DocWatts

FBI Thwarted a Militia Plot to Kidnap the Governor of Michigan

36 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, TruthHurts said:

Maybe not kidnap, but they might try to kill someone, not like there have been no casualties to begin with.

I thought casualties were the impetus for the BLM movement.

13 minutes ago, Willie said:

What's your point? 

@TruthHurts false equivalence, antifa can get violent, but it’s not going to create a plot to overthrow a government and execute people, that’s a real terrorist organization. And BLM is a largely peaceful movement, yes there are occasionally riots but it’s disingenuous to lump every person who support the movement as a rioter and then say that protesters are the same as armed terrorist militia groups

Just now, Gidiot said:

@TruthHurts false equivalence, antifa can get violent, but it’s not going to create a plot to overthrow a government and execute people, that’s a real terrorist organization. And BLM is a largely peaceful movement, yes there are occasionally riots but it’s disingenuous to lump every person who support the movement as a rioter and then say that protesters are the same as armed terrorist militia groups

Probably not, but how can you call 6 people a movement? 

5 hours ago, TruthHurts said:

Maybe not kidnap, but they might try to kill someone, not like there have been no casualties to begin with.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/27/us-rightwing-extremists-attacks-deaths-database-leftwing-antifa

The antifa scare mongering is an intentional bad faith argument by the right to draw attention away from social movements taking place in the country, and to draw false (and absurd) equivalency between protest movements against racism and police brutality with right wing domestic terrorism.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Can we start calling the right-wing Pro-Fascists? Profa

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, TruthHurts said:

On the right side, there is deliberate action. No cherry picking there.. 

Meanwhile BLM is by large a peaceful movement. If some punk joins BLM and kills someone, not BLM's fault. 

But the other side likes to keep hate dogs and hatriots which will do more harm than anyone. It's called radicaluzation.

A radicalized gang member is different from a punk 

The radicalized one has a manifesto followed by the militia whereas the punk does not. 

Cherry picking is a great sport of the Fascists, BTW.. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I like this.  I've been using proto-fascists as a shorthand, so this works just as well either way

One difficulty I see is that people have trouble distinguishing fascists from the most well known example, Nazi Germany, when it can be applied to really any far right authoritarianism with aspirations to set up an ethno-state.

Edited by DocWatts

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

More like anti-communists. Antico

14 hours ago, Willie said:

The violence on the left is mostly oriented toward property violence. The violence on the right is mostly oriented toward human violence. In SD terms, Green violence vs Red/Blue violence. 

The first Commandment of the ProFas is - 

Go around calling everyone who disagrees a fascist. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 hours ago, Tetcher said:

More like anti-communists. Antico

In other words, Nazis ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Communism is an outdated ideology that almost no one takes seriously these days (exists on the fringes, but little to no political power). Might as well focus on the political extremist faction that's seeing a resurgence and literally killing people. Yeah I might see Communism as not a great or realistic solution to the world's problems, but they're not the ones driving cars in to groups of people and being dog whistled to political violence in the United States these days. 

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

Communism is an outdated ideology that almost no one takes seriously these days (exists on the fringes, but little to no political power). 

I agree with your point in general, but this is a very weak statement. A decade ago, neo-nazis and skinheads were on the fringe of society and nobody took fascism seriously. Circumstances have changed. They can, and will, change again.

24 minutes ago, Willie said:

I agree with your point in general, but this is a very weak statement. A decade ago, neo-nazis and skinheads were on the fringe of society and nobody took fascism seriously. Circumstances have changed. They can, and will, change again.

Well you know what... Fair point. For what it's worth that was meant more as an assessment of the current environment rather than an absolute statement, about where our attention should be focused right now.

I take your meaning though, and it's a good point to keep in mind.

Edited by DocWatts
Clarity