Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PurpleTree

Anybody tried fasting for health reasons?

9 posts in this topic

Right now i'm fasting since about 65 hours only water and tea, i'm shooting for 5-7 days.

Did it the first time about 2 years ago and got into it because for some gut health and other health issues in general. I think it's at least good to give the gut a break once in a while.

I've also tried different diets for health like vegetarian, fodmap, carnivore, lectin free diet etc.

It's also nice in a time in which almost everything like food etc. is available in abundance, to just say alright i won't eat for 6 days and after that i'll appreciate it again even more.

Fasting has been done for thousands of years for health and spiritual reasons and apparently it has some real health benefits.

5 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Right now i'm fasting since about 65 hours only water and tea, i'm shooting for 5-7 days.

Did it the first time about 2 years ago and got into it because for some gut health and other health issues in general. I think it's at least good to give the gut a break once in a while.

I've also tried different diets for health like vegetarian, fodmap, carnivore, lectin free diet etc.

It's also nice in a time in which almost everything like food etc. is available in abundance, to just say alright i won't eat for 6 days and after that i'll appreciate it again even more.

Fasting has been done for thousands of years for health and spiritual reasons and apparently it has some real health benefits.

I’ve done a bunch fasts, longest was 11 days on water. There does seem to be serious benefits but your body’s intelligence is always the best source to check into to see if you should go on a fast. 

There’s also breatharianism which is like fasting taken to an extreme. I’ve never gotten that far but people say it can be done and I’m inclined to believe them.

16 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

@PurpleTree It's a magic pill. And it doesn't even feel bad.

16 hours ago, aurum said:

I’ve done a bunch fasts, longest was 11 days on water. There does seem to be serious benefits but your body’s intelligence is always the best source to check into to see if you should go on a fast. 

There’s also breatharianism which is like fasting taken to an extreme. I’ve never gotten that far but people say it can be done and I’m inclined to believe them.

Yea i don't know if it's a magic pill but it's definitely a nice thing to have in the stack.

I've also heard for example that chemo-therapy is much more efficient if the patients are fasting.

Right now i'm about 90 hours in, not feeling bad but still weak and kind of hungry, not wanting to do anything basically.

4 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

Right now i'm about 90 hours in, not feeling bad but still weak and kind of hungry, not wanting to do anything basically.

Sounds about right. I heard taking certain salts with your water can help to replenish electrolytes, might help you feel better.

I'm in the middle of a 48 right now, cheers.

Yeah, intermittent fasting. Been doing it for 7 months now and it's pretty great and convenient. I'm not even hungry before lunch (12pm) and if need be, I can fast longer than 16 hours.

Yeah, I did a 4 day fast and now I fast for 36 hours once a week. 

Definitely a game changer.

It is important to eat healthy when you aren't fasting. 

When you end even a day long fast with junk food you might become worse off than before the fast.

3 hours ago, aurum said:

Sounds about right. I heard taking certain salts with your water can help to replenish electrolytes, might help you feel better.

I'm in the middle of a 48 right now, cheers.

Cool. Yeah today i took some potassium and magnesium and also some volcanic minerals which should help detox.

Have you done laxatives? I've heard it's kind of important in a prolonged water fast

3 hours ago, nistake said:

Yeah, intermittent fasting. Been doing it for 7 months now and it's pretty great and convenient. I'm not even hungry before lunch (12pm) and if need be, I can fast longer than 16 hours.

Yea a lot of people seem to do that, it's not really for me though i generally eat breakfast and dinner.

43 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Yeah, I did a 4 day fast and now I fast for 36 hours once a week. 

Definitely a game changer.

It is important to eat healthy when you aren't fasting. 

When you end even a day long fast with junk food you might become worse off than before the fast.

For sure i will eat "extra" healthy for like 10 days after the fast

6 days in, feeling alright

Funny thing is when i fasted before (spring, last year etc.)the obsession with food got huge during the fast most of the time.

Was watching cooking/eating shows all the time, walking around the city looking at menus from restaurants in which i haven't been etc.

This time during the fast i never once watched any food shows etc.

Edited by PurpleTree