Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

My advice to newly introduced people here

7 posts in this topic

I've been on this forum daily before, but it's been months since i don't really visit it. It has great resourses for learning and educating, and if some problem is bothering you, you can find really nice advice from conscious people here. but it's a waste of time to "try to find answers" here. I remember it gave me this egoistic pleasure of "Yeah someone replied to my post about an awakening I had". It's all a distraction. Come here for the good advice, not for truth. Specially if you've been introduced to this recently. Debating or arguing never worked either. 

Nowdays, I do mini contemplations almost on an hourly basis. Small ones but many of them. I have to start doing more serious long ones everyday to build more endurance specially with just sitting. First few times I had awakenings, I thought I've got it all and i posted about them here. I've experienced much deeper ones since. It never fucking ends, not even 0,00001% of it. You don't have to post about them because it isn't really necessary. It's better to ask for directions and about the "Dark night of the soul" phase. After that, there will be no one to talk to and share, even when there are people here with at least 10 times the consciousness and experience of mine.

Anyways. Love you guys. 

Peace.

Edited by Pouya

I agree and it often leads to argument or i am right and you are wrong attitude which in my opinion is worthless and will not improve your life or get you results on this path.

Ofcourse the awakenings go deeper and deeper and will probably be like that always but also they are somehow in the same kind of category, atleast mine has been.

It is a nice forum and there are alot of good people and people giving good advice aswell but sometimes it feels good to read another persons awakening even tho it can delude you if you are not careful, like to take what people say into a belief 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Or you can post your experiences as a way to process them. If I hadn't posted what I went trough the last days, I'd probably be laying in a psychiatric hospital right now. I had barely any replies, but that wasn't the point. Knowing that maybe somebody will read it with an open mind was enough to not feel alone enough to go through this.

Yes, ego likes reactions, but you can also use the fact that when you get reactions and what they say, to look at what it does to your ego. I have gone from "This is God, I must share it with everyone", to "if people knew about this, it would change the world", to "wow, I have so much to learn", to "Let's integrate this in my life, thought by thought, action by action". I wouldn't have been able to self criticize that much if I hadn't wrote it off.

8 hours ago, Pouya said:

I've been on this forum daily before, but it's been months since i don't really visit it. It has great resourses for learning and educating, and if some problem is bothering you, you can find really nice advice from conscious people here. but it's a waste of time to "try to find answers" here. I remember it gave me this egoistic pleasure of "Yeah someone replied to my post about an awakening I had". It's all a distraction. Come here for the good advice, not for truth. Specially if you've been introduced to this recently. Debating or arguing never worked either. 

Nowdays, I do mini contemplations almost on an hourly basis. Small ones but many of them. I have to start doing more serious long ones everyday to build more endurance specially with just sitting. First few times I had awakenings, I thought I've got it all and i posted about them here. I've experienced much deeper ones since. It never fucking ends, not even 0,00001% of it. You don't have to post about them because it isn't really necessary. It's better to ask for directions and about the "Dark night of the soul" phase. After that, there will be no one to talk to and share, even when there are people here with at least 10 times the consciousness and experience of mine.

Anyways. Love you guys. 

Peace.

This forum is not for experiencing the truth, it's for gaining insights into the nature of experience. You will always need a logical brain to process the truth and it's better to use multiple brains rather than using a single one, all just for the fun.

@Persipnei yeah writing is a powerful tool for contemplation and processing. I used them all the time.

But personally, it's been beyond just processing the insight. More like deeper and deeper non-lingual states.

There is no need to make sense of stuff anymore. Just experiencing.

@An young being i know right :) it's enjoyable to have companions and people beside you to help you. But that can become an attachment after some time. It's great in its own use.

@Pouya I think I have a boomer mindset about this forum. I have a more fond feeling towards my memory of this forum than towards this forum (thinking 2018-2019). I interpret/feel the vibe/energy here as being more stagnant. 

But the cause of that I don't know. Could just be me. I project/interpret things as having been more visceral and "real" before, more lively. For some reason I remember some of them older members who don't post much anymore as being bold in speech, it was fun. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@lmfao people come and go from this forum and that might change the vibe. When I joined it was like 2 3 years ago and I was just asking around all the time and commenting. now it's just for fun sometimes. and leo's video releases affect the topics that are being discussed here, which is nice. Overall this forum will be a resource for growth for many people and momentary feelings of community.