Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YogiMehdi

Holding Kechari Mudra for a long time : Danger ?

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Today I sat for my concentration/meditation practice, I used the following technique (Which is very powerfull) : Holding Kechari Mudra and Chanchari Mudra (Concentration between eyebrow, in Bruhmadya for those who are familiar with Kriya Yoga :) ).

After few secondes, my mind became very still, my body very relaxed still and I went into breathless state (4th stage of breath in Yoga Sutra of Patanjali). It feels like the distance between thought became bigger, and the duration of the thought became shorter.

After few minutes, it really scares the shit out of me :

• I started to feel sleepy and my body relaxed (It felt like I've smoked week ^^),
  • I had no urge to move my body, it remains still for 20 minutes,
  • My thoughts became quite agitated but it was ok for me (The me is to define in that experience) because my attention was on the Consciousness, not the thought.

I have stopped after 20-25 minutes. My questions are the following :

• Is it safe to hold Kechari for a longer period of time ? How much time at the most ?
  • Should I do the session in 2 part : 1) Khechari + Chanchari / 2) Meditation / Visualization ?

Shambhavi_Mudra_Eyebrow_Center_Gazing_Gesture_Yoga_Third_eye.jpg

Are you from India originally ? 

I haven't tried this technique. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India I'm Moroccan-born who lives in France

Do Tabalya Kriya (Stretching the tongue) before trying to perform Kechari : 

I've only practiced Kechari Mudra for short periods, but some Yogis in India practice it on a near-constant basis, so you should be fine.

Just keep in mind, that the objective is to stimulate the pineal gland into releasing soma, which is another word for DMT. It gives you both a spiritual and a physical high and opens up the gateway into the spirit world.

I haven't done chanchari mudra specifically, but it presumably has the same advantage, the release of Soma by stimulating the pineal gland (the third eye in its physical aspect). I'm not one for psychedelics, but taking some form of DMT might achieve a very similar effect.