SamC

What is sadhguru's personality type?

25 posts in this topic

I remember Leo saying in a thread that personality is different from the ego and that we therefor could benefit from knowing our personality type. ( which implies that we all have one even if we are enlightend).

Soo... what do you think sadhgurus personality is ( mbti, enegram, the big five ect) ? Did it change after his enlightenment? Is his personality fluid? Can he be whatever personality type he wants... how do you define a personality type of an enlightened being? ( I mean he doesn't even sleep lmao)

Furthermore, what the fuck is the personality then if it's not the ego? Is it the higher self?  ( I mean the thing that does not change). There are so many questions yet so few answers. I'm looking forward too hear your thoughts on the matter! (:

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

when i saw him live he said he has this strong ability to make the energy crackle around him.

Edited by Rolo

8 minutes ago, Rolo said:

when i saw him live he said he has this strong ability to make the energy crackle around him.

What the fuck does that even mean ???. So amazing. Did you feel his presense? Was It a special experience in that sense?

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

ENFJ? LOLOLOL, NOO! He is ISTP. He is definitely using Se, he has same rough eye gaze as Martin Ball ;) (also ISTP) He is Rambo kind of guy :ph34r: He is overdoing Fe. He is heavily emoting but there is no fine tuning - it's on or off.

What is also very visible he doesn't like theoretical stuff - Ne blindspot. He prefers more tangible stuff.

Edited by Username

Almost everyone is out of balance / fragmented from the whole and MBTI tells you where your imbalance lies. 

Sadhguru has transcended the dichotomies laid down by MBTI.  He is an example of Wholeness embodied.

• He is strong at both Intuition (big-picture thinking, connecting diverse dots) and Sensing (is known for his driving skills and knows how to fly a helicopter)
  • The classic definitions of Introvert and Extrovert do not apply to an enlightened person. What is within and what is without?

@Carl-Richard Don't trust everything you read on the Internet. :P

3 hours ago, Himanshu said:

@Carl-Richard Don't trust everything you read on the Internet. :P

Did I explictly say that I trust it?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

22 hours ago, SamC said:

I remember Leo saying in a thread that personality is different from the ego and that we therefor could benefit from knowing our personality type. ( which implies that we all have one even if we are enlightend).

Leo might have said it, but how do you know it is true?

I keep doubting MBTI more and more...

He's a bit more difficult to figure out than most, but probably an ISTP (or possibly ESTP).

He definitely enjoys being the main talker in group, and being the centre of attention.  Being on stage I imagine gives him energy.  Though he's not the type who would go to others for help, he'd try to figure it out himself.  So overall likely more I than E.  

Definitely S as he's not at all the intellectual type and has difficulty seeing the big picture intellectually.

T as he tries to be more objective and informative than careful not to offend.

Lastly, P is probably more likely than J given his "carefree" and "accepting" nature.  Though he's definitely judging and full of irrational beliefs.  Like..  so many beliefs that you'd think he's stage green, it's just that, due to advancing up the stages so fast, he doesn't display them (i.e.  didn't spend long enough in orange or yellow to still be interested in learning/models/systems, as is often the case with celebrity Turquoists..). 

(I wouldn't be surprised if he DIDN'T need to become rich and successful when he went past orange.)

Edited by nitramadas

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

17 hours ago, SamC said:

What the fuck does that even mean ???. So amazing. Did you feel his presense? Was It a special experience in that sense?

i feel a strong connection with that guy, i was listening to him before he had this level of fame.

1 hour ago, Himanshu said:

MBTI is a model, and all models are limited by definition. It is useful where it applies, and useless / misleading where it does not apply. 

@Carl-RichardDon't share information you don't trust yourself. :P

Oh well, I have around 1600 posts and I barely even trust myself, so there goes that... The reason I posted the link to the site is because I wanted to be somewhat clear that it's only according to that site. You can't really probe my level of trust/certainty when I didn't write anything else. When I say that I doubt MBTI, I mean that I keep seeing more of its limitations.

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 14/10/2020 at 11:08 PM, Username said:

Personality is structure, ego is content.

Not really sure about that.

IMG_20201019_175814.jpg

IMG_20201019_175942.jpg

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Gesundheit

Maybe it would be more accurate to write: personality is structure, ego is content and structure. However content always has an embedded structure.

You are born with a certain personality type - this is a kind of energetic structure. An infant doesn't have much experiences and opinions (content). You may have same personality type but different opinions because of cultural background/upbringing.

Edited by Username

He drives a motorcycle. ISTP. :)

MBTI maps cognitive functions (structure)

BIg-5 maps behaviour (content)

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

12 hours ago, integral said:

MBTI maps cognitive functions (structure)

BIg-5 maps behaviour (content)

The cognitive functions describe behavior. You don't have to impose the structure vs. content duality on everything.