Conscious life

alpha vs beta people

8 posts in this topic

what the Psychology behind alpha vs beta men. by men I mean both male and female. I became aware of this trait in people more and more now, what is the science and observation behind it? 

For males, Alpha is overly masculine and Beta is overly feminine. For females, it's the other way around. Although, it gets nuanced depending on the environment.

Basically, Alphas are the ones with the highest status within any given hierarchy. That's the rule of thumb here. For example, Leo here is the most Alpha among us. However, compared to teachers, it's different. Compared to self-help/spiritual teachers, Leo is much more Sigma than Alpha. Within another hierarchy, like being a YouTuber, Leo is somewhat Alpha and somewhat more Omega.

https://themindfool.com/alpha-vs-beta-vs-gamma-vs-omega-vs-delta-vs-sigma-personality

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Feminine is social power masculine is ground support and strong groups 

Examples of attractive feminine men:

Harry styles 

Brent rivera 

Genesis 27:27-29

On 10.10.2020 at 7:39 PM, Conscious life said:

what the Psychology behind alpha vs beta men. by men I mean both male and female. I became aware of this trait in people more and more now, what is the science and observation behind it? 

What are alpha and beta traits? Why are those a traits? 

Alphas are leaders, people with higher status, socially dominant, stronger frames. They can be males or females, doesn't matter, but this is a manifestation of strong masculine energy. 

On 10/10/2020 at 10:39 AM, Conscious life said:

Speaking for myself as a heterosexual male, I don't notice myself categorizing other men in terms of alpha/beta traits.  When I meet people, I pay more attention to whether I have something in common with them (values, interests, etc.).

What I've read is that the alpha/beta distinction (although not necessarily the terminology) is created by women in the sense that they see certain men as being sexually attractive (these are called alphas) and other men as being attractive in more non-sexual ways, like stability, reliability, etc. (these are called betas).  A man who's never or rarely regarded as attractive by women has some other Greek letter.

On your question about science, I know of no science behind this.  It seems to be just a cultural understanding of sorts.

Edited by Wolf359

I think alpha and beta are more likely about your behavior. I have physical appearance of an aplha and mindset of a beta. 

Yeah my external appearances might seem intimidating but i am emotionally weak.