Kailash Bhattarai

Anime's are amazing

30 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Code Geass is dope.

I've watched that twice, and death note also twice :) might watch it again since i think there's probably no better one since then.

Love those melodies too

Another old one which is pretty good/deep and also kind of nice and slow imo is legend of galactic heroes

2 hours ago, Kailash Bhattarai said:

What in your opinion is the most underrated anime?

Darker Than Black

Shin Seki Yori

Welcome to the NHK

March Comes in like a Lion 

Kokoro Connect

Noragami

Noir

Gunslinger Girl

Sound Euphonium 

Kids on the slope 

Wolf’s Rain

Canaan

Terror in Resonance 

Phantom, Requiem for Phantom

Edited by Thestarguitarist14

Evangelion is THE non-duality anime imo. 

For a philosophical anime I'd say Psycho Pass is my favourite. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

6 hours ago, lmfao said:

Evangelion is THE non-duality anime imo. 

For a philosophical anime I'd say Psycho Pass is my favourite. 

Those are my two favorite anime shows of all time.  Psycho Pass is something else.  The first season anyway.  Season 2 is decent and season 3 is fun.  But the original writer of season 1 (also wrote Fate Zero and Madoka) killed it.  That show still makes me think.

@Thestarguitarist14 yeah season 1 of Psycho Pass is the gold. Makishima made the series. Season 2 had 1 or 2 moments but not the same at all. I haven't seen S3

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

20 hours ago, Thestarguitarist14 said:

Those are my two favorite anime shows of all time.  Psycho Pass is something else.  The first season anyway.  Season 2 is decent and season 3 is fun.  But the original writer of season 1 (also wrote Fate Zero and Madoka) killed it.  That show still makes me think.

I'm watching it due to the recommendations in this topic and so far it's great man thanks.

@lmfao Season three is worth a watch.  It’s now an hour long drama and it worked.

@PurpleTree Glad that you’re enjoying it!  Another show to check out that is similar to Psycho Pass is Shin Seki Yori 

Great shows that were not recommended yet: 

Casshern Sins (dystopia, what does it mean to be human, what is death) 

Ergo Proxy (what does it mean to be me?)

Texhnolyze (Nihilism) 

Haibane Renmei (what is heaven, life and death, culture, angels)

Kaiba (what is memory, who am I) [more spiritual] 

The Tatami Galaxy (is there a perfect life) [very spiritual, just a masterpiece] 

Kino no Tabi (travel, freedom, belief systems) [similar to Mushishi] 

Great movies:

All Satoshi Kon Movies 

Tekkon Kinkreet

Tenshi no Tamago

Night is short, walk on girl 

Mushishi is an anime with deep spiritual power. More than any other I think it would appeal to users here. The main character is basically a shaman, and the series is about him going around Japan doing his work. Lots of powerful lessons about Japanese philosophy, religion, and spirituality. And the show's music and atmosphere seem designed to put you in a calm and soothing, yet often eerie, state of mind. There are many seasons and it never drops in quality (if anything it gets better as the series goes on). Also, unlike most anime series, it's fully episodic so you can watch it at your own pace, start with a later season, or even skip around in the episode order if you want.