Hawkins

What is the highest Spiritual Text in Existence?

36 posts in this topic

Please recommend me books/texts.

What is the highest and most direct written teaching.

A Book that will permanently alter your mind forever by just reading them.

A Book you can just open on any page, read and go on contemplating single insights for days.

Looking for insights within language is one of the least effective ways to ascend your spirituality. Language is an extremely crude medium for sharing insights. It delivers less than 0.000000001% of truth.

I ultimately wouldn't recommend written/spoken wisdom to anyone, but everyone has the right to extract wisdom from wherever they see fit. For this reason, I'd recommend you anything from Jed Mckenna. He's very direct, sometimes even blunt. And he's eloquent and sensitive.

Also a few books to check out:

• Power vs. Force by David Hawkins.
  • Mind Is a Myth by Krishnamurti.
  • Emptiness Dancing by Adyashanti.

And don't forget about the classics. Power of Now, etc...

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

I recommend "Being Aware of Being Aware" by Rupert Spira.  It points to lasting peace.

Jivanmukti's book called "Siddha Param-para. The key to bio-spiritual immortality." It's a shaktipat transmission. She is a yogi, not a non-duality teacher, that which the non-dualists call enlightenment is just the beginning of yoga. When I got the book and held it and looked at it I had a kundalini experience, some kind of awakening. There are some especially powerful chapters that really puts me in a meditative state, some that helps transform emotional distortions and so on.

God is Love. Love is God 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I like the Ashtavakra Gita. It’s as concise and straightforward as they get. Ramana Maharshi held it in high esteem.

Maybe Ellam Ondre, too, which means All Is One.

Who am I? by Ramana is also great.

It is not about the text per se. "The Highest Text" is merely an illusory top, for the truth you are seeking is not hidden within words. Writing can only ever be so direct because it reflects so little. But it isn't to blame. Writing, as anything in life, actually equates to the raw truth itself. It is here. Whatever text you seek will only point you closer to whatever you are already now.

The inefficiency of writing lies in how the average reader is "programmed" to adapt language. You are the highest book, you are the highest contemplation. But this does not click until later. A book is perceived as something external, and so is the author, so are the insights. A book ever aspires that you contemplate yourself. You cannot find the highest teaching within a book.

When you merge with tranquility, any text will seem as the highest teaching. Even a psychopath's tweets. They will be so beautiful and perfectly here; how could anything true not be here? A descend into madness. Two butterflies merging with the sky. What? I do not know. Random sentences. They do not make sense from a judgemental standpoint. But their "hereness" or "beingness" is what the highest books are trying to teach you. 

This is actually a limiting belief of mine; that when I finally publish my texts, people will be too ignorant to see the truth they are referring to. It heavies my heart. What a fear. Yet for some reason, I love this fear; it floats here like a mountain, and I love mountains.

Let us go hitchhiking. This is the truth. The highest teaching is within you. 

Also, welcome to the forum, I see you are new. Do not worry if my advice seems too far out, too intangible. It may be an overshot for where you are at.

I didn't read many, but these are some good books.

Power of Now
Way of Liberation - Adyashanti 
I am that - Maharashi Nisgardatta

Also, read this forum. It can open your mind . Here you can read things you didn't want to hear, which may frighten you, but it can also help you in hard times. And opening your mind plays a part in awakening. 

3 hours ago, Hawkins said:

Please recommend me books/texts.

What is the highest and most direct written teaching.

A Book that will permanently alter your mind forever by just reading them.

A Book you can just open on any page, read and go on contemplating single insights for days.

I can suggest books but it may serve you to look at your perspective on books first.

There is no book that it magically alter anyone as soon as they read it. Books only have value when we are ready to receive it. If you're not ready, it might as well just be a bunch of paper.

So I would ask myself, what feels ready to me? You do not need the highest book, you just need the one that's going to get you to the next step.

Meditations from Marcus Aurelius :)

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I recommend: Conversations With God 1-4

Edited by Byun Sean

Just take a psychedelic and save yourself 10 years of reading BS.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

https://ajatasunyata.com/

Check out all the essays... believe you can download some of his books for free as well from there.

Maybe also check out "A Course in Miracles" Made Easy by Alan Cohen

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Read "Dissolving the ego, realising the self" by David R. Hawkins start to finish before taking LSD alongside meditation and contemplation of these insights and you should make quick progress.

You are expecting too much from a book

"Seeing That Frees" is great

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho