Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
UDT

How To Remember Trips?

14 posts in this topic

It seems impossible to take the insights under elevated consciousness and bring them back to safety so to speak.

Any tips?

For example I remember understanding strange loops in a big aha moment. 
But now I can solely try to remember that moment, it is fading away, and I dont understand it anymore. 
I was walking so I couldnt write, and my state was way to gone to type on my phone.

Its very frustrating that that stuff slips away.

I write stuff down but when I do I use very little words because their meaning is so profound. When I read it, Its hard to get all the juice out of it, because its not so expansive. But If I write more in the moment, I tend to erase it and write a simple word instead, which gives me the shiffers because its so profound.
But then again I cant capture that for ever. And I wouldnt be able to write conclusive stuff. 
On the comedown I usually have clearer thoughts, but its not as deep.

Whats the point of doing it, when knowledge is not sticking?

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Many understandings simply cannot be accessed from your current sober state of consciousness.

That is okay. The work here is two-fold:

1) You can still gain some insights which stick and can be remembers. Even if you lose 90%, you can still hold on to 10%, which is very significant.

2) You must work on raising your baseline state of consciousness. This is done through classic spiritual practices and also by deeply integrating and working to embody the lesson learned from psychedelics.

Psychedelics will transform you in subtle ways which are not necessary at the level of symbolic intellect or memory. You don't have to remember a trip to have it grow you. If you trip a lot, each trip will shift up your baseline by like 1%. After a hundred trips, it adds up. It's hard for me to go a day without noticing the Godness that is myself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Was the aha moment accompanied by a feeling? Is there an insight your mind can grab on and hold without the feeling? Or were they unequivocally one? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 hours ago, mandyjw said:

Was the aha moment accompanied by a feeling? Is there an insight your mind can grab on and hold without the feeling? Or were they unequivocally one? 

As I was thinking about some sort of derivative of "who am I" questions,
I followed my train of thought and I got from a to b to c to d to e and then to a again. 
And in this moment I instantly went o shit so life loopes upon itself. It was as clear as day, and the takeaway I have is that I am way more pragmatic and intuitive and way less philosophical.  Philosophy really is just childs play, and no wonder a lot of great people like Elon Musk went deep into philosophy at a young age and then moved on. 
You dont "become a philosopher", you study philosophy and then move on. 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

After a hundred trips, it adds up. It's hard for me to go a day without noticing the Godness that is myself.

It would be great to know your thoughts, but this trip kind of showed me how delusional the whole stage green is from a practical perspective, and that to make conscious money is the hard problem I need to attack before I excuse this leasure activity of seeing shapes and colors and whatnot for doing something meaningful.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

9 hours ago, UDT said:

It seems impossible to take the insights under elevated consciousness and bring them back to safety so to speak.

Any tips?

It’s because it is an attempt to bring the insights through a paradigm of time and memory which isn’t actual. Think of it this way, the awesomeness of the trip is the realizations, the insights - more acutely, the feeling of the experience of them. Those which are of the letting go, but which mind attributes to the substance as separate of the whole of experience, or, “the” now.  When you’re in the trip, the insights are arising from, of, and as, now - not in a past or future, not separate of the whole of experience, but “in” the now, during the trip. “Then”, “after the trip” (same whole of experience - no past or future has yet occurred)... there is thinking that there is a past, believing thoughts (memories)...which is the veiling of the very same now that is the very delight and source of insights of the trip. Writing them down (voice to text is easier when you’re tripping) no problem...”leaving now” for them has a discord to it, in feeling, because feeling = now. Because there is no past or future. Try to ‘take feeling off’ now, and ‘put feeling in a past or future’, and laugh about that you can not, and in that release, in the humor, “you” are “more” now, than when trying to bring “past” insights “into” now. 

A more simply communicated ‘tip’...commit to spending one entire day, letting every single thought that arises go, as in appear & disappear. You’ll notice in terms of breadth and feeling thoughts get more & more expansive and all encompassing. 

For example I remember understanding strange loops in a big aha moment. 
But now I can solely try to remember that moment, it is fading away, and I dont understand it anymore. 
I was walking so I couldnt write, and my state was way to gone to type on my phone.

Its very frustrating that that stuff slips away.

I write stuff down but when I do I use very little words because their meaning is so profound. When I read it, Its hard to get all the juice out of it, because its not so expansive. But If I write more in the moment, I tend to erase it and write a simple word instead, which gives me the shiffers because its so profound.
But then again I cant capture that for ever. And I wouldnt be able to write conclusive stuff. 
On the comedown I usually have clearer thoughts, but its not as deep.

Same ‘thing’. This... IS the “loop”! Applying thoughts about it will seem to cover it. Letting the thoughts go will seem to uncover it, because ‘It’, is you. Also (and I really hope you don’t take this personally) you can ‘cut through’ this matter of the desire to remember thoughts & insights with the simple phrase “I am enough, exactly as I am, Now”. (By cut through, I mean in terms of alignment, not cut through time and retrieve the insights). There will be tears, and joy, and this love. 

Whats the point of doing it, when knowledge is not sticking?

Seeing that knowledge is as illusory as the holder of it. 

The point of doing it is the same as anything else, it is only for the experience, and the only actual experience - is now. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You don't have to remember a trip to have it grow you.

Yep thats exactly what ive experienced too.

I use to take notes when tripping, but just stopped because i realised the notes were just a side effect or 'smoke' from the internal chimney which was how your perspective, approach to the path, changed. Why look at the notes when they are a layer above, a next level of dilution more, of the already change in perpective and angle at which you're tackling spirituality?

And surprisingly i found this to be true not just with psychedelic sessions, but with sessions with spiritual teachers, and meditation sessions.

Don't take note while tripping. 

This will turn on your mind and diminish your awareness and your intuition. 

Instead, try to use voice memos. 

The journaling part must be done after the trip ended by extracting Info from your voice memos and typing down what you remember outside the memos. 

Until then just focus on the trip and record your voice. 

Remember: it's impossible to remember everything. 

Don't try to note every insight you get. 

Just focus on the ones that are most compatibile with your trip intentions.

5meo brings about permanent change doesn't it?

Edited by Aaron p

The biggest trap I fell in was over-conceptualising the indefinable, it's hard to remember an ego-dissolving experience since what leaves with it is all your memories and sense of time/space which are all necessary prerequisites for a story to reside in your head or be told to others. I just don't find it useful to investigate these things through the lens of the intellectual mind, try to approach this with your intuition; with your heart, NOT your mind. Basic mindfulness is quite good for being more in touch with one's intuition if such a person is actively surrendering the mind. A lot of neuroses can also be bypassed by approaching it this way. A single thought cannot even touch emptiness. 

I got this from the book, LSD and the mind of the universe.

The author suggests within 48 hours of tripping you write a trip report. While writing the report listen to the music you listened to tripping. 

I've found this to be a complete game changer for remembering my trips. 

My life rule - for everything - is: If I don't remember it, it wasn't relevant enough. 

My life rule semi-frequently gets me into trouble. So what do I know.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

7 hours ago, herghly said:

The author suggests within 48 hours of tripping you write a trip report. While writing the report listen to the music you listened to tripping. 

I do this too! I can confirm the effectiveness

20 hours ago, herghly said:

+2

Edited by Consilience