which ends up meaning everything is scvfghyc.  

To say that you are imagining others is true in a  sense and false in a sense. To say it's absolutely true or absolutely false you begin to contradict yourself and fall into endless dilemmas which can't be resolved under a one way of looking at reality. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

44 minutes ago, KingEnergy said:

How do we reconcile these two ideas of appearance = reality on one hand and self-deception on the other hand?

Life is a game of limitation. If that were not the case, you'd be back home in a state of limitlessness.

As long as you want to continue playing, the limitations need to be respected.

Therefore some beliefs shape reality. Others do not.

1 hour ago, Fran11 said:

I am refering to Conciousness' ability to recall/recreate "similar enough appearences", after the original ones are gone from our perception. I'm not talking about the "individual mind" believing they are "the same".

I think we're basically in agreement.

My angle is that there exist platonic ideals which function as templates for "similar enough appearances". The feeling or recognition that something is consistent is a manifestation of this. You have a template of your dog in consciousness.

To recognise anything at all, there must be a "similar enough" system built into consciousness, so we can dissect the world into different parts, people, things, emotions, thoughts, and so on. In other words it's a base function of consciousness.  If you think about it, that is what awareness is. Awareness is not devoid of meaning, but quite the opposite, everything has a meaning. It's not just appearance, but recognition too.

As to how these templates are kept in consciousness over time, it's simple: there is no time. But that's a different conversation.

All stories and explanations are false.

13 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

As to how these templates are kept in consciousness over time, it's simple: there is no time.

Yes, thay seems to be the key when looked at from a higher point of view. 

We experiece physicality in linear time, but there's no time for The Mind.

Edited by Fran11

I like to say that consciousness is not in time, time is in consciousness. But that's just being a smartarse and nobody likes that 9_9

All stories and explanations are false.

11 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I like to say that consciousness is not in time, time is in consciousness. But that's just being a smartarse and nobody likes that 9_9

Haha, it's a good way to put it.

14 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

even smartarse appears in consciousness so you're alright! xD 

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

21 hours ago, Someone here said:

No. What kind of nonsense is this?   

I just showed you how nonsensical your view is.  Go pass the highway without turning right or left... If you don't see the cars that mean they are imaginary right? .... Untill you do this you are just mentally masturbating. Go prove your theory.   If the car is about to hit you.. Just look away.. When you don't see it it's not real anymore and you will be safe... Go ahead and do it! 

@Someone here

The whole highway thing is not a very good argument against solipsism. Have you ever played a first-person shooter? Do you actually believe that there are NPC’s shooting your character in the back when you are not looking? Do you believe that when you turn your character away from cars on a highway like on GTA V that they are still there? Notice that it is complete imagination. All other minds on GTA V are concept and imagination, including your own.

Go play GTA V on first-person mode and walk on the highway. Notice that other cars and your character do not exist. The whole video game is oneness. The duality of cars, humans, guns, etc. is concept and imagination. 

Consistency is what you are imagining. You are imagining a reality that you cannot unimagine. You are imagining the physical laws and physical reality and object permanence. In a video game, it is Pure Nothing manifesting as something. That is the illusion of reality. All there is, is just a blank screen. Do you understand now the real depth to solipsism? You are in GTA V right now! But that is not what you call it. It is instead called reality.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

@r0ckyreed nicely said.  Another way to say it is it is exactly like a dream.  All others, everything in the dream Is being held within your Consciousness.  

This can be directly realized by waking up.

Now - stating this, and becoming directly conscious of it, are two very very different things.  When you actually become conscious of this it will really drop you to your fucking knees.   Not saying you haven't - but damn its one hell of a realization.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@r0ckyreed nicely said.  Another way to say it is it is exactly like a dream.  All others, everything in the dream Is being held within your Consciousness.  

This can be directly realized by waking up.

Now - stating this, and becoming directly conscious of it, are two very very different things.  When you actually become conscious of this it will really drop you to your fucking knees.   Not saying you haven't - but damn its one hell of a realization.  

You are correct. I have the concepts of it all, but I have not made it Actual. I cannot wait to have this direct-realization. :D 

I am doing meditation, but I may try out cannabis instead of psychedelics. I haven’t used cannabis before and heard that people have reached nondual states with it.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Not saying you haven't - but damn its one hell of a realization.  

How have you had the realization? It would be nice if I could do it without using a substance. I am learning about Transcendental Meditation in my other post. If you have anything that helped you out the most on your spiritual journey, please let me know.

34 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

@Someone here

The whole highway thing is not a very good argument against solipsism. Have you ever played a first-person shooter? Do you actually believe that there are NPC’s shooting your character in the back when you are not looking? Do you believe that when you turn your character away from cars on a highway like on GTA V that they are still there? Notice that it is complete imagination. All other minds on GTA V are concept and imagination, including your own.

Go play GTA V on first-person mode and walk on the highway. Notice that other cars and your character do not exist. The whole video game is oneness. The duality of cars, humans, guns, etc. is concept and imagination. 

Consistency is what you are imagining. You are imagining a reality that you cannot unimagine. You are imagining the physical laws and physical reality and object permanence. In a video game, it is Pure Nothing manifesting as something. That is the illusion of reality. All there is, is just a blank screen. Do you understand now the real depth to solipsism? You are in GTA V right now! But that is not what you call it. It is instead called reality.

I can't go play GTA.  GTA is a concept and imagination. It's not around me right now therefore it doesn't exist anywhere. So I can't buy one or install one. Because that's also concepts and imagination.  You are getting lost in concepts and imagination bro.. Talk direct experience please ?

-Osho

23 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

How have you had the realization? It would be nice if I could do it without using a substance. I am learning about Transcendental Meditation in my other post. If you have anything that helped you out the most on your spiritual journey, please let me know.

I will PM you but meditation can work.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Someone here

LMAO! You don’t understand. Life is being lost in concepts and imagination! Tada! 

Life is a dream that you believe exists. I was doing the exact same thing you were doing. I guess when I respond to your concept and imagination, I will inevitably be in concept and imagination. All the highways you imagine are concepts and to illustrate that they are concepts is also concept.

Imagination exists. You are That.

Edited by r0ckyreed

2 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

@Someone here

LMAO! You don’t understand. Life is being lost in concepts and imagination! Tada! Your life never existed. It was all just a dream.

Life is a dream that you believe exists. I was doing the exact same thing you were doing. I guess when I respond to your concept and imagination, I will inevitably be in concept and imagination. All the highways you imagine are concepts and to illustrate that they are concepts is also concept.

Imagination exists. You are That.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

GTA is a concept and imagination. It's not around me right now therefore it doesn't exist anywhere. So I can't buy one or install one. Because that's also concepts and imagination.

That’s just more concept and imagination within more concept and imagination. You are imagining that since GTA is not perceived, it doesn’t exist anywhere. You are imagining stores ceasing to exist, and you are imagining not being able to buy a game. You are imagining not being able to install. 

Do you get this, or are you just trolling? Lol :D 

Edited by r0ckyreed

30 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Do you get this, or are you just trolling? Lol

Well if I'm trolling then your whole thread you've been trolling as well because I just said exactly what you've been saying over and over. 

You are talking to a concept and imagination right now trying to tell him that he is a concept and imagination.. You are Infinitely hilarious bro.   No solipsist actually takes his philosophy seriously.. If you literally believe you are the only conscience.. It must follow that you stop talking to everyone because you are fully aware that we are literally just a bunch of dream characters or NPC zombies.   The very fact that you are talking to others on this forum disproves your entire subject. 

Take care. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

@r0ckyreed

22 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Yeah medical marijuana license down in Oklahoma lol. Oklahoma is the last place you would think that would pass medical marijuana.

Its so easy to get a medical marijuana license.

Wait, which hospital gives medical marijuana? What do you need for a medical marijuana license? I heard that marijuana has healing properties, but has marijuana introduced this state of solipsism to you?