RedLine

Can pure awareness/One be experienced?

16 posts in this topic

Can awareness without any object be experienced?

For example, coma or Emptiness meditation can't be experienced.

According to the Buddha and Nagarjuna no, Absolute and Relative are the same, so Consciusness is always conditioned by objects. There isn't awareness without objects. The Absolute doesn't exist. The Buddha denies that there are some God/Love/Absolute ontological principle. Indeed, he strongly fight this previous veda absolutistic point of views.

Edited by RedLine

Of course.

You misunderstand Buddhism and the Buddha.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

23 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You misunderstand Buddhism and the Buddha.

No. Buddha original teachings (theravada buddhism) is not what mainstream commentators think. I study the topic from the most advance researchers and that is what they conclude. I can share with you the sources.

Buddha strongly fight spiritual Absolutism.

Edited by RedLine

Buddha point of view about God would be something like what you called God is still an experienced (can be noted). Give to this experience an ontological status is methafisical thinking, not experience. This is the most honest and radical way to understand reality. The tricks of mind are infinite. Absolutism has some degree of wishful thinking when not power purposes.

I sceptic about this point of view, just exposing it.

@RedLine Forget Buddhism. It's just words. Focus your attention on pursuing truth directly, via no human words.

You are wasting your time in intellectual delusions.

All human words are bullshit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

44 minutes ago, RedLine said:

I study the topic from the most advance researchers and that is what they conclude

hahahah

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Are you sure you can derive truths like that from books and then just be done? What if the books are wrong? What if their best interprations of the Buddhas teachings are wrong? How could yoy know? 

3 hours ago, RedLine said:

For example, coma or Emptiness meditation can't be experienced.

Objectless meditation is nothing like a coma state. It's about ignoring all form but remaining fully conscious.

Achieve perfect concentration with that particular practice and see what happens.

Edited by Fran11

2 hours ago, Fran11 said:

Objectless meditation is nothing like a coma state. It's about ignoring all form but remaining fully conscious.

Achieve perfect concentration with that particular practice and see what happens.

It's also important to note that the Mahasi tradition teaches us to systematically develop the ability to access nibbana, aka cessation or fruition. Many people, including myself, have trained in this way, and their reports are remarkably consistent; there is no experience in nibbana. You simply lose consciousness. I realize this isn't very romantic, and I apologize for being such a bubble-burster, but there it is. 

Kenneth Folk

Yes it can, I have experienced it before. It's called turiya in Hindu philosophy.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

51 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Yes it can, I have experienced it before. It's called turiya in Hindu philosophy.

You have the memory of that experience, so there there was somebody/something there to experience that experience, so whatever it was you went through it was not One/Pure awareness.

Edited by RedLine

23 hours ago, RedLine said:

You have the memory of that experience, so there there was somebody/something there to experience that experience, so whatever it was you went through it was not One/Pure awareness.

Not necessarily.  One can become Pure Awareness and then the finite ego returns and has a memory of it.  The memory, of course, isn't IT.  But ultimately due to Oneness there is only one thing here all the time.  There is only Awareness and all there ever was was Awareness.  It just tricks itself into thinking it is the ego, only to wake up to itself, then back into the trick but now different because it remembers what it is.  Its just a game God plays with itself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

40 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Not necessarily.  One can become Pure Awareness and then the finite ego returns and has a memory of it.  The memory, of course, isn't IT.  But ultimately due to Oneness there is only one thing here all the time.  There is only Awareness and all there ever was was Awareness.  It just tricks itself into thinking it is the ego, only to wake up to itself, then back into the trick but now different because it remembers what it is.  Its just a game God plays with itself.

At the beginning of the journey, you thought you were your thoughts. Then you started to note/be aware of you thought and realized you weren't that, you realize there are deep stuff. The same happens with that experiences, you are sure that it is Ultimate Reality but it isn't because you can note it.

There are another argument: If One/Pure Awareness could see itself, why would it create Relative?. Why aren't we eternally in that Pure Awareness that you are mentioning?

2 hours ago, RedLine said:

At the beginning of the journey, you thought you were your thoughts. Then you started to note/be aware of you thought and realized you weren't that, you realize there are deep stuff. The same happens with that experiences, you are sure that it is Ultimate Reality but it isn't because you can note it.

There are another argument: If One/Pure Awareness could see itself, why would it create Relative?. Why aren't we eternally in that Pure Awareness that you are mentioning?

The answer is Infinity but that probably doesn't do much for you.  But it's like asking why is there something rather than nothing.

Infinity is a strange loop.  You are Pure Infinity but at the same time you are finite.   Something IS nothing.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@RedLine why would you stay in cheat mode forever alone? Life is here for a reason and this you can become concious of. In the Absolute state of conciousness you are alone. No world no others just pure awareness/Godhead, which give rise to This.

You are arguing about something you have no experience of. Better to stop mental masturbation and look at your experience without assumptions.  Try to be in a state of not knowing. 

Maybe a insight will hit you out of the blue.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius