PurpleTree

Why is eating meat "bad" or less evolved lets say?

254 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Claymoree said:

I didn't say that you need to leave veganism, if you feel it is right for you  go for it, even if it isn't healthy.

My point was not to convince anyone  that one diet is better then other. 

Good, then what was your point?

I was being sarcastic, by the way. Sorry, I know some people don't like it.

6 minutes ago, Hatfort said:

Good, then what was your point?

I was being sarcastic, by the way. Sorry, I know some people don't like it.

My point was to appreciate life and death, circumstances and stop thinking that your diet makes you superior.

Edited by Claymoree

1 minute ago, Claymoree said:

My point was to appreciate life and death and stop thinking that your diet makes you superior.

You don't appreciate death in some particular cases though. You suggested different ways to deal with problems as a more valid alternative than killing. I'm not talking about food now, you do believe and practice the take of dealing with problems in a different manner, that's what I understand, because that's what you said.

I personally won't kill a fly or anything, but know vegans who will kill animals if they feel that they interfere with their life, even though there are many different ways to deal with problems.

Look man, I don't think think my diet makes me superior, so don't say that, but I know where my food comes from and sometimes I state it, although not often, as I know people get very defensive when I do that. Maybe you are morally superior to those who think that are morally superior. Have you thought about that?

I think you are to defensive, I said everything I need at this topic as of now, so let leave it at that.  

Edited by Claymoree

4 minutes ago, Claymoree said:

I think you are to defensive, I said everything I need at this topic as of now, so let leave it at that.

36 minutes ago, Claymoree said:

Well, sometimes it's fine to defend oneself. You made some generalizations about how vegans treat animals that I thought needed to be put into question, not to say you kind of said what I think personally about myself, which I don't.

14 hours ago, datamonster said:

Please describe how to raise and kill an animal ethically.

Allowing animals to live on pasture as part of natural environmental cycles. And killing them quickly.

For example, hunters shoot wild animals to the heart. It's very quick death and least painless. Slaughterhouses should be designed in such a way that causes the lease stress to animals.

I know many farms that practise regenerative agriculture. In one of them in the UK, It even restored the lost species!! because it helped to restore the fertility of the soil, flora and fauna. 

Vegans only consider a small handful of animals (cows, pigs, goats chickens) while at the same time they exclude hundreds if not thousands of others. It amazes me still how people don't see their myopic view on the issue. 

Veganism is based on so much emotion and it becomes an attachment. Why their hearts don't bleed about other things such as not so cute small animals or people who suffer from autoimmune disease and can't eat fibre, etc, etc it appears very very biased. 

But I don't judge. It's normal to be stuck in one worldview and claim is the best way. 

softly into the Abyss...

I had a dream that the most nutritious and healthful protein supplements that humans can buy were being produced directly from an extract of animal tears.

So, I think that sums up my views on the subject.

@datamonster

20 hours ago, integral said:

@datamonster Curios of a different topic, what do you believe causes green to transition to yellow? 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 hour ago, datamonster said:

Let's apply this reasoning to a slightly different situation.

Imagine I go on a date with a nice girl. I take her to a fancy restaurant and we're having a great time.

After dinner we go to my place and I put a couple of knockout drops in her drink.

She passes out and I rape her.

It's very quick. She has had a great night. She doesn't feel or remember anything.

Is this ethical?

Ethical or not is for you to decide, one for sure, she dos not suffer, as she does not remember. 

Edited by Claymoree

1 hour ago, datamonster said:

Let's apply this reasoning to a slightly different situation.

Imagine I go on a date with a nice girl. I take her to a fancy restaurant and we're having a great time.

After dinner we go to my place and I put a couple of knockout drops in her drink.

She passes out and I rape her.

It's very quick. She has had a great night. She doesn't feel or remember anything.

Is this ethical?

:D You're freaking bonkers. You sound super childish like a teenage boy who doesn't know life and coming with some weird ass examples :D 

sorry no offence but I'm here giving you realistic alternatives about animal welfare and you're thinking about raping a girl :D 

softly into the Abyss...

6 minutes ago, datamonster said:

Interesting. When the victim is replaced by a human your own ethical standards no longer apply... :o

You said killing and exploiting an animal is ethical when it's done quickly and painlessly.

I ask, why is it "weird ass" when we apply the same logic to a human? o.O

You get mad at me for pointing out your double standard. Defense mechanism: Attack the messenger!

I'm not attacking, I'm laughing :D You don't have good enough point to be taken seriously anyway ^_^
We need to have optimal health, hence yes we need meat. If you want barely survive good luck eating plant foods

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

@datamonster When you can explain exactly what causes greens transition to yellow, you will have graduated adolescence. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

27 minutes ago, datamonster said:

Meat is certainly not unhealthy in moderation. However, as we've established earlier, the perspective that eating only meat is optimal and that plant foods are bad is unscientific.

I never said that eating plants is bad. It's good for many people as much as animal-based products. Everyone is different and I don't judge anyone for their choice. 
From the Absolute perspective, there are no hierarchies. All creation is as God as it gets, but in the world, we definitely have hierarchies and as the apex creatures we get to make our own rules for living and thriving. We also need balance and complexity, not black and white thinking or judging one another.

27 minutes ago, datamonster said:

Yep. But I am the childish one here...

Sorry, I didn't want to offend you. Of course, I don't know you. But you coming up with the examples as raping a girl in the context of talking about animal welfare it really is a weird ass thing :S :D 

Too much drama, too much biased emotion 

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...