omfar001

What if you're not good at the career and life purpose you want

16 posts in this topic

Hello 

I have a bachelor degree in engineering as an Egyptian man most of young men want to become engineers because it allegedly provide a good respected job 

So as a result of that i went to engineering school like everyone else 

And i am doing my master degree in engineering now

Engineering is fun and all and i found that i can do something with it that i am passionate about ( robotic prosthetics )

The problem is that i don't feel i am good at it. i see people making great projects and write long lines of codes and make complicated calculations and i barely put all my efforts on just passing the exams to get my degree 

I know i am smart but i just feel like i am not good at engineering and creative and technical stuff

What should i do ? Should i leave engineering and go find something i am good at ? Or should i just keep pushing through this and maybe something in my mind will change and become more creative and good with technical stuff ?? 

Edited by omfar001

If you are truly passionate about it you will find a way. It's about positive intent. It could be that you still haven't found the right projects for you, but if you feel engineering is the right direction for you, keep going. It will come.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Is engineering truly what your heart wants to do?

What I hear is not someone who is following his life purpose, but someone who is trying to justify an unconscious decision made in the past.

What do you really want to do?

Realizeyourgrowth.com

4 hours ago, Identity said:

What I hear is not someone who is following his life purpose, but someone who is trying to justify an unconscious decision made in the past.

@Identity maybe you're right ......... as i said i just went to engineering because that's what teenagers dream about in my country .......... and I was already too invested in this path as I said I am doing my master degree in engineering now so I learned with time to love it and to be honest it's a good field and it is easy to love it's not like I am doing heavy handwork in coal mines 

and I found something I am passionate and interested in which is bionics (Prosthesis) because my brother was born without his left leg and wears a prosthetic leg.......... so I thought instead of leaving engineering i could use it and go and do something meaningful to me (this is the closet thing to find something I am passionate about i don't know something else maybe there is but i didn't find yet )

but the problem is that i am not at the level which makes me able to create these things as i said i put all my effort to go through exams ........ don't get me wrong i am not horrible at it or stupid actually my grades are mostly "B" i am just barely good ...... not at the creative level that enables me to create something useful but at the level which enables me to barely get a job and be average engineer   

Edited by omfar001

Just by knowing the direction you want would put you way ahead of most. Read the book mastery. Work out ways to build your schedule into making this more of a focus in your week. If it is what you want to do you just need more time in it. It's just like playing golf really. You get better the more times you swing the club. 

You can use the engineering to help set yourself up financially to fully pursue this too.

@omfar001

It could be that you're being too hard on yourself. Or it could be engineering isn't for you. Or it could be that maybe you haven't found the right engineering project.

I'm not an engineer, but if I was, I think it be really cool to work on Over-Unity devices or Biomimicry technology. Maybe that would interest you.

20 hours ago, omfar001 said:

What should i do ?

Turn inward. See if you can tune into your deepest intuition beyond your conditioning and fear-based stories. What does it tell you?

@Average Investor

21 hours ago, Average Investor said:

You can use the engineering to help set yourself up financially to fully pursue this too.

this is a really good idea thank you

15 hours ago, aurum said:

I'm not an engineer, but if I was, I think it be really cool to work on Over-Unity devices or Biomimicry technology. Maybe that would interest 

the idea of finding a project is amazing that fires me up to put  that extra work that will make master engineering and becoming good at it 

that's why i don't want to give up on engineering because it's amazing and it's not one thing it's millions of different projects that can ignite the passion inside me 

and it's also a great well-paid job that will support me financially  to self actualize 

thank you for your help

Look bro,  you have four terminologies to focus on here,

'Natural Abilities'        'Interests'          'Skills'            'Passion'

You have to develop SKILLS

You get NATURAL ABILITIES from your childhood or biology

Interests are temporary

But, passion is something you aim for in long term and it is something that will truly fulfill you

Seems like you have an Interest for Engineering that may be coming from inside or indoctrinated from culture, which in case means that you are lying to yourself

I think you have interest in engineering but lack in skill which you have to develop through sheer effort.

Don't take instant decisions reading this thread. This decision is going to change whole trajectory for your life. Wait few days, question deeply if you really have interest in it and also see if your parents really are ready to let you go even if you want to leave engineering which in case you have to stay till the end.

Read 'So Good they can't ignore you'.

Eventually, you become so good that other people really cannot ignore you!

@omfar001 huh its kind of funny, i choose to learn ethical hacking because of the good job i can have afterwards to support me.

but it seems to me you have passion to it, just keep doing it. if not, i think wise way is to thing of a smooth transition to work on your passion until you can generate value and live from it, or other way to finance yourself, i think about buying and then renting a house. its good that you do it to have a good job, i did not was wise enough to see i need to do it too first. 

@Avi Khomutovsky so you think that going into a path to earn money to help you self actualize and finding your purpose is a wise decision ?

did you learn ethical hacking just for the job? 

and thank you for your response

@omfar001  yes, because i didn't use the momentum when i had some skills like photography to think on the business side of it. 95% of the jobs i worked so far was physical or mindless just for the money, so now go for bigger paycheck, and conditions. so i can stop the stress of trying to self actualized and find and stay on LP, i didn't choose anything so now i choose to choose something which will have less stress if i will succeed in the course.

On 10/7/2020 at 0:56 PM, Identity said:

On 10/7/2020 at 0:56 PM, Identity said:

On 10/7/2020 at 4:20 AM, vizual said:

If you are truly passionate about it you will find a way. It's about positive intent. It could be that you still haven't found the right projects for you, but if you feel engineering is the right direction for you, keep going. It will come.

I think i have found the answer for this question this video gave me the answer and i hope any one face the same problem like me watch the video