Intraplanetary

Why try doing anything in life if you end up realising all is meaningless?

41 posts in this topic

Beauty is recognizing something as it is

Aloneness is the source of all creation. 

Genesis 27:27-29

The meaninglessness makes it so darn meaningful. 

When I was a boy I loved to explore creeks. I would spend hours and hours immersed in the exploration - in awe of dragonflies, turtles, frogs. . . and those water striders! . . . Only an adult would ask "What is the meaning of this?". No kid would ask that question. And if during my exploration an adult asked me "What is the meaning of this?", I would have seen them as an intruder. The question makes no sense and it ruins it. When I was a kid I thought adults were crazy. Other kids wanted to grow up, but I didn't want to become like grown ups. They are they one's that programmed ideas of "being someone", "becoming successful", "being productive", "meaning" into me. I continuously need to detox it out of me. 

When I'm with my young nieces we make up spontaneous nonsensical creations - for no reason. Sometimes their mother tries to play along and asks "What's the point of this?". She means well, yet she ruins it. The point is, there is no point. That's the freedom and magic of Here and Now. 

24 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Man that is all some deep truths there my man.  And your awakening sounds a lot like mine.   That's awesome.   And i totally get the paradoxical nature - i have felt all the same feelings.  All of them.   Actually after my awakenings i was afraid of going insane for a while  - with ego death and losing the sense of self..(and due to the seeming contradiction between ego and God).so i actually put the focus back on the ego for a while.  See the thing is - i came to grasp That's its OK to embrace the imaginary ego as well as your True self.  Just in a much more conscious way.  And i know you have probably heard this before around here but think of it as a video game - when you play a video game you know the game isn't real - but yet you still enjoy the game and try to do the best you can in the game.  Why? Just for the sake of the game.  The fact that is a game in that case makes it even more glorious.  That's kinda how reality works.  Its OK to embrace the ego - its the only way you will really be able to enjoy this life.  At the same time you can still minimize selfishness and show compassion for others.  And you can still bask in the Truth as well, as it is always present :)  but you need passion and drive in this life to put you into a position where you can enjoy just sitting and basking in the present moment.  I would try to steer away from seeking another mystical experience though - it will just happen on its own like it did before.  I know that's easier said then done - when you realize that God exists it is quite a thing.  Just my take of course.  

@Inliytened1 Thanks, many good points. I think I have this negative meaning attached to ego and I want to transcend it as soon as possible cause I see it as rather an obstacle to awakening. But perhaps, I should embrace it and look at in a more refreshing and playful way.

And I really would like to make friends with my ego but it tricks me so much I'm always on guard. And always after pushing hard, staying on track, working on improving my body and soul, I experience soul crashing backlashes. So I feel like my ego is my enemy, not a friend to play with. 

Do you think maybe I'm too serious of a player? When I eat healthy, I eat extremely healthy, providing my body with the best nutrition though someone could say it's too restrictive. However, the purest cleanest diet gives me the best bodily and mental feeling and power. On other areas as well, I'm setting boundaries and goals for improving myself and I try to work hard because this is what it takes, right? 

Or should I be more relaxed and see this self-actualisation business more lightheartedly? What's the right approach? I remember Leo saying ego is the enemy but during these years seeing my ego as the enemy hasn't got me too far... I want to make friends with my ego but I can't trust it. It's a master in f@ucking me up after every serious attempt towards actualising. I've been getting very tired of this. 

softly into the Abyss...

@Forestluv Man, you said it beautifully. Love your personal example from childhood. 

48 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

The point is, there is no point. That's the freedom and magic of Here and Now. 

All theses paradoxes blow my mind...

softly into the Abyss...

22 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

And I really would like to make friends with my ego but it tricks me so much 

This is the whole key right here.  Embracing your ego while at the same time becoming more and more conscious of the deceptions of your mind so that you can elude self deception.  This is a work in progress but the more conscious you become of your own self deceptions the better off you will be.

22 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

@Inliytened1 

Do you think maybe I'm too serious of a player? When I eat healthy, I eat extremely healthy, providing my body with the best nutrition though someone could say it's too restrictive. However, the purest cleanest diet gives me the best bodily and mental feeling and power. On other areas as well, I'm setting boundaries and goals for improving myself and I try to work hard because this is what it takes, right? 

Or should I be more relaxed and see this self-actualisation business more lightheartedly? What's the right approach? I remember Leo saying ego is the enemy but during these years seeing my ego as the enemy hasn't got me too far... I want to make friends with my ego but I can't trust it. It's a master in f@ucking me up after every serious attempt towards actualising. I've been getting very tired of this. 

