Breakingthewall

Question about 5 meo toxicity

19 posts in this topic

How toxic is the 5 meo DMT? if its toxicity were zero I would smoke a small dose every day, which would make my meditation much cleaner, and a dose of 15 mg every two weeks to make a foray into infinity. But I suppose that could have dire effects on my health. I feel that smoking 5 meo is aggressive for the lungs, for the brain I do not know, I have tried to investigate and I only found the case of a guy who said that after smoking about 3 grams in a year and a half (I think I remember) he had had serious problems respiratory symptoms during sleep, which the doctors told him was asthma but he was sure it was something neurological, after stopping consuming the problem disappeared. I've read that Martin Ball suffers from severe insomnia, but he says it's not caused by 5 meo. is there scientific evidence about its toxicity? Long term consumers?

Taking 5-MeO-DMT every day is excessive and can't be recommended, especially if you are vaporizing it. Save it for more occasional use, keep it special. I agree that vaporizing it is aggressive for the lungs. It's better to plug or sniff it.

If you want to microdose, try something more common and tested like mushrooms or LSD.

Even though it's been around for a long time, 5-MeO-DMT isn't close to as extensively field tested as the more common psychedelics, so taking it chronically is really unexplored territory. Also, it seems that (unlike LSD and mushrooms) it's possible to have a fatal overdose on 5-MeO-DMT, but that's not completely clear. A few people have died taking toad venom - but it's hard to tell if that's from other chemicals in the venom, or mishandling by sketchy shamans, or the 5-MeO-DMT itself.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Thanks for the advertisements, I know that it's not a good idea since there is not information, that's why I'm not doing, but a medium dose once a week is helping me a lot to get deeper in meditation. Since I had a breakthrough I have dissolution experiencies since 6 mg. I'm sure that there had been many who really abused of 5 meo, because in many countries is legal and easy to get, and there is many crazy people, and many people in general, so I guess that the lack of info means lack of bad effects, but it isn't sure. Look like agressive for the lungs, like burn, but if it's 99% of 5 meo, and vapor not really hot, since I smoke in a flask , idk why it's agressive. Despite all of that, I'm going to moderate the use since day by day the meditation alone is getting deeper and easyer, but 5 meo helps a lot, it's like a booster. But start a dependence is always a bad idea

3 hours ago, Bulgarianspirit said:

Bro it's literally toad venom.. As for the synthetic version idk, but there are lighter psychedelics good for meditation shrooms, lsd.. People microdose them all the time. 5 meo a few years apart sure... But often? 

People have died from 5meo, so caution is advised. Lower doses seem to be safer as well for 5 meo 

https://erowid.org/chemicals/5meo_dmt/5meo_dmt_death.shtml

I mean sintetic 5 meo . About the toad, I think the bufotenine , another component of the venum , increase a lot the blood pressure and some accidents happened because that. Despite this I think that chamans like Octavio reitig smoked toad venum like 10 thousand of times. The danger with 5 meo happens if you overdose. Some cases of cessation of the breathing be been reported, but in intermedium dosage look safe. About long term use... impossible to find any report of damage, secondary effects, etc. In my case I could say that in 2 month of bit habitual use, more than 10 times, but only 3 breakthrough, I could say I feel better than ever , I sleep better than ever and I increase my conciousness more than i could imagine in a short time. It doesn't means that if you keep doing for a year for example, the way is going to be the same. 

@Breakingthewall please keep us posted with how this goes. People like you are rare, so it's really valuable information to share with the world.

3 hours ago, outlandish said:

It's better to plug or sniff it.

Is it really safe for the nose to sniff it? My limited online research tells me pretty much any solid sniffed in your nose will damage it long-term but it could depend on the type of substance that is sniffed. 

@4201 it seems safer to me than putting it in your lungs, but I imagine you could indeed damage your nose if you abused it via that ROA. Still, I'd rather damage my nose than my lungs if I was hypothetically to abuse a drug.

Not a good idea to take it daily.

Of course vaping harms the lungs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I plugged in 3 month about 20 times low dose. no breakthrough. effects get stronger due to better technique

I feel very good so far during normal day, hearing music is now more energized, like my brain gets electrical. this effect comes from 5 meo, because directly after the trip is over hearing music explode my mind

Absolutely amazing. total worth 

Sure it's absolutely bad idea do it every day, but it's a big temptation do it often (like once a week) because most of the times you get like a satori. I don't mean a big dose like smoke 16 mg, that kill your ego, i did but I'm really lazy to do it again, I will but in time. I mean medium doses like 6,7,8 even 10 mg , that open a door (only if you already had a ego death at least once , before I didn't get almost nothing with small dosage). You could be in the middle of the time and no time, shifting from one to another, or see how your mind expand , and the limits dissolved, but keeping absolute control, even perceive the black hole of the void , infinite, same time that you perceive the world of the shapes. Every experience like that is like a gift. It's like a year of meditation, and are really beautiful, real. 

@Breakingthewall Relying on a chemical to sustain your consciousness is a terrible long-term strategy. You must find ways to get the same effect naturally. Otherwise you will always be a slave to that chemical.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Breakingthewall Relying on a chemical to sustain your consciousness is a terrible long-term strategy. You must find ways to get the same effect naturally. Otherwise you will always be a slave to that chemical.

O.o You said in another thread that psychedelics increase your consciousness by 1%. If you do psychedelics every day or every week, sounds super beneficial. 

Therefore after 100 trips you could go from normal person to enlightened. (jks)

I have found personally that you only grow from powerful psychedelic trips, not non powerful ones. The sort of trips that really shake you up and make you a bit insane. Are you talking specifically about just mid dose trips? The ones that feel good but nothing else? Or all trips are bad to rely on regularly? And why is it bad to rely on if it increases your consciousness probably more then lots of meditation sessions?

54 minutes ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura Do you feel there would be a point you'd stop tripping?

I'm not attached to it either way.

44 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

O.o You said in another thread that psychedelics increase your consciousness by 1%. If you do psychedelics every day or every week, sounds super beneficial.

That's right.

But there are costs.

Are you talking specifically about just mid dose trips? The ones that feel good but nothing else?

I never trip to feel good. Ever. Every trip has valuable existential insight. I tend to prefer heavy trips. I don't see much point in micro-dosing.

And why is it bad to rely on if it increases your consciousness probably more then lots of meditation sessions?

Because it becomes a crutch and you need to rewire your brain thru manual effort to go far in this work.

Building concentration ability is crucial for this work. You cannot succeed in this work without it. And psychedelics will not build your concentration ability. You need to reach a point where you can enter samadhi through sober concentration.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Because it becomes a crutch and you need to rewire your brain thru manual effort to go far in this work.

Right, psychological addiction

Like my original point was, if you have person A who meditates for 30 minutes a day and person B who vapes a 20-30 minute DMT trip every day and meditates while on that trip, person B will probably get enlightened 1000x more likely then person A. So taking psychedelics every day and doing it properly(not just fucking around on them but doing hardcore meditation and concentration on them) that sounds way better then just meditating. Of course not literally because your lungs will die, but if there was a healthy way of administration, sounds like the fastest way to get enlightened. Also the hardest because you'll go insane a lot.

If you meditate and do sober stuff I dont see how psychological addiction can become a problem. Definitely can if you dont do sober stuff.

based on your videos, the only thing I can infer as problems with doing this every day is going insane or misinterpreting your trips and getting deluded. 

Edited by electroBeam

43 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

based on your videos, the only thing I can infer as problems with doing this every day is going insane or misinterpreting your trips and getting deluded.

There are more problems than that. Don't forget the body's health.

Stop framing this as a mutually exclusive thing. You must do both. And don't do psychedelics daily. I only did them daily for specific experiments. I would never make that a chronic habit. That would go against core principles of personal development.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Absolutely agree. For me 5 meo is being the door to the real meditation, but I'm sure that in not a long time is going to be less and less necessary

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Leo Gura I've found that to be true too. I still think Kriya is the strongest for rewiring the body.

Have you found any new methods?