Someone here

How to have a mystical experience?!

45 posts in this topic

-Without using psychedelics.  ?Can't obtain  them. (if anyone can help me out with obtaining them please PM me). 

-I know every experience is a mystical experience Bla bla. 

-via meditation alone..i was able to detach from conceptual reality and was able to experience my true essence as raw as possible.  But couldn't achieve altered states of consciousness. 

Did some research.. Found some methods like sleep deprivation (it makes you hallucinate or start dreaming while awake lol).  Sensory deprivation like sitting in a dark room for days not seeing any light. Etc 

Any tips or techniques to achieve altered states of consciousness (also Paranormal phenomenon such as out of body Astral projection etc).. Please share.   

Thanks. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Any practice done extensively can induce a mystical experience. Do what you're most comfortable and experienced with.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Stop constructing and start deconstructing.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

The first "mystical" experience in adulthood which i can remember was after listening to a lot of Eckhart Tolle talks and then observing nature.

Seeing Tree's in a different light.

Maybe the classic will work: go to the mountain or natural place alone the necessary days to meditate all day with little food, until the mystical experience appears

@Someone here Without substances, I would say shamanic/holotropic breathing is the most accessible for a quais mystical experience. Ime, other methods take a lot more effort such as long distance running, lucid dream training, extending time in nature or yoga, meditation retreats.

With non-psychedelic substances, I've gone relatively far combining cannabis edibles with isolation in nature, sensory deprivation tanks and yin yoga. 

Ime, part of the 'trick' is dissolving the personal story, the timeline and one's relationship to reality. Without psychedelics, this is really difficult. Most people just can't 'turn it off'. Consider how many self reenforcing inputs you have everyday. Hundreds of them - every minute on social media, one's job, one's responsibilities, one's relationships, self referential thinking. All that stuff doesn't get turned off like a switch with a 30min. meditation session. 

I'm fortunate in that I've been able to isolate for months at a time. After a few weeks removed, the mind starts 'forgetting' about the story of 'me' and recurring mind patterns. I spent a month in a remote area of Belize and became so immersed in Here and Now, I started forgetting who I was. Someone asked me "what do you do?" and I replied "I ride a bicycle through the village and meet people". It took effort for me to recall "my" story and it felt so distant - like a character in a movie. This detached mindset allowed for all sorts of new insights and 'mystical' experiences. Remember, a 'mystical experience' is just a state of consciousness relative to regular everyday 'non-mystical' experiences. It is the contrast that makes it seem 'mystical'. 

I would recommend trying all the practices at least 4-5 times to see which ones work best for you. For me, they can all create mystical experiences with enough intensity. Even just living life, with enough awareness, you can have a mystical experience just through being aware of life itself. 

Methods such as:

Meditation/Awareness/Beingness

Contemplation/Self-inquiry 

Observation

Concentration

Visualization

Prayer

Shamanic Breathing

Yoga

Learning/Reading/Listening to masters 

Living life with awareness/Put your knowledge into practice

Selflessness/Love

Lucid Dreaming

Astral Projection

Energy/Kundalini Meditations

Happiness

Contemplating/experiencing Suffering 

And others.

LOOK closely and see if 'you' can pin point the individual who wants to have mystical experiences.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Go check out Rupert Spiras guided meditations and self-inquiry. He has alot of different ways you can look at "yourself" and perhaps if youre lucky get a glimpse. :) 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Here's one specifically on astral projection. This guy Vishuddha Das has also done other ones on lucid dreaming etc. I've tried but I'm not a natural at this type of practice.  Please tell us how you get on :) 

Edited by silene

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Appreciate it.  

I guess I will go for an isolation retreat.  Perhaps I will try a sensory deprivation room. Silent meditation combined with shamanic breathing and some chanting.   

-Osho

23 hours ago, erik8lrl said:

I would recommend trying all the practices at least 4-5 times to see which ones work best for you. For me, they can all create mystical experiences with enough intensity. Even just living life, with enough awareness, you can have a mystical experience just through being aware of life itself. 

Methods such as:

Meditation/Awareness/Beingness

Contemplation/Self-inquiry 

Observation

Concentration

Visualization

Prayer

Shamanic Breathing

Yoga

Learning/Reading/Listening to masters 

Living life with awareness/Put your knowledge into practice

Selflessness/Love

Lucid Dreaming

Astral Projection

Energy/Kundalini Meditations

Happiness

Contemplating/experiencing Suffering 

And others.

And others = Psychedelics. Fastest way to have mystical experiences and breakthrough. You must have a certain degree of self-development first, before taking psychedelics. They are not for everyone.

@Vittorio I can't get my hands on some psychedelics.  Please PM me if you can help me out :)

-Osho

19 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Vittorio I can't get my hands on some psychedelics.  Please PM me if you can help me out :)

I cannot help you with that due to forum rules. I wrote this guide (I avoided any sourcing info, so you'll have to do your own researches). Check it out :)

Some other possibilities:

• Self hypnosis
  • Caffeine (large dose, probably unwise with a heart condition)
  • Nutmeg (again large dose)
  • Alcohol (medium dose)
  • Cannabis, I prefer edibles
  • Quieting mental chatter mostly through meditation
  • Meditative repetitive activity: walking in nature, running, painting, drawing, house chores, sex (ahaha)
  • Going to foreign places or anything away from normal life
  • Certain music. I like guitar music, must be my Spanish blood.
  • Adrenaline activities: base jumping, extreme ironing.
  • Performing rituals or being part of one
  • Dressing up, performing, acting, playing music in public, public speaking

Basically anything that gets you "out of yourself" or makes you more "present" and not lost in thought.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.