myname

Stuck in a third world country for now: Trouble finding friends

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

As of writing this, I live in a religious third world country in the middle east, with individuals who are mostly blue, with a bit of orange in there. There are of course orange individuals who have abandoned religions as well, but they're not very common. Basically the country as a whole is (slowly?) transitioning to orange.

I'm a college students right now (a male only school obviously), and I consider myself at stage green. I'm having trouble forming any meaningful human relationships where I live. I can't seem to resonate with the blue and orange people around here. I don't dislike them or anything, and I can perfectly get along with them. It's just that I can't form a deep bond with them. Finding others in stage green is not easy, I have never met a green person in my life, and I don't expect to meet one anytime soon.

Can someone give me advice on what to do? I'm considering exploring the possibility of having online friends. At the same time, what if I should stick with having no friends? I mean, the higher you develop, the harder it is to find people you resonate with, right? Wouldn't it be a good idea to get used to solitude? Thoughts appreciated

Edited by myname

live in the middle east and I have the same problem too

Edited by B_HAZ

Just don't be racist. Joke aside I would think about getting in touch with places that are promising like chess clubs, movie clubs, theater clubs, book clubs.