Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Happy Jay

Tinnitus , annoying sound in my ears

5 posts in this topic

Hi, it is a worldwide known problem and the cause of this sound is mostly undetectable ,in medical language it is idiopathic. İ had this sound even as i was a 9years old child i am 22 now, since april of this year i have noticed it much more as it was before. İ went to some doctors and we checked my auditory capacity ,which was absolutely normal .my doctor told me that it can not be solved,so i have to used to live with that sound ,which is sometimes unendurable. Does anybody have tinnitus,what would you recommend?

I have this and it comes and goes throughout the day. Sometimes strong, sometimes I can't even hear it.

This is not supposed to be scientific. Just my experience. Take it with a grain of salt.

Stimulants seem to have the greatest effect. When under effect of ritalin, it seems to go down. On the comedown, it goes up. Caffeine is the same. Modafinil is the worst offender of all. If your tinnitus is bothering you never try this drug. This is the lowest hanging fruit: quitting all stimulants. Don't do anything else before trying this.

Vinpocetine seems to reduce tinnitus for me. The drug is made for that so that's expected I think. It has the most noticeable effect of all. If it gets unbearable in your later life this is an option.

Other than that I can't contribute much. Good luck!

Extra anecdotes:

Supplements: L-Theanine increases it.

Creatine makes it unbearable. Nice energy boost but horrible for tinnitus.

Sleep: doesn't seem to influence that much.

Exercise: lowers it

@Happy Jay On top of the things mentioned so far, I've heard that sauna use has the potential to reduce the severity of tinnitus. 
Pretty sure I heard Dr. Rhonda Patrick talking about it at some point, but I don't remember the exact video. 

I also recommend getting your genetics tested through a company like 23&me and then running your raw genetic data through Dr. Rhonda's genetic report tool. Doing that revealed that I have an expression of the HSPA1L gene that makes me more susceptible to hearing loss due to loud noise exposure. Knowing about this and other genes is a great tool to have under your belt.