Adamq8

Frank Yangs response to Actualized.org

135 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RedLine said:

No.

All the traditions recognize that the Absolute=Good/Love, it is so obvious that they don't even mention it. You can perceive the ethical component of enlightenment through their behavior and their phisiology. If a master describes the Absolute as Emptiness or Love depends on their personality. In the same way somebody doesn't necessarily show you that she/he loves you saying it but through their behavior.

For me, it was so obvious all of it was about compassion/love since the beginning and I am still not 1% consciusness as that people are haha. 

No idea what you’re disagreeing with

6 hours ago, wavydude said:

@Nahm By meditation you mean just sitting and experiencing whatever is arising or any other specific method  ?

Awareness of breathing from the stomach, feeling, and relaxing every specific muscle head to toe over and over. All letting go-ish, rather than methodical to reach or produce anything. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, wavydude said:

Could you please elaborate some more on that ? Do you think meditation is a solid "method" ?

It's a method when you think as a newbie:

"I'm doing my daily meditation to be more conscious !"

In a sense that's great to do that, but in another sense it makes you think that being in a meditative state 24/24 is not possible or realistic.

If you really want to be conscious, like really conscious, you can't just "sit and do my daily meditation", it has to be 24/24.
You must have the will to stay conscious all the time, all day, all month and all year.

If you do that for a certain amount of time, without quitting, you won't do meditation anymore, it's gonna be your natural state, you gonna realize it's your natural "state".

That's what monks do in a nutshell, their seated meditation is a tiny part of the day where they train themselves to be conscious, it's the rest of the day that really matters, all the activities you normally do mindlessly daydreaming about anything and everything.

The seated meditation become more like a "time of the day to relax even more" rather than a "time of the day where I try to finally relax my mind".

This is maybe one of the most important insight to have, because until then, you can meditate for decades and still be highly unconscious and dissatisfied with life (it's not that uncommon).
That is essentially because people think this way "Meditation is an activity that I do at a certain time of the day, and being conscious is not possible all the time, it is an experience that I can only reach in "meditation""

No, you can be conscious 100% of the time (by being conscious I mean being aware, not having a blank mind), you won't even be able to stop once it's the case, because that was always the case.

You just were too invested and attached to the voice in your head, creating an illusion of unconsciousness :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

There are three types of people who use psychedelics for long times: 

1-People who seek pleasure (these glimpses are better than orgasms).

2- Egoistic people who want to feel they are better than other people, they want to feel they are God, because nothing else will satisfy them.

3- Delusional people.  

You can’t reach God, but you can come closer to him, it is the ultimate eternity journey. 

31 minutes ago, Fadl said:

2- Egoistic people who want to feel they are better than other people, they want to feel they are God, because nothing else will satisfy them.

Realizing you are God kills the ego. The egoistic person would never want that.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Realizing you are God kills the ego. The egoistic person would never want that.

The egoistic person will act like it. 

I remember that John Lennon was frustrated with he could not maintain the psychedelic state.  He tried using meditation and while he liked it, said that it never got him to that stage where he was on psychedelics.

14 hours ago, Nahm said:

Awareness of breathing from the stomach, feeling, and relaxing every specific muscle head to toe over and over. All letting go-ish, rather than methodical to reach or produce anything. 

As Rupert so greatly says- 

Meditation isn't something you do, it's what you are. 

Formal meditation is awesome, I think Guided Meditations are great for beginners & newbies, and I still use sleep meditations some nights! 

But, as you say, true meditation is simply allowing ourselves to rest as primordial awareness, and it's beautiful. 

What's even better is when life is a 24/7 meditation ;) 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

13 hours ago, Shin said:

It's a method when you think as a newbie:

"I'm doing my daily meditation to be more conscious !"

In a sense that's great to do that, but in another sense it makes you think that being in a meditative state 24/24 is not possible or realistic.

If you really want to be conscious, like really conscious, you can't just "sit and do my daily meditation", it has to be 24/24.
You must have the will to stay conscious all the time, all day, all month and all year.

If you do that for a certain amount of time, without quitting, you won't do meditation anymore, it's gonna be your natural state, you gonna realize it's your natural "state".

That's what monks do in a nutshell, their seated meditation is a tiny part of the day where they train themselves to be conscious, it's the rest of the day that really matters, all the activities you normally do mindlessly daydreaming about anything and everything.

The seated meditation become more like a "time of the day to relax even more" rather than a "time of the day where I try to finally relax my mind".

This is maybe one of the most important insight to have, because until then, you can meditate for decades and still be highly unconscious and dissatisfied with life (it's not that uncommon).
That is essentially because people think this way "Meditation is an activity that I do at a certain time of the day, and being conscious is not possible all the time, it is an experience that I can only reach in "meditation""

No, you can be conscious 100% of the time (by being conscious I mean being aware, not having a blank mind), you won't even be able to stop once it's the case, because that was always the case.

You just were too invested and attached to the voice in your head, creating an illusion of unconsciousness :)

Wow mate. This is simply one of the best comments here on the forum. 

12 hours ago, Fadl said:

There are three types of people who use psychedelics for long times: 

1-People who seek pleasure (these glimpses are better than orgasms).

3- Delusional people.  

You can’t reach God, but you can come closer to him, it is the ultimate eternity journey. 

That's pretty harsh. And untrue also. Seems like you project a lot on those people. 

Agree with the posters on here who are implying meditation is a lifestyle, rather than a system or technique.

Meditation as a system or technique is great for those who are still wrapped up in the dualistic mindset and cannot fathom or even see the value in letting go. Its a nice trick to trick you into giving up the dualistic chase, while still seeming like your chasing duality. But soon its limits are met and a negativity or depression arises. Making meditation a technique or system forces you to identify what it is, describe how it works, describe what its meant to achieve, and describe what progress looks likes. All of these functions though are dualistic by nature, and usually produce dualistic results, or at the very least, produce ineffective non dual results. This leads to spiritual ego or spiritual materialism. And the result of that is usually fooling yourself or thinking you're onto this non dual thing a lot more then you actually are, which is quite defeating. Eventually you need to see spirituality as a lifestyle or attitude, rather than a definable technique. This doesn't mean that effort can't be put into spiritual work, or that somehow spiritual work is wishy washy, or airy fairy. Its clear and obvious what needs to be done, and its clear when you're not doing it, but all of this is not on a semantic level, but on a experiential and feeling level. 

@Nahm @LfcCharlie4 @electroBeam

Just curious, would you guys recommend to not follow a meditation guide, like 'The Mind Illuminated', which is quite planned and is based on a 10-stage system (as a way for figuring out where you're at in terms of meditative skill). @Nahm I'm sensing that conscious stomach breathing 24/7, and combining that with letting go in the daily sits is the way to go, more of an intuitive style 

10 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

Its clear and obvious what needs to be done, and its clear when you're not doing it, but all of this is not on a semantic level, but on a experiential and feeling level. 

I think sometimes we get absolutely stuck in routine and other times we suffer with a lot out of resistance to putting them in place. Why should meditation be different from teeth brushing? We brush our teeth routinely even when we don't really feel like it, but to be honest I can't remember having resistant feelings arise to brushing my teeth since I was 9 or something. If you ask me, I like having clean teeth, but I don't think about it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 hour ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

As Rupert so greatly says- 

Meditation isn't something you do, it's what you are. 

Formal meditation is awesome, I think Guided Meditations are great for beginners & newbies, and I still use sleep meditations some nights! 

But, as you say, true meditation is simply allowing ourselves to rest as primordial awareness, and it's beautiful. 

What's even better is when life is a 24/7 meditation ;) 

Check out the guided meditation in my signature. "Stop trying to become enlightened or to seek any special meditative experience. Every experience is a meditative experience, because meditation is simply *what is*. "

This meditation can be used to let go of the search and in that way actually get to the real practice, beyond the meditator.

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

16 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I think sometimes we get absolutely stuck in routine and other times we suffer with a lot out of resistance to putting them in place. Why should meditation be different from teeth brushing? We brush our teeth routinely even when we don't really feel like it, but to be honest I can't remember having resistant feelings arise to brushing my teeth since I was 9 or something. If you ask me, I like having clean teeth, but I don't think about it. 

The difference is that it requires a lot of responsability to be conscious all the time.

Way easier to blame the meditation technique you are using for 1% of the day that you are still utterly dissatisfied with life.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Shin said:

The difference is that it requires a lot of responsability to be conscious all the time.

Way easier to blame the meditation technique you are using for 1% of the day that you are still utterly dissatisfied with life.

?

Brushing my teeth didn't make me happy. I give up. I'm highly suspicious of showering now. 

If you're conscious of how conscious you are you ain't conscious. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost