Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montecristo

Can any of you math nerds decipher this??

5 posts in this topic

I get the sense that it's just arbitrary mental masturbation but not mathematically sophisticated enough to say that. Is there anything to this, if so what? The part about everything and nothing was intriguing for sure.

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

I am a math buff. These are just common patterns.

Sum of digits divisible by 9 is always divisible by 9. Proof can be found online quite easily.

(n-2)x180 is the sum of all angles in a polygon. So since 180 is divisible by 9, all sum of angles in a polygon is divisible by 9 too. 

Similarly, 3 works like this too. 

Sum of digits divisible by 3 is always divisible by 3. 

Take any number not divisible by 7 and divide it by 7, you will always get recurring digits of 857142 not necessary starting with 8 though.

When a number 45 is divided by 2, it gives 22.5 (Technically 45 is not an even number so it is not divisible by 2) According to the video, they change 22.5 into 225.

So in other words, a 45 if changed to 450 is 45x10=45x2x5=450

450/2=225=45x5

Of course the number will always be able to divide by 9 because they are taking the number multiply by 10 first, then divide by 2.

Edited by hyruga

Yeah the whole adding the two numbers of the sum together just seems totally arbitrary and ungrounded. Like saying poop o'clock + dairycow = 9. Am I wrong? 

How is this derived as significant??

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

11 hours ago, montecristo said:

Yeah the whole adding the two numbers of the sum together just seems totally arbitrary and ungrounded. Like saying poop o'clock + dairycow = 9. Am I wrong? 

How is this derived as significant??

There's proof of it online.

https://proofwiki.org/wiki/Divisibility_by_9

Example: 27

27 / 9 = 3

27 = 2(10) + 7 = 2(9+1)+7= 2(9)+2+7 = 2+7 (mod 9)