Again you must strike a balance.  Anything i have ever accomplished in life took me becoming obsessed with it and going all the way.  Do or die.  That is what it takes.  Yet simultaneously you do need to relax and not be so hard on yourself.   Your awakening should tell you that in the end its all just for fun so relax and enjoy.  Failures will come and thats OK.  That's how you grow.  Take the negative with the positive.  Finding balance is an ongoing process.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Forestluv When I was a kid I'd spend endless hours moving sand from one end of the sandbox to the other with a Tonka truck and infinite imagination. Life was complete as it was. No meaning. Just happening.

17 minutes ago, cetus said:

moving sand from one end of the sandbox to the other with a Tonka truck and infinite imagination

this is some deep stuff. 

softly into the Abyss...

32 minutes ago, Intraplanetary said:

this is some deep stuff. 

It's amazing what you can do with a little sand and infinite imagination.

@Intraplanetary sit and truly inquire "why there's form rather than formlessness?". Why does consciousness goes out of its way to imagine all these experiences in the first place?

Let go of everything you know and hold to be true and sacred. Even all the knowledge and experience you have from non duality.

The ultimate answer is TO BE. To understand that deeply you need to inquire this seriously. Then you'll understand why to live and why to play the game at all.

Basically, nihilism flowers into existential-nihilism which is really open-ended. Nonduality is beyond that.

Edited by Pouya

4 hours ago, Intraplanetary said:

@Leo Gura hey, thanks for giving me this new perspective... I haven't realised my mind attaches negative meaning to meaninglessness. it just felt natural.

Thanks, it's a lot to think about 

@Intraplanetary Don't think... BE...

Nothing wrong with building sand castles in the sand, knowing that it will soon be washed away. 

You could only say that life lacks inherent meaning if you affirm the existence of an objective reality. 

With no objective reality from which meaning is absent, any meaning you derive from life is necessarily veridical. 

It's like the color blue. You could only say that blue isn't inherently existing if you think of objective reality as the real reality. If you instead recognize experience as the real reality (and objective reality as the imaginary one)  blue's metaphysical status thereby becomes real and "inherent". So it is with meaning

21 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Man that is all some deep truths there my man.  And your awakening sounds a lot like mine.   That's awesome.   And i totally get the paradoxical nature - i have felt all the same feelings.  All of them.   Actually after my awakenings i was afraid of going insane for a while  - with ego death and losing the sense of self..(and due to the seeming contradiction between ego and God).so i actually put the focus back on the ego for a while.  See the thing is - i came to grasp That's its OK to embrace the imaginary ego as well as your True self.  Just in a much more conscious way.  And i know you have probably heard this before around here but think of it as a video game - when you play a video game you know the game isn't real - but yet you still enjoy the game and try to do the best you can in the game.  Why? Just for the sake of the game.  The fact that is a game in that case makes it even more glorious.  That's kinda how reality works.  Its OK to embrace the ego - its the only way you will really be able to enjoy this life.  At the same time you can still minimize selfishness and show compassion for others.  And you can still bask in the Truth as well, as it is always present :)  but you need passion and drive in this life to put you into a position where you can enjoy just sitting and basking in the present moment.  I would try to steer away from seeking another mystical experience though - it will just happen on its own like it did before.  And if it doesn't that's OK.  All is still divine. I know that's easier said then done - when you realize that God exists it is quite a thing.  Just my take of course.  

Great advice bro! 

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Notice that you are giving meaninglessness a negative meaning, which is not true meaninglessness.

If you do nothing and don't try, that is just as meaningless. Except you will be miserable.

This is SO true. 

People hear everything is meaningless and automatically assume that’s negative. 

it’s not . 

In reality, it’s the greatest gift & gives us complete freedom to enjoy life and do what we want. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

20 minutes ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Great advice bro! 

Thanks long time no speak brother :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

On 13/10/2020 at 11:14 PM, Intraplanetary said:

Why really try to be and do your best, endure discomfort on yourself by exercising, working hard and avoid pleasures when in the higher stages, in particular construct-aware stage, you realise that there is no inherent meaning in life?

It's a good trick the ego plays isn't it? Equating meaning with motivation. It's also a good trick to equate motivation with doing stuff. Meaning, motivation and doing are not necessarily connected.

All stories and explanations are false.

6 hours ago, ravlondon said:

Nothing wrong with building sand castles in the sand, knowing that it will soon be washed away. 

love this 

softly into the Abyss...

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

It's a good trick the ego plays isn't it? Equating meaning with motivation. It's also a good trick to equate motivation with doing stuff. Meaning, motivation and doing are not necessarily connected.

It plays too many tricks. The more I've been diving into the work of self actualisation, the more I've been feeling confused and tripped over by my ego.  
I had to take time and learn about confusion and accept that it's an inherent part of this work

softly into the Abyss...

21 hours ago, WisdomSeeker said:

@Intraplanetary Don't think... BE...

This requires questioning and deep thinking. I can't understand how my mind attaches meaning to everything by being. it takes contemplation // self-reflection.

softly into the Abyss...