samurai

Google is biased.It pushes an agenda.

53 posts in this topic

Google algorithms work on feedback loops. They show what people like to see.

You would have to see the data with your own eyes to believe. I don't work at Google, but I work on another company that uses data to make decisions. In fact, I am one of the data scientists making machines learn by themselves.

unborn Truth

2 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

You would have to see the data with your own eyes to believe. I don't work at Google, but I work on another company that uses data to make decisions. In fact, I am one of the data scientists making machines learn by themselves.

Ah finally an educated opinion :D 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

They show what people like to see.

Just like the mind ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Yes but they can also filter what Information feeds through or is available, am i right? I’ve compared the searches with other search engines and found this to be true. 

theres a pretty good Paul chek podcast with dr Joseph mercola talking about this: 

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

Yes but they can also filter what Information feeds through or is available, am i right? I’ve compared the searches with other search engines and found this to be true.

Filtering is not the only thing that makes the results of search engines differ from each other. The learning algorithms themselves are the big daddies at play.

Good luck on trying to filter out racism or any other toxic human behavior. You'd probably have a better chance trying to come up with a heuristic or a model that gives lower weights to content that have higher probabilities of being toxic. But again, I don't work at Google or any other company that ranks search results. I deal with other kinds of problems.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya I think it’s kind of foolish to assume that would be the purpose LOL 

But sorry I don’t know the purpose of this thread LOL as far as what the agenda is suggested to be

It’s filtered by what is determined to be dangerous info for people, say if there’s hidden truths people could be suspicious about. Sometimes you can’t get what you’re looking for so it’s best to use other engines that don’t use coverups to filter what people think. All the major companies and corporations are in this together as a support structure 

The only thing I get pissed about with Google is when I'm searching for information on a topic and I'm met with a brick wall of search results consisting of pop journalism and opinion pieces. To be able to sift through the garbage quickly, it's a skill to have and I need to develop. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao switch to DuckDuckGo, google is fooling people all over the place, it’s trash unless you know exactly what you’re looking for. 

@ajasatya apologize for the lazy reply I was in a rush. 

2 hours ago, ajasatya said:

Filtering is not the only thing that makes the results of search engines differ from each other. The learning algorithms themselves are the big daddies at play.

But this is where the corruption happens. Brainwash! Trust google! Push push push the truths enforcing the power structures in place 

Whiteness is unfortunately thought of as default. So, if you specify the race of a white person, you're likely to have images of people of color in there too. Because their whiteness is only mentioned in relation to non-whiteness.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

2 hours ago, DrewNows said:

@lmfao switch to DuckDuckGo, google is fooling people all over the place, it’s trash unless you know exactly what you’re looking for. 

@ajasatya apologize for the lazy reply I was in a rush. 

But this is where the corruption happens. Brainwash! Trust google! Push push push the truths enforcing the power structures in place 

I use Ecosia, a search engine that plants trees. But you cannot avoid selection bias on data that easily.

Try to build a simple recommendation system that has no "corruption", whatever you mean by that word. If you know enough statistics, you will face a very a thick wall soon enough.

unborn Truth

Oh no, I'm being manipulated into thinking that white women could be happy with a black guy.  The horror... the horror.  

2 hours ago, ajasatya said:

I use Ecosia, a search engine that plants trees

interesting! 

A highly regulated interface, breaching privacy and taking away personal freedom, look at these time stamps from the podcast i shared above:

Dr. Mercola’s website has been around longer than Google. (3:00)

Ask any health question on Google and you’ll get results from three websites owned by ad agencies. (13:31)

The products Google uses to track you. (19:52)

Could COVID-19 have been bioengineered? (30:46)

Statins: The most popular and profitable drugs ever made. (47:54)

Drug companies buy influence through medical journals. (49:52)

Be cautious about using Wi-Fi enabled devices like Alexa. (1:05:56)

Re-enforcing people’s biases through technology. (1:15:00)

Losing personal freedoms. (1:22:24)

Could tinnitus be connected to EMF exposure? (1:31:30)

Alternatives to get rid of Google in your life. (1:34:51)

How a VPN (virtual private network) works. (1:42:26)

Time-restricted eating. (1:46:06)

The benefits of NAD (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide). (1:56:17)

Dr. Mercola’s favorite supplement. (2:04:46)