Spiral Wizard

chasing exciting meditation experiences

12 posts in this topic

I heard one should not chase magical experiences and meditate without expectations for miracles but I cannot stop my burning desire for them... any advice?

Is it even true that wanting makes it harder to actually get them?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

When you chase them, you don't get it. When you don't try, you might get there faster than you think.

What works for me is looking a point about 30 cm in front of your eyes in a half dark room. Look a bit unfocused at that point, and try to be concious of whatever happens. Let me know what happened :-)

What I like to remind myself is that if I ever experience anything like that, it'll not depend on me. Forcing it can hinder the process, because it tends to put you into the future. So, when I'm caught up in fantasies, I remind myself of the present moment and just relax into it. That's the only thing one can do.

Pursue the truth and you’ll find a magic miracle.

24 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Balance that out by using a dreamboard. 

I see you mention it many times. Do you mean a vision board?

The thing that is stopping you from experiencing mystical experiences is the belief that your current experience isn't mystical. Greedy bastard, life is mysical. Learn to recognize this and see how the mystical experiences will come to you.

Enlightenment is the most magical experience of them all! And it must be chased after. 

Not looking for the needle is not the same as finding the no-needle 

2 hours ago, Spiral Wizard said:

Is it even true that wanting makes it harder to actually get them?

As long as you think the magical experience is outside of you, then chasing it is just reinforcing the feeling of separate self, which is the very thing veiling over the mystical awareness. But don't worry, this is a perfectly normal stage on the path, check out Leo's video on the Zen Oxherding Pictures, you are looking for the Ox. One day you will get out of your own way and realise that the magic was you all along, the observer is the observed :)  Your burning desire is love looking for itself. 

@Spiral Wizard I‘ve been meditating for almost 4 years now and I had deeper experiences rather rarely. What I do have almost on a daily basis is an experience of inner silence, peace, content, stillness. For me that is much more worth than some strange experience every now and then. So just keep going and find pleasure in the small things??‍♂️