justfortoday

How I Induce Non-Dual States

98 posts in this topic

Hi Friends, I wanted to share a technique I have been using during my walking meditations to induce non-dual awareness.

To understand the technique, first we need to understand how perception works. The absolute truth is that YOU have never gone anywhere in your entire life. Physicality itself is an illusion. What you truly are is pure MIND. You are imagining everything you "see".

You can think of reality as a VR game created by Infinity to play with itself.

If done right, this technique can attain a state of non-dual awareness that is incredibly amazing to experience.

[Attached Graphic Explains It]

Technique:

• Go out for a walk, preferably somewhere in nature that has trees or other "large" objects.
  • As you walk, realize that it's not you that is moving, it's the world.
  • Focus your attention on a distant object, maybe a tree.
  • Keep walking, now realize that you cannot see your own head / face. Instead you "see" the world.
  • As you keep walking and approaching the object you were focused on, realize that you may think that your feet are moving your body, and that you are approaching the tree, but in reality, the entire visual field is configuring/recalibrating/moving around you, MIND.
  • Notice how you are at the center of reality.
  • Think of yourself as the rock bottom, never-changing, static screen upon which the world is appearing.
  • Matter is simply sluggish mind. You are mind. God is mind. Everything is mind.
  • You are going nowhere. At all. The world is going to you.
  • If you achieve this, your awareness will suddenly shift, and you will experience the entire scene taking itself in, as opposed to you looking onto the world like a camera behind you eyes.
  • Suddenly, the object/subject relation will completely flatten.
  • This state can last for a few minutes, but if you practice long enough, you can sustain this non-dual state for much longer.

You can try this anywhere. Grocery store, driving, etc.

There is no space, there is no time, it's one massive illusion — a trick God plays on itself to feel connected. :D

Let me know if you try it and if it works for you!

Would love your input @Leo Gura

fourier.jpg

Edited by justfortoday

@justfortoday Neat technique, thank you for sharing. Also, solid illustrations!

Just for clarification, when you say "you," do you mean just the body, or are you using "you" a more nuanced way. Otherwise, and please forgive me for sounding arrogant, but everything is relative so are both the world moving around you and you moving through the world? I don't see how you can just say one over the other. Thanks again!

10 minutes ago, WonderSeeker said:

@justfortoday Neat technique, thank you for sharing. Also, solid illustrations!

Just for clarification, when you say "you," do you mean just the body, or are you using "you" a more nuanced way. Otherwise, and please forgive me for sounding arrogant, but everything is relative so are both the world moving around you and you moving through the world? I don't see how you can just say one over the other. Thanks again!

When I say "you" I mean empty awareness/mind. That is what you truly are.

The body, the world and everything else you perceive is a projection emanating from you. Pure mind.

When you look at a tree, realize that there is nothing behind that tree. You may think that there are more trees, fields, a "world" out there behind the physical tree. But in reality, what you are seeing is a completely flat experience. There is literally *nothing* behind the tree you are seeing.

Think of a VR set. When you put it on and you see the VR world, do you think there is a "world" behind what you see? Nope.

You can verify this for yourself with a bit of concentration / consciousness work ^_^

And thanks! Figured a visual would be easier to understand.

Edited by justfortoday

My favorite hobby is to walk, sometimes several hours a day.

I'm fucked lol

Thank you :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

48 minutes ago, Shin said:

My favorite hobby is to walk, sometimes several hours a day.

I'm fucked lol

Thank you :)

Yes you are, lol

10 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Yes you are, lol

I'm super fucked yes, cause I had several awakening in dreams (apparently that doesn't count 9_9) and it was exactly like you're describing it.

Nothing really moved, I was static, but the scenery was moving (the body counted as the scenery).

God is love

And God in them

@justfortoday

Very cool. This can also be noticed while driving. If you look at the road or buildings etc it is very convincing you are moving. But when you look at the interior of the vehicle, relatively, it’s clear that you are not actually moving. Then you can extrapolate one more step prior in seeing that the body is like the buildings. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

36 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@justfortoday

Very cool. This can also be noticed while driving. If you look at the road or buildings etc it is very convincing you are moving. But when you look at the interior of the vehicle, relatively, it’s clear that you are not actually moving. Then you can extrapolate one more step prior in seeing that the body is like the buildings. 

Yes! Very good example. Also, thank you for mentioning relativity — which is how Infinity experiences all of these hallucinations (oops, I mean Lives) simultaneously. 

Edited by justfortoday

Another analogy is that you are  a black hole, and reality is your event horizon, frozen in eternity.

Please don't do it during driving in the dense traffic. If the perception shifts suddenly, it might cause disorientation for some people, which might cause an accident. Otherwise, its a good contemplative technique..

12 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Another analogy is that you are  a black hole, and reality is your event horizon, frozen in eternity.

The concept of 3d is seen through when I had those experiences, it's like it's there, you understand that in this dream there is space between objects, but only has a human projection.

In reality, it's like a painting that constantly changes the scenery, and 3d or space is something you created to be able to have more experiences.

It felt like walking inside yourself, with a spectral body that is a total fiction, and only exists as long as you think about it (or think you experience pain or body sensations), otherwise there is no body at all.

Same thing with the mind, as long as there is nothing to think about, and no self reference even with something else than thought, there is no self at all, not even relatively speaking, it's just purely a scenery.

This definitely can work, I tried for like an hour, and for the last 30 minutes there was a lots of distracting thoughts (usually quite thoughtless while walking), and also lots of looking away that I couldn't control, also fear and uncomfort at the very end.

I think it would help to do this from time to time at places we never walk, like that your mind has a harder time to project a sense of reality cause it won't know where he is relatively to your home or your school/job etc.

Thank you very much mate :)

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

2 hours ago, justfortoday said:

When I say "you" I mean empty awareness/mind. That is what you truly are.

Perfect, I understand now! :) 

14 minutes ago, Shin said:

This definitely can work, I tried for like an hour, and for the last 30 minutes there was a lots of distracting thoughts (usually quite thoughtless while walking), and also lots of looking away that I couldn't control, also fear and uncomfort at the very end.

What kind of fear? Can you describe it?

And like you mentioned, try it at different "places" - It took me a few tries myself to start getting results.

But when the shift happens... you'll see it's totally worth it.

You're most welcome. 9_9

Just now, justfortoday said:

What kind of fear? Can you describe it?

And like you mentioned, try it at different "places" - It took me a few tries myself to start getting results.

But when the shift happens... you'll see it's totally worth it.

You're most welcome. 9_9

As if there was something I really don't want to know will be realized.

Yeah "places" xD

God is love

And God in them

1 hour ago, Shin said:

As if there was something I really don't want to know will be realized.

Yeah "places" xD

Ah yeah, fear of ego loss. Just push through it!

2 minutes ago, justfortoday said:

Ah yeah, fear of ego loss. Just push through it!

I'll try, last time I did that It took 1 year to recover xD

God is love

And God in them

I just sit.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Super good.. another i like to do is ask questions like:

- What will he do next? (Observing avatar)

- What will he think next? or What will be his next thought? 

It can sort of freeze the avatar in place.

Also these questions can help to enter flow states. Observing autopilot state. John malkoviched. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?