Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LittleYoga

How to go about the Sedona method?

8 posts in this topic

Hello ? 

Leo recommended the sedona method and I got the course and I have gone through 12 of the 18 cds.. but it is still unclear to me a perhaps obvious thing for most. 

Are the only releasing audios the ones 4-10 mins long from the course? Or do I need to purchase additional releasing cds? 

If that is so- then that is rather disappointing as Hale Dwoskin in my opinion is rather too chaotic in the audio (laughing noise etc) and for me the poor quality of the production ruins the experience a bit. 

Ao to summarize the question: 

People who use the sedona method frequently-

Do you ask the questions yourself?

Or do you make your own audio? 

Are the additional online releases worth buying? 

Can you recommend a way to get better results with the program?

Thanks!

Use the book for sure. You are going to be spending hours doing the practice. I have reached a high energy state a few times already and have a good chunk of the book left. I have not done any of the audios or anything, so I cannot compare. I have had real success with the book though. I invest about an hour a day on it though consistently. 

@LittleYoga this is the right book, i bought it and it changed my life. I don't know about the audio programms but the book is well structured and clear.

Step 1: Focus on an issue you would like to feel better about.

Step 2: Ask yourself one of the following questions: Could I let this feeling go? Could I allow this feeling to be here? Could I welcome these feelings?

Step 3: Ask yourself the basic question: Would I? Am I willing to let go?

Step 4: Ask yourself this simpler question: When?

There is even one old program from the 90s uploaded on YouTube. Thank you for your replies. 

I worked with the sedona method a lot for a time.

For me the questions weren't helpful, after I while I would just automatically ask the questions in my head 10+ times in a row without any change in state, just like another monkey mind thought.

I think what the questions are pointing to is that they want you to visualize the situation "how would I feel without this problem". This works better for me. Just sitting there and watching the emotion until it goes away is also more helpful for me.

Check out Leos video "The Power of Letting Go", its not about the Sedona Method specifically but its about the exact same thing and I think he does a better job explaining it. It really has to become a intuitive "thing you do" without any mental protocol you go through, I don't think the questions are the best method.

But Sedona method is definitely good stuff all in all but a bit too concept heavy. I dont know about the CDs but I have the Book and it has some really helpful exercises and descriptions. The Map of Emotions they present is also good.

Edited by Hawkins

16 hours ago, hyruga said:

Step 1: Focus on an issue you would like to feel better about.

Step 2: Ask yourself one of the following questions: Could I let this feeling go? Could I allow this feeling to be here? Could I welcome these feelings?

Step 3: Ask yourself the basic question: Would I? Am I willing to let go?

Step 4: Ask yourself this simpler question: When?

This. The book goes into a bit more detail but even that is not necessarily needed. Start with these questions. And feel into your body.

That is basically it. You don't need the courses.

What the courses or an experienced releasing coach can help with is tackling the emotion from different sides. Because one emotion or trigger has usually many facets that you can feel into. But you can get to those yourself with deep introspection and you usually get the most significant benefits from releasing the big obvious stuff